• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Still gutted about this. Could have been a fantastic servant to the club. Like he said he only ever really wanted to defend the club and itā€™s players. Surely referencing the Brighton incident. Such a shame.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Always thought he was overrated on here because his positional awareness was trash and players would just glide past him. Very good passing range and progressive dribbling, though, so could probably have become good if he buckled down and worked on his deficiencies.

This transfer sum is very disappointing, especially given that we allow them to pay it next year. Should be a premium for that. I wonder how much we have made in total loaning fees, though, could be quite a decent sum all together, but he's definitely worth ā‚¬15m at least.

Looks like our technical department is once again striving to fail. Together with the Mavropanos sum, their work thusfar has been quite embarrassing.

razƶrist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Another potential goldmine handled poorly. Kid was close to French NT at one point now we dont even make a profit?! He may have had some attitude issues, who doesnā€™t at that age? He had one thing that most of our veteran model proā€™s donā€™t have, he was willing to fight for the badge and fight for his teammates. That should be worth something but sadly its not.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Good luck Matteo you crazy rogue. Loved watching you as a player here as well. Wish you all the best, but don't corrupt Mr Saliba please!

Goonger

Only think I won't miss is when he receives the ball in dangerous positions, & tried to turn or dribble out of trouble & just falls when a tackle comes in expecting a free kick.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Think people have been overreacting about Guendouziā€™s last couple posts (Emery and now this), he really hasnā€™t been that bad. Been decently respectful and kept the post towards complimenting Emery or the club rather than sending shots to others.

Malky

Established Member
Yes the kid clearly has some attitude issues, but the whole aftermath of the brighton incident want handled very, very poorly by Arteta. I mean Maupay injured Leno, and Guendouzi was the only one to really stick up for his team mate in that moment and Arteta wanted him to apologise? Guendouzi was right to tell Arteta to "**** off" at that point.

Malky

Established Member
he deserves to give a few out!

the statement is bang on & his last minutes here were literally defending the shirt & a fallen teammate vs Brighton šŸ’Æ

its mad how he never played again after that :clown:
Arteta talks about wanting players that want to fight for the badge, and be leaders, etc. Guendouzi does just that and Arteta punishes him for it and he's never seen in an Arsenal shirt again.
Does Arteta just want a team of nice guys with no personalitys or has more went on behind the scenes that's not been made public?

AbouCuƩllar

Author of A-M essays šŸ“š
No way was Guendouzi ever a 45 million Euro player, ffs :lol:

Clearly people weren't watching him actually play.
He's a talented boy. Seems like the brain and maturity might not accompany it but I can't really agree with this statement. There were times there I thought we had the material in him to develop him into a really top class 6.

Don't know what happened at Hertha but I don't think it was mad at all for him to be rated at 45m going into 19-20. Hindsight is 20/20 but we're talking about a boy who had been called up for the French absolute level and had put in some impressive performances for Arsenal with a great personality.

@Garrincha one thing is fighting for the shirt another thing is being an idiot. If it results in red cards it's not something you want...the fighting for the shirt Guendouzi did or Pepe did against Leeds is precisely the type of "fighting for the shirt" you want to discourage. There's nothing wrong with that. That said, could he have handled Guendouzi better and with more finesse? Probably, but we'll never know for sure.

Last edited:

Macho

Documenting your downfall šŸŽ„
Dusted šŸ”»

he deserves to give a few out!

the statement is bang on & his last minutes here were literally defending the shirt & a fallen teammate vs Brighton šŸ’Æ

its mad how he never played again after that :clown:
Yeah he's been treated like he bit someone or was racist on the pitch lol it's crazy. He must have been a proper git behind the scenes for that to be the final straw.

I didn't hate him myself and think he has potential so it's a shame. Best of luck to him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yes the kid clearly has some attitude issues, but the whole aftermath of the brighton incident want handled very, very poorly by Arteta. I mean Maupay injured Leno, and Guendouzi was the only one to really stick up for his team mate in that moment and Arteta wanted him to apologise? Guendouzi was right to tell Arteta to "**** off" at that point.
When you come to think of it, Maupay really screwed us over by alienating such a talented player.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Arteta talks about wanting players that want to fight for the badge, and be leaders, etc. Guendouzi does just that and Arteta punishes him for it and he's never seen in an Arsenal shirt again.
Does Arteta just want a team of nice guys with no personalitys or has more went on behind the scenes that's not been made public?
Its common knowledge there was more behind the scenes. Basically kept undermining Arteta and was already on notice long before Brighton. Also was well in with Ɩzil's crew who have systematically been expunged

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its common knowledge there was more behind the scenes. Basically kept undermining Arteta and was already on notice long before Brighton. Also was well in with Ɩzil's crew who have systematically been expunged
Would love to know what the real story was. Hope Athletic buy it from Arsenal and release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

ArsĆØne Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom