• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matthijs de Ligt

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Probably ends up at United City or Barca. Guy is top shelf.

BBF

Great player, makes his share of mistakes because he's still a kid but I'd snap him up. Pity the source is rubbish though.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He's going to make it big time. Already captaining Ajax at the age of 18 and 5 caps for the NT.

Why some people think he's too young baffles me. Would you rather have a 24 year old Gabriel Paulista?

If he goes to Barca he'll be the next Piqué for them. Get him now.

Malky

Established Member
He's going to make it big time. Already captaining Ajax at the age of 18 and 5 caps for the NT.

Why some people think he's too young baffles me. Would you rather have a 24 year old Gabriel Paulista?

If he goes to Barca he'll be the next Piqué for them. Get him now.
" If you're good enough, you're old enough " and getting handed the armband at 18 is a sign that this lad is clearly good enough.
Don't get this " he's too young " argument either, people on here moan that we have a lack of exciting prospects coming through, and we're just linked with one of Europe's highest rated young CB's and they're turning their noses up at him. Crazy.
Sign him up, 18 or not, he's a better defender than anyone else we've been linked with!

Newchange

" If you're good enough, you're old enough " and getting handed the armband at 18 is a sign that this lad is clearly good enough.
Don't get this " he's too young " argument either, people on here moan that we have a lack of exciting prospects coming through, and we're just linked with one of Europe's highest rated young CB's and they're turning their noses up at him. Crazy.
Sign him up, 18 or not, he's a better defender than anyone else we've been linked with!

When it comes to CB experience is everything. No doubt hes talented but hes got so much more developing to do and his understanding of the game comes with experience. The greek lad we have has good potential leave him here and sign some experience but most importantly quality.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
When it comes to CB experience is everything. No doubt hes talented but hes got so much more developing to do and his understanding of the game comes with experience. The greek lad we have has good potential leave him here and sign some experience but most importantly quality.

So you would rather have a Mertesacker over De Ligt? Or Koscielny, who is declining year after year. Or someone like Mustafi, who has World Cup experience?

Experience is not everything. Quality is.

Newchange

So you would rather have a Mertesacker over De Ligt? Or Koscielny, who is declining year after year. Or someone like Mustafi, who has World Cup experience?

Experience is not everything. Quality is.

I agree experience isn't everything but for a centre half its the main thing. Its one of 2 positions on the field where mistakes get punished which can lose you games. International experience and CL experience is vital but also 200+ games at a high domestic level is also key for a any decent CB to learn his trade. De Ligt has 65 career apps and you expect him to come in and Marshall a title challenging team? Id rather Koulibaly personally as Pers replacement.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Top player, but in today's market probably already out of our league.

Lack of experience doesn't necessarily matter if you're good enough. Look at Davinson Sanchez at Spuds, played only season at Ajax and is doing superbly now.

Newchange

Davinson Sanchez has played 100+ games including EPL,CL and International football with Colombia. Of course experience isnt everything but its needed especially at the highest level.

BBF

If he goes to Barca he'll be the next Piqué for them
. Get him now.

Yep, he's already better with the ball than all of our midfielders bar 2 or 3.

BBF

Davinson Sanchez has played 100+ games including EPL,CL and International football with Colombia. Of course experience isnt everything but its needed especially at the highest level.

Mate, I don't really know what the argument is here...? So having experience makes you better? Is that why our most experienced defender can't get a game? Or is that why superb experienced defenders like Silvestre and Cygan did so well for us? Experience is a bonus, nothing more.

He walks into our first 11, make no mistake.

Newchange

Mate, I don't really know what the argument is here...? So having experience makes you better? Is that why our most experienced defender can't get a game? Or is that why superb experienced defenders like Silvestre and Cygan did so well for us? Experience is a bonus, nothing more.

He walks into our first 11, make no mistake.

My argument is the lads played 65 games in the dutch league and hes being hailed is the next best thing. Let him develop his game and assees in a few years.

BBF

My argument is the lads played 65 games in the dutch league and hes being hailed is the next best thing. Let him develop his game and assees in a few years.

You're completely missing the point though, he's good enough to play NOW. We'll never get him next year, or the year after if he continues to improve.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom