• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Maty Ryan Joins Arsenal

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Wow I wanted Ryan and mentioned multiple times in the transfer thread. Didn't expect our club to do the obvious thing and go and do it out of nowhere! :lol: well done even though this is compensation for the stupid decision in the summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So.. Gabriel is an avid basketball fan?

GettyImages-1180309632-e1597851215758.jpg

Taking shots at the Admiral? Not having that.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Because they have a tendency of being better on the ball. Taller keepers not so much but of course exceptions exist.

Funny I was thinking that, as it'd make sense; with the lower centre of gravity and what I'd assume would be better coordination and balance but quite a lot of the best ball playing keepers are fairly taller; Neuer, Martinez and even Ederson is still 6 ft 2 and our own Leno who apparently is a midget (he's not), is fairly astute at ball playing and is 6 ft 3.

Edit: But of course like you said it could and may very well be the exception. Perhaps it's something like being tall and also being good on the ball is rare so that's why those guys are highly rated. Of course they have to be good at being able to keep the ball out of the net too otherwise the other two points are moot.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
The one interesting thing I found from his introductory interview: He specifically mentions Karl Jakob Hein in with Leno and Runarsson in talking about looking forward to working with them in the future. Could be a slight reveal of how the Club views Hein currently, i.e. in the mix and ahead of Okonkwo.
great spot. @MutableEarth

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can we buy him? Wouldn't mind.

Might become better than Leno.

We surely can if he really loves Arsenal and is fine with being the 2nd keeper (unless Leno makes mistakes).

He has 1 year in contract in the summer, and has some problems with Brighton management I think.

Melquiades

The one interesting thing I found from his introductory interview: He specifically mentions Karl Jakob Hein in with Leno and Runarsson in talking about looking forward to working with them in the future. Could be a slight reveal of how the Club views Hein currently, i.e. in the mix and ahead of Okonkwo.

Hein seems to me to be a pretty underrated prospect here.

Worth noting that although he’s the Estonian national team keeper he qualifies as HG.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
“We have incredible talent and competition at this club for just one position...understandably, as Australia’s number one, Mat wants the chance of more regular opportunities.”

...said Brighton boss Graham Potter.

...is that walking gimp Potter, throwing shade at our boy Leno!?

Mate, one of your keepers is from that Sunderland Til I Die relegation season, you don't have "incredible talent" in that position in anyway :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
“We have incredible talent and competition at this club for just one position...understandably, as Australia’s number one, Mat wants the chance of more regular opportunities.”

...said Brighton boss Graham Potter.

...is that walking gimp Potter, throwing shade at our boy Leno!?

Mate, one of your keepers is from that Sunderland Til I Die relegation season, you don't have "incredible talent" in that position in anyway :lol:
maybe he meant it is incredible that he has talent :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He couldn't say Okonkwo's name. No way Arteta keeps Runarsson around to embarras himself :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom