• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Medhi Benatia

KillaJax

Think his departure from Roma was acrimonious, think he said that he didn't want to leave but Roma needed the money, some offical from Roma strongly accused him of lying.

Fun Fact: When he made the move to Udinese, it was on a free and he slot in from the get go and performed very well in helping them to a top 4 finish.

Wenger will probably sign him.

BBF

If he does move, it'll probably be return to Roma. He has come out and said this:

"I would certainly do it, everyone knows that Rome is a special place for me. So many people have remained in my heart."

Looking on the positive side though, this could open up a move for Manolas, so this merry-go-around wouldn't be too bad at all.

Roma fans hate him afaik

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's 29 ffs, we need a young CB who'll be here for years.

Man.O.Las.

Heisenberg

He's 29 ffs, we need a young CB who'll be here for years.

Man.O.Las.
I disagree.

We need a defender who can improve our team now. Manolas can probably do that too, so he is an option. That he can last longer is just a plus.

But, to be fair we already have relatively young CB's with potential in Gabriel and Chambers. Both of them have the potential, I believe. Mertesacker and Koscielny is our best options. Mertesacker is good, but not very good. And Arsenal should aim for very good. Koscielny is very good, but he has been a bit inconsistent this season, and on top of that he is out injured from time to time.

Can we get Benatia or similar experienced quality defender for a discount - go for it. If the price is not that attractive on Benatia, Kompany or who else - then Manolas or similar are better options.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

7EZ52ek.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

At this stage anyone makes sense.

Do we need to be reminded of Mert and Gabriel's seasons?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Gabriel needs a long hard look at himself,

29 is nothing for a CB. What's his pace like? Never heard of this guy.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom