• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
When the Torygraph goes after you, you know you’re doing something right.
The refs charity guy called him that :lol:
The touchline attitude of Klopp and Arteta towards match officials has long been a concern to grassroots referees.

“I was pleased they recognised the difficult task Howard Webb [the head of the PGMOL] has in front of him in their statement but this trend of clubs making statements is very embarrassing in my opinion,” said Cassidy.

“They would have more credibility if they addressed and made a public statement about the unacceptable behaviour of their players or manager.

“Mikel Arteta’s touchline behaviour is the worst in the Premier League and his behaviour is a large part of the problem in football. He has become a Mercedes version of Neil Warnock. His behaviour and comments, that now appear to be supported by Arsenal as a club, is very worrying for me and the game in general. This statement [by Arsenal], in my opinion, is nothing other than an infantile moan.”

Cassidy’s charity receives weekly reports of abusive touchline behaviour at grassroots, often towards officials who are under the age of 18 and then turn their back on becoming referees.

“This behaviour is replicated at grassroots youth football and yet again this weekend we have had parents of young referees telling us that they have been threatened and verbally abused by coaches in the youth game who are using the same verbal terms, behaviours and comments they are shown on TV,” said Cassidy.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Must feel great for the refs that they can make giant mistakes and fail at their job without getting any criticism from the media that will instead focus on the emotional reaction of a manager

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
just saw Michael Owen defending the referee and got angry at Arteta's rant

I bet he was singing a different tune when Diaz's goal was VAR checked wrongly

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The only tears here are from Arsenal fans. More emotional than the Liverpool fan base these days.

Arteta's instructions to flop down and complain about fouls at minimal contact seem to have extended to the fanbase too sadly.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Given the choice I'd go for Arteta's reaction every time. Postecoglou looked a depressed and beaten man, kept looking down ffs. At least Arteta come out with some fire for his team.

Not that the situations have an ounce of similarity. Sp**s had zero controversial calls made.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Given the choice I'd go for Arteta's reaction every time. Postecoglou looked a depressed and beaten man, kept looking down ffs. At least Arteta come out with some fire for his team.

Not that the situations have an ounce of similarity. Sp**s had zero controversial calls made.
But Arteta swings his arms in the technical area!!!!! Make it make sense.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom