Merci Arsène

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by kraphtous, Apr 20, 2018.

1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

2. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Imagine if he comes back... as an interim coach at least and only focused on the football. Would be really interesting how he does with this squad.

3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Lets not.

Let me say more... It ended pretty badly for him. He was hurt. Would you want there to be any chance at all of it ending badly again for him here, at his age? If you love the guy, the thought of that should make you sick.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  4. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

10 min interview

Thinks we should be third this year, for what it's worth.

celestis and Tir Na Nog like this.
  5. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

A man can dream, alright? :(

Jury likes this.
  6. Jury

Its a dream for me too. To have him come back and lead us to a title or even a CL? You couldn't dream better than that.

celestis likes this.
  7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

It’s not a dream for me. While we’ve got the same old holes in the squad like a Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka, it’ll just be the same old frustration boiling over as they make mistakes. The hate that spewed out for Emery by posters on here in the Sp**s match, took me back. It’s always the managers fault.

pacstud and Tir Na Nog like this.
  8. Jury

It's a dream as dreams go; like, he comes back; the defence performs great; Xhaka gets the first ever brain transplant;wins the lot and retires on his terms. No horrific mach threads required! It's a dream--like the one you had last night about Diana Dors, involving that WW2 gas mask and the 3 mexican dwarves.

pacstud and Makingtrax like this.
  9. Makingtrax

According to Google she was born Diana Fluck. :lol: No mention of Mexicans though.

Jury likes this.
  10. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Quality

11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

What we've all been waiting for all these years!

12. Makingtrax

Will get a signed copy somehow.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  13. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Needs something to do as no one wants to give him a job.

14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

More chances for you to **** over him?

15. Tir Na Nog

?????

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  16. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Would love a signed copy!

Makingtrax likes this.
  17. Makingtrax

Worst post I’ve ever read on AM. Thoughtless sh!te.

18. rich 1990

It's a legitimate question though. Why hasn't he got another job in management when it's fairly clear that's what he wanted? Damning, if you ask me.

19. Tir Na Nog

You honestly believe there's no clubs out there that'd want Wenger as their manager? Let's be honest he's not gonna just manage any club, and besides that I think he was happy to take a complete year out. Judging by the latest interview he's definitely raring to go again though. That being said he's gonna wait for the right job, at his age he won't have time to take a struggling side in need of major changes, he'll want a decent team capable of accomplishing something but needs something that he can give them, maybe inspire them to achieve more than what they're giving at the moment. Keep an eye out, I guarantee he'll get a job soon, it'll probably be a decent one at that.

Most of Ligue 1 would take him as their manager, most German teams too. Then there's a few top teams who might sack their manager and would gladly take Wenger until the end of the season. I don't believe for one second that it's as simple as no one wants him. In fact I think it's outright ridiculous to suggest that clubs wouldn't think of him as an option.

celestis and Makingtrax like this.
  20. rich 1990

No, i'm not saying that. But he said a year ago, he'd back in January this year. I think the thought of Wenger kicking his heels in boredom is rather funny. Some people can't handle doing nothing and i'd imagine he's one of them. I want to see him back and happy, just wondering what's the hold up.