• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
It's been really emotional for me too. You're not alone.
thanks. I really wish there was a thread, where we all just could hang out and grieve properly. This will take time to heal.

I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause.
What cause withholds you then to mourn for him?
O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me. (weeps)

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
It was roses, roses, all the way,
With myrtle mixed in my path like mad:
The house-roofs seemed to heave and sway,
The church-spires flamed, such flags they had,
A year ago on this very day.

II

The air broke into a mist with bells,
The old walls rocked with the crowds and cries.
Had I said, ‘Good folks, mere noise repels -
But give me your sun from yonder skies!’
They had answered, ‘And afterward, what else?’

III

Alack, it was I who leaped at the sun,
To give it my loving friends to keep!
Nought man could do have I left undone:
And you see my harvest, what I reap
This very day, now a year is run.

IV

There's nobody on the house-tops now -
Just a palsied few at the windows set -
For the best of the sight is, all allow,
At the Shambles' Gate—or, better yet,
By the very scaffold's foot, I trow.

V

I go in the rain, and, more than needs,
A rope cuts both my wrists behind;
And I think, by the feel, my forehead bleeds,
For they fling, whoever has a mind,
Stones at me for my year's misdeeds.

VI

Thus I entered, and thus I go!
In such triumphs, people have dropped down dead.
‘Paid by the World, what dost thou owe
Me?’ - God might question; now instead,
'Tis God shall repay! I am safer so.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would rather he took a break to write that book his spoke about before.

Would be surreal to see him back at the Emirates with an away team though.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Has been my biggest beef with him the last few years. Not ruthless enough and protecting some underachievers.

He is too loyal - he always has been. Treated some of them as if they were his own only for them to betray him. He's also been too loyal to underachievers - given some of them more time than many managers would have. How can a player as bad as Manuel Almunia have over 100 Arsenal appearances? Where is Carl Jenkinson nowadays? How many mistakes do Cech/Mustafi have to make? What has big Per done to earn his wages since the FA cup final last season?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If I had a chance to say something to Wenger right now, I would try to explain how goals like these made me happy like a little kid…

Arsenal_1.gif

Arsenal_2.gif

Arsenal_3.gif

Jack's the only one left from those clips, and he's probably got about 3 weeks left. With Wenger going too its certainly the end of an era. Here's to a new beginning!

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Since this is unfortunately slowly becoming a send off defined by the greatest hits of Wengers failures, what would be more in-keeping? Getting knocked out in the EL at the semis or making the final and losing? Hope neither happen obviously.

benjamin86

Established Member
Since this is unfortunately slowly becoming a send off defined by the greatest hits of Wengers failures, what would be more in-keeping? Getting knocked out in the EL at the semis or making the final and losing? Hope neither happen obviously.
semis, losing 2-1 in second leg.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Watching him trot up and down to the touch line today was weird. Think he’s now relieved to be going, has the look of a man who’s had the world lifted of his shoulders.

Month off and he might not want to manage again. Can see him returning in some role by 2020.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Watching him trot up and down to the touch line today was weird. Think he’s now relieved to be going, has the look of a man who’s had the world lifted of his shoulders.

Month off and he might not want to manage again. Can see him returning in some role by 2020.
Looks more relaxed, might even be glad to be leaving.

He’ll get a top job by next season.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom