• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

blaze_of_glory

He said his English improved since 1996, but I don't think it did. If anything, it got worse, not that it was anything other than very good.

Could be he just used to take more care back then when speaking it. After while he may have just got comfortable but also lazier in that regard.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Could be he just used to take more care back then when speaking it. After while he may have just got comfortable but also lazier in that regard.
Its a strange one. I only searched an old vid to see if his English was ever sketchy, but what I hear is a more fluid speaker. For example, the the last sentence just rolls off his tongue. His brain is probably just slowing down in that regard, as you'd expect. Getting a bit forgetful.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Yeah same, 06-11 is Wenger’s peak as a manager and his best work, that’s why you can only laugh at the 13 years of failure nonsense. If he was at an elite club during this time he would have been adding to his trophy haul yearly
trophies dont matter now....top 4 does

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
if the shareholders had any sense, they would have given him a 4 yr contract today...and 300M to spend, saying - Go Ahead Arsène, you earnt it....take 4 yrs of doing what u really can do. Even if we get relegated, we wont do anything...4 yrs...build us one final great team....or at least try to.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
what i like is seeing him with the tension and stress melted away...and the real nice smart funny stylish man come back to us. This is what we missed....that the haters took from us. Go Arsène, have some fun.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Listening to Wenger recently, I get the impression he's undergone a lot of reflection since the news broke and is genuinely considering not continuing in a coach/manager role. A weight seems to have lifted from his shoulders and he's accepted there are other options out there that keep him in the game that he loves and craves. I think he'll take up the PSG role as General Manager with Tuchel as team manager.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
So the final question of Wengers Arsenal career is will he go half a season without an away win/point to go along with his unbeaten season.
I think those two records would sum up Wengers management of the club pre Invincibles and post pretty neatly and has a nice symmetry to it cutting through all the bs.
It would be nice, though and I would prefer if he gets a thumping win and a good send off and Im sure Huddersfield will oblige. He's given some great times to the club, even in the barren years there were little gaps of light amidst the frustration.
Whatever the truth about his performance as a manager recently, hes given some of the best years of his life to the club and tried his hardest I have no doubt about that, his level of commitment is rare and a wonderful thing.
Personally though as a fan of Arsenal (and someone who always has and still does admire Arsène Wenger the man) Id rather remember the 97-05 seasons and forget about the sketchiness between then and now as whats the point reflecting on unhappy memories and frustration compared to such towering achievements? So for those years especially Im thankful and wish him all the best in life.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
i dont need your advice on how to behave. I know what a fan should behave like.
Well that's a very odd response considering I've not in any way given any advice on how anyone should behave. But since we're now on the subject, I'd advise you to change the record, because it's boring as **** mate. And to think you're the one accusing everyone else of 'whinning'... Have a word, lad.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The Queen, being reputably a Gooner, will surely insist on it
He's a perfect candidate all considered. Fergie got his because of the sheer weight and rate of success, but he wouldn't have got a sniff based on the way he carried himself, which is a big factor.

Stannis

I don't think Wenger would ever accept a knighthood, sort of goes against his French values

Plus did he ever take British Citizenship ( i would have thought it would have for practical reasons if nothing else)

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't Wenger would ever accept a knighthood, sort of goes against his French values

Plus did he ever take British Citizenship ( i would have thought it would have for practical reasons if nothing else)
he accepted an honorary OBE in 2003, so presumably he is not opposed to honours

I may be wrong here, but I don't think many Western Europeans take citizenship in another West European country, as there are no tangible benefits in doing so - which post Brexit may change, of course

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Well that's a very odd response considering I've not in any way given any advice on how anyone should behave. But since we're now on the subject, I'd advise you to change the record, because it's boring as **** mate. And to think you're the one accusing everyone else of 'whinning'... Have a word, lad.
wrong thread for you ...dont **** all over here.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
oh wow...an ignore button. cool.

maybe with the restraints gone, we will get to see wenger express himself fully...and tell us like it is...maybe he will write and get on twitter too? just stay close to us sir.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom