• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Shut up with your nonsense bra, don't pull that card in here. Everybody knows Özil back story don't need an update,

Current state of affairs, how he is playing, his wages nobody will no big club gonna take it off us and small teams can't pay him for 300k a week. If he leaves arsenal, turkey.

Given that the point of his reply was to point out how you actually didn't know his history... Id wager you actually didn't know his history.

Your second paragraph... First game of the season, in a new system and still had a decent game. What are you going off? :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
and Turks didn't come to Germany as refugees, but as migrant workers - that would make a great difference in the way Germans perceived them
It might but that shouldn't matter either. Those people are victims who need help, human beings in trouble. That should be enough to treat them with dignity and respect. And I do understand the concerns about an influx of people with a very different way of life. What really bothers me though is this idea that being an ethnic minority means you somehow owe your country more reverence or blind endorsement than everyone else. Either everyone can have a say in the affairs of the nation and have their concerns heard without being demonized or you have no nation at all.

The not so subtle implication from everyone who has come out against Özil is that his feelings can't be valid and he should shut up and be grateful that Germany took an outsider in. It's precisely what he was saying, that he's not fully accepted. There's a standard of whiteness that he doesn't fit and so it's not acceptable for him to criticize injustice in his country. He's German. Being proud of his heritage doesn't negate that. He shouldn't be held to some impossible standard where he can't stand up for himself and others being treated badly because he doesn't fit the stereotypical German aesthetic.

TheArsenalis

Given that the point of his reply was to point out how you actually didn't know his history... Id wager you actually didn't know his history.

Your second paragraph... First game of the season, in a new system and still had a decent game. What are you going off? :lol:
Yeah keep grinning mug. You would lose your wager.

Read the conversation before jumping spouting off bra. Did anyone mentions his performance in his last game? Or new system?

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Yeah keep grinning mug. You would lose your wager.

Read the conversation before jumping spouting off bra. Did anyone mentions his performance in his last game? Or new system?

You said back to the Turkish lower leagues. Read that a few times. Im confident that is indicative of not knowing what you're frothing about.

You seem to have glossed over the main point... He is currently playing in a new system, therefore we must judge him on that. It doesn't make sense to talk about his previous performances as they have been critiqued ad nauseam.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Racism is everywhere, it's hidden in our daily lives. Özil ddnt face no blatant racism. Özil was the one who turned this theme into a race theme.

Özil never said the German team was racist or DFB was racist , he did say the DFB were happy for him to be the scapegoat and a lot of the criticism had racist overtones.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bias and - isms are human nature, and the better amongst us find ways to keep them in control.

I believe that this situation could be completely avoided by just focusing on ozils performance which was bad enough.

As a nation, I've always admired Germany for being progressive, but allowing people to keep running their mouth has had a bad effect.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil never said the German team was racist or DFB was racist , he did say the DFB were happy for him to be the scapegoat and a lot of the criticism had racist overtones.
spot on. The initial reaction, and now the needless justifications are like trying to put out a fire you started by pouring kerosene on it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He never said anything about the team or the DFB being racist. He spoke about DFB president Grindel making Özil the scapegoat, and about his anti-immigrant political background.

Nobody in Germany has the guts to seriously speak about this issue due to their history, I think Grindel is using the players to cover his own back.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't waste your time with that guy @TheArsenalis mate. Saying stuff like back to the Turkish lower leagues has the same implicit racist undertone that Mesut talked about in his statements. Guess you can't keep your real feelings down.

Bergkamp1988

What I like about football is that it makes me forget about people's petty opinions on politics. The warm hearted naive leftists, the right wing pricks and closet racists. All this childish nonsense goes away for a couple of hours. Just football and deodorant commercials. I quite enjoy that.

Hopefully this thread will get back to football. I actually enjoy the argument about Ozils #10 position in our current tactics.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He never said anything about the team or the DFB being racist. He spoke about DFB president Grindel making Özil the scapegoat, and about his anti-immigrant political background.

Nobody in Germany has the guts to seriously speak about this issue due to their history, I think Grindel is using the players to cover his own back.

There's something going on , almost like they refuse to address what he actually said.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
In what way ?
in the UK migrant workers, mostly from Baltic countries and Poland, are regularly accused of stealing British jobs, the same jobs much of the British unemployed youth refuse to touch

I assume that has been the same in Germany, though in the case of Turks there is the Muslim factor to add in to, which presumably has got a lot worse since the increase in terrorist attacks, and the advent of Trump's rhetoric

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

in the UK migrant workers, mostly from Baltic countries and Poland, are regularly accused of stealing British jobs, the same jobs much of the British unemployed youth refuse to touch

I assume that has been the same in Germany, though in the case of Turks there is the Muslim factor to add in to, which presumably has got a lot worse since the increase in terrorist attacks, and the advent of Trump's rhetoric

Ah I see , just my opinion , I think they're more afraid of refugees . Turkish people have been migrating to Germany since the late 60's . They actually have a long history together including being allies in WW1.

Germans have always been a little bit nervy about intergration . I remember my German mates dad complaining about reintergrating "uncouth" East Germans :lol:. Ballack was actually looked down upon because he was from East Germany people seem to have forgotten .

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Gunners boss Emery said: “Every player needs to do [that] in the true moment of a match. There are defensive moments and attacking moments. Every player each needs this commitment.

“For me, we need to start together, whether we are attacking or defending. I want that from every player. The positioning, he [Özil] is playing all his career like a 10, like a right winger going inside to receive the ball.

“It’s clear he needs the ball more to give more options in attack. He needs to do in each match, be demanding for us. Defensive moments are for each and every player. Don’t change Mesut Özil in his positioning.”

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Was just about the post this, the headline on the Mirror version is a bit misleading, though then again it would be or at least it seems like they're suggesting that Emery is having a go at Mesut when he isn't really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom