<

Mesut Özil: These Öz Ain't Loyal

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Why do you believe he's been left out?

1. Just football reasons

2. Criticism of China

3. Paycut refusal

4. A bit of everything

5. Mods should ban kash2 from the thread

6. Mods should ban Oxeki and Jury from the forum

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! :rofl:

Oxeki likes this.
  2. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Honestly, If it means that much to you, I won't post in this thread anymore. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just giving my honest opinion.

Plenty of players get crapped over for one reason or another on here. It's just weird how some people get so defensive over this guy.

3. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

What's your deal man?:lol:
    Why do you get triggered when Özil is criticized. Even you don't cry about your boy Laca like this ffs.

Jury likes this.
  4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

I prefer to randomly bring up the past in every thread...that way you can enjoy some nostalgia banter with those who want to join in, plus you can also piss off those who get annoyed when the past is brought up...2 for 1 in this scenario :drool:

5. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Our beloved nostalgia merchant!

Riou likes this.
  6. Jury

Somebody make an Özil nostalgia thread for these wussy’s to congregate in ffs. I bet nobody posts in there because they’re really addicted to creating the conflict in here, even when it’s much easier to avoid it. All it took was two posts ridiculing some random on Twitter declaring him is the greatest playmaker of all time ffs!

Oxeki and Macho like this.
  7. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Such a shame how things have turned out. Team is basically crying out for this.

Oh_Snap, krackpot and celestis like this.
  8. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Zero tackles in that video. Not good enough.

krackpot likes this.
  9. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

That no look pass was filthy.

10. Trilly

I'm gonna do that pass tonight at powerleague, even if its bait who I'm passing to.:lol::lol:

Camron likes this.
  11. Paddy from Sweden

Paddy from Sweden Active Member

This is an Özil thread on an ARSENAL message board. If people can't stand him being criticised and only want to see posters showing their undying love for him they can create an Özil message board. The sad thing is he deserves to be criticised. Cause as long as he picks up a wage from our club but don't put in enough effort to be picked to play and doesn't even represent our club in a proper manner then he will get criticised.

I used to love Özil and even only went to see Sweden play Germany cause of him and cheered when he scored. Which didn't go well we my fellow compatriots around me. But I was there for Özil and couldn't care less. Sadly love fades especially when it seems the other part doesn't care as much as you do anymore. Cause had he cared about his club and football career he wouldn't be where he is and the situation he has created. But this is what it has come to and it's sad. Just as sad as his fans not being able to see it for what it is today and to take in what other people point out to them. It's not hate for Özil it's a dying love and frustration about the situation we have on our hands.

And no he doesn't earn his wage anymore. Cause you have to put in an effort and produce something to earn your wage. The club gave him a big contract. Özil hasn't given the club what it pays for. He's not even an ambassador for the club anymore. Which is he least he could do when he's not interested in playing football anymore. Cause if he loved the club he would see that he doesn't contribute anymore and agree to a move. That's a sacrifice one do if one love someone/something anymore. Cause all he does now is cause the club harm. And when you do you know there isn't any love anymore. The love is dead.

12. Trilly

Ay someone who gets it!

Oh_Snap likes this.
  13. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

3 of those highlights were at one game, Leicester at home. I was so lucky to be at the stadium, and be on the side of the goals in the second half. Absolutely sensational. That may have actually been his best Arsenal performance despite being under Emery :lol:

I have always felt he was capable of these kinds of match winning performances more often, and thats where my frustratons for him began.

Irresistable.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Trilly, Jury, celestis and 1 other person like this.
  14. Oxeki

They just can't resist staying in the thread. Case in point. Trilly is always crying about posts on here and has even promised to leave the thread but surprise, surprise, the dude is still here.

You're right though. Even if we create an Özil appreciation thread, the Özil acolytes will still come to camp out here. :lol:

CaseUteinberger and Jury like this.
  15. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

As in he got extra criticism because he was taking photos with Erdogan no? Someone who isn't appreciated in the west for his backwards views.

That of course piled added pressure on Özil but he ultimately chose to distance himself from the German national team rather than Erdogan.

musoke likes this.
  16. Oxeki

The sad truth is that he's only had this kind of performances once in the past 2.5 years (vs Leicester). For someone of his supposed quality, that's unacceptable.

musoke, Dj_sds - and Jury like this.
  17. Jury

Emery ball at the end there... Some of the goals we scored under him were just unbelievable :drool: .But in between and particularly when we weren’t winning, it was mostly horrific.

Oxeki and Red London like this.
  18. Jury

@Trilly

Oxeki likes this.
  19. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

for me this is the definitive post on Özil, and absolutely echoes my own feelings - what the worshippers don't get is that we who once admired him feel genuine sadness that he hasn't given us anything to admire for such a long time now

Oxeki, Red London and Jury like this.
  20. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

The main reason he was dropped is simply form. We pay him to provide the assists, dominate the attack...but that basically hasnt happend since he signed that contract.

Özil simply cannot dribble, and does not look for the killer pass.

Football Manager likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.