• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I also think Arteta will look a bit weak bringing him in now. Emery started looking weak when he brought Özil back in when everything else didn’t work.

Really, Arteta should have just played him and let Özil do the rest himself, he’d have 100% casually jogged himself back out of the team.

Instead Özil’s powers just grew with absence that was the problem. The only clips we see of Özil now is when he was killing it and not all those times he let us down. We’re kinda seeing it with Guendouzi a bit.

I would have liked to have seen him this season though, it was wrong he didn’t the promised clean slate. From then I even thought Mikel was dodgy and I said that earlier in this thread.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why would you re-open Pandora’s Box???

99d871f8f4b2ffcea2a76d5c74d267d7.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
They won’t bring him in, looks abit desperate, and brings into question the original decision and treatment of the player.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think he should come back anyway - firstly what’s the point, just for a few months? Play a kid, play ESR.

For me this story is closed, you banished the player, leave him banished.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Pointless bringing him back and difficult to understand why anyone would want to see it happen. If you're an Arsenal fan with your head screwed on tightly, you just want it to end and for the club to stop embarrassing itself.

Sweet'n'Soulful

I also think Arteta will look a bit weak bringing him in now. Emery started looking weak when he brought Özil back in when everything else didn’t work.

Really, Arteta should have just played him and let Özil do the rest himself, he’d have 100% casually jogged himself back out of the team.

Instead Özil’s powers just grew with absence that was the problem. The only clips we see of Özil now is when he was killing it and not all those times he let us down. We’re kinda seeing it with Guendouzi a bit.

I would have liked to have seen him this season though, it was wrong he didn’t the promised clean slate. From then I even thought Mikel was dodgy and I said that earlier in this thread.
To be honest, it shouldn't be about looking weak. If he decided to bring him back and it worked, you could just as easily say it took immense balls as you could call it weak. Ultimately managers have to make decisions that they live and die by. It'd be just another decision.

GDeep™

League is very weak
To be honest, it shouldn't be about looking weak. If he decided to bring him back and it worked, you could just as easily say it took immense balls as you could call it weak. Ultimately managers have to make decisions that they live and die by. It'd be just another decision.
Nah, if you bring Mesut back and he plays even just decent, it’s massively raises questions about the original decision to leave him totally out of the squad.

Im looking at the future now, Özil is not a part of that, so play ESR instead. Just like I rather see Guendouzi instead of Dani, El Neny etc, who won’t be here next season, just like I rather see Saliba instead of Luiz/Mustafi etc who won’t be here next season.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Nah, if you bring Mesut back and he plays even just decent, it’s massively raises questions about the original decision to leave him totally out of the squad.

Im looking at the future now, Özil is not a part of that, so play ESR instead. Just like I rather see Guendouzi instead of Dani, El Neny etc, who won’t be here next season, just like I rather see Saliba instead of Luiz/Mustafi etc who won’t be here next season.
What would be the point in looking back though? It really should all be forgotten if the decision came off. Of course the twitter mob would be creaming themselves, but good lord, football and time goes on. Not happening anyway!

GDeep™

League is very weak
What would be the point in looking back though? It really should all be forgotten if the decision came off. Of course the twitter mob would be creaming themselves, but good lord, football and time goes on. Not happening anyway!
When you review the season you will have to question why a player was totally omitted from a squad? That’s a massive call, the like we’ve probably never seen in PL history.

If Özil comes back and does well it’s natural to ask “maybe we wouldn’t be 15th in December had we used him instead of totally taking him out the squad”.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This should have been the season to nurture and develop the young players. Now I rather see ESR get minutes.

Arteta closed the Özil book, leave it closed.

Kav

Established Member
I disagree,my position is that you should use all the resources available to you to achieve your goals. If that means Özil has a spot in the squad so be it.

On another point you know what ticks me off. Özil, Saliba and Sokratis have all been left out of the team and we have Dani Ceballos (a real madrid player) registered on our squad. Why are we giving game time to a player that we don't have contractual rights to and who may go back to his parent club next year over our own players? That to me makes no sense as Özil>Ceballos anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I disagree,my position is that you should use all the resources available to you to achieve your goals. If that means Özil has a spot in the squad so be it.

On another point you know what ticks me off. Özil, Saliba and Sokratis have all been left out of the team and we have Dani Ceballos (a real madrid player) registered on our squad. Why are we giving game time to a player that we don't have contractual rights to and who may go back to his parent club next year over our own players? That to me makes no sense as Özil>Ceballos anyway.
The Cebellos thing is weird, very average player, on loan here for 2 years, plays regularly and will surely return to Real next year. He was poor for all of last season, until June or July most of this forum was saying “**** off back to Real”.

Guessing Real will sell him next summer to a mid level Spanish club for 25M or so. But we’re giving minutes to a poor player who we have no stake in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I mentioned this the other day, 25-30% of our starting line up is an on loan player, and two washed up old Chelsea players here to enjoy retirement. How invested are these 3 players here?

Just show courage and play the kids sometimes, because we have talented kids in all those positions.

Kav

Established Member
The Cebellos thing is weird, very average player, on loan here for 2 years, plays regularly and will surely return to Real next year. He was poor for all of last season, until June or July most of this forum was saying “**** off back to Real”.

Guessing Real will sell him next summer to a mid level Spanish club for 25M or so. But we’re giving minutes to a poor player who we have no stake in.
Exactly his spot could have gone to Guendouzi or/Willock/AMN or allowed ESR to play. Why are we developing him with no guarantee that we will take him on?

This should have been the season to nurture and develop the young players. Now I rather see ESR get minutes.

Never going to happen, we needed to do that in Wenger final season and Emery first season, and the more we postponed it, the more we needed to do that. This season we probably should have but Arteta has taken a step back from an gone full trust on his seniors players.

The problem is, that there is immense pressure from fans for instant success, instant top4. AM has a lot of knowledge posters and if anything its superior to Arsenal normal fan base but even posters on here think this squad is top4 material.

But with all these average players given all the trust even if they mess up year after year has made them all beyond comfortable. This has created bad mentality for many of these players.

scytheavatar

Established Member

We all know how Özil works by now and what we can expect from him if he returns.......... he'll play well for one game and then be invisible for the next 4. His fans will say he's worth it for that one good game and will pretend those poor games never happen, then we wonder why our team gets nowhere.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Guy hasn’t played competitive football for a year now, it would take months to find his level , better we buy Aouar and he goes in Jan.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I dunno, I mean given our lack of creativity bringing him back would be smart.

However, I was listening to a podcast (Arsenal Vision) and Paul made a point, something like Arteta would lose credibility by bringing Özil back.

I tend to agree with that, if he does bring him back he might not recover, though maybe the squad won't feel the same.

I wouldn't bring him back if I were the manager though, it looks a bit silly after taking such a strong stance.

Edit: Thankfully I'm not the manager, good luck Tets!

Our board will lose credibility not Arteta. Our board decided to keep him out of the squad not Arteta.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Our board will lose credibility not Arteta. Our board decided to keep him out of the squad not Arteta.
We don’t know that for sure.

Especially when you start to really scrutinise all the sporting decisions Arteta has made alongside this one.

I’d say leaving out Özil is pretty much on brand with the rest of what he’s done.

gamechannel

We don’t know that for sure.

Especially when you start to really scrutinise all the sporting decisions Arteta has made alongside this one.

I’d say leaving out Özil is pretty much on brand with the rest of what he’s done.

I'm inclined to think that as well. Also, Arteta and Özil were mates. Surely if this was forced upon Arteta by the board, Özil would have known. Instead, his agent came out and blasted Arteta when Özil was not registered. Makes me think this is all Arteta's doing after Özil rejected the paycut that Arteta forced them to take - a rejection Arteta took personally when he shouldn't haven't gotten himself involved in the paycut mess in the first place as he was the coach and had no reason to get involved in club finances. This all seems to be a creation of Arteta's arrogance and fragile ego.

This reminds me of when Arteta had gotten hired, news came out about how he was talking all the staff at the club including the people that worked in admin and retails stores etc about how everything will be better going forward or some emo **** like that.. I wondered why the **** a coach is doing that.. sure if it was a manager responsible for the day to day operations of the club, I'd understand it. But a ****ing first team head coach should focus on the product on the pitch and nothing more. Seems like Arteta always planned on gaining more control at the club and the paycut fiasco was another avenue for him to exercise authority he thought he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom