<

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Even if he has been told he won't be one of the players registered, what difference would that make to his situation...

Arteta: "Ok Mes...I know you haven't played a game in ages, plus we tried to sell/loan you but you are happy to just stay for the last year and collect your money...correct?"

Özil: "Yes, that's the sitch, Tets...just enjoying a paid holiday right now basically...you know what I'm saying!"

Arteta: "Yes...well we need room in the squad and since you weren't gonna play anyway, we are deciding to not include you in the squad registration...cool?"

Özil...

[​IMG]

2. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Well it depends who estimates the PR. For many Arsenal fans this is the last straw, he is losing the guys who loved him.

3. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Nah the Özil cult remains, which is really the only ones still behind him in any case. This looks good to all the fans outside of Arsenal who’ve slagged us off something rotten for all the redundancies.

4. drippin

Özil cult can remain, who cares. This just shows he doesn't care about Arsenal and most Arsenal fans see that finally. He cares about himself and his PR.

He doesn't have a future at top level anymore anyway so this "good press" for him doesn't matter much.

Paddy from Sweden likes this.
  5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Amazing gesture. Fair play Mesut:clap:

Kav, kash2, krackpot and 2 others like this.
  6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He was on 70k though? That can’t be right... I’ve less sympathy if he was on 70k for a part time job wearing a dinosaur outfit ffs.

CaseUteinberger and krackpot like this.
  7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Was that his salary?

8. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Everyone mad at Özil sitting and collecting tons of money. Guy offers some of it up to a guy who just got let go and people get even madder.

What a world.

gamechannel, kash2, krackpot and 2 others like this.
  9. drippin

I wasn't mad at him collecting the money. After this stunt I've had enough of him and his PR stuff.

The guy doesn't care about Arsenal, it's blatantly clear now.

10. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Exactly. It really sounds like they see Covid as chance to get cheaper work force in. So Özil is maybe not wrong in that they let a guy with 27 years of experience at the club go. Some posters here think being good fan is to believe the clubs pr they feed the media.

razörist and kash2 like this.
  11. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

70k?!?! Of behave will ya. These type of people are salt of the earth Arsenal diehards. I'd be surprised if he's on more than 20k for his part time job.

12. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Mod Edit: nope

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2020
  13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

Interesting point but I wonder if that is legal. It's different not registering a player who is out for the season but paying someone with no association with the club sounds dodgy. This season is compressed so only 8 months max to go. If we play well and win enough times, nobody will be talking about him. Removing his club Twitter page would be easier tbh.

14. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

Can I apply?

70 Fracking K per year for watching live arsenal matches!

musoke, Camron and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  15. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

I'll fight you for the job

CaseUteinberger, Kav and krackpot like this.
  16. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Only doing it to spite the club.

17. krackpot

I called dibs.

winners keepers, losers weepers!

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  18. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Jerry Quy worked the corporate and hospitality stuff as well. I'm pretty sure the Gunnersaurus stuff was only a relatively small part of his job.

Jury likes this.
  19. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

You don't just watch matches, you have to do a convincing impression of a T-Rex watching matches. It's not easy.

krackpot, musoke, Kav and 2 others like this.
  20. krackpot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.