Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

32.1%
  3. Don't know/don't care

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

You really going to buy this? I know you don't like the player but come on.

Oh_Snap and blaze_of_glory like this.
  2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

3. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Wrighty is a legend and a great character, but he chats as much **** as anyone. "Reckons" a lot of things.

4. Who cares Ozils w*** anyway,get rid of the parasite.

5. Optimistic

Optimistic Active Member

This isn't exactly a great insight and it's been said by plenty of others plenty of times before, but I think Özil's poor form has been a result of 2 factors.
    1. Most importantly, the absence of Santi Cazorla. We often talk about the 'telepathic' link between Özil and Sanchez, but if anything, it's Özil and Santi who are always on the same wavelength. Furthermore Santi is so talented he can get the ball to Özil almost invariably, which allows Özil to play higher up the pitch, where he is most effective.
    2. A change of roles this season. Limited though Giroud may be, he is a 'classical' striker in the way he plays. Özil knows where Giroud is gonna be, and where and when Giroud wants the ball. He's easy to read. But Alexis plays the striker role a bit unconventionally, and Özil has been forced to adapt. Wenger described Özil as playing as a second striker in first leg against Bayern this year. Özil is talented enough that we all hoped he could adapt successfully--he hasn't really.
    I love Özil. He's great at doing what he does. But apparently what he isn't great at is being flexible. It seems he requires the stars to align in order to really get the best from him.

6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I love how you waited for him to be ruled out of the Bayern game before you posted that. I think we're both at least as bad as each other on this one

:lol:

Trilly likes this.
  7. Trilly

I have no idea what you're talking about.:)

8. Trilly

I've been banging on this drum for a while: You don't need the stars to align to get the best out of him!

The guy just needs a regular supply of the ball in the areas he operates in, and the simple way to do that is to have a midfield that works. That's it. No stars aligning just a functional midfield. We got a brilliant season out of him with a Cazorla-Coq midfield behind him. It wasn't a perfect midfield but it was functional.

If the stars do align (Real Madrid days) then what you get is the best playmaker on the planet (let's leave Messi out of it for now).

Rimaal and celestis like this.
  9. Xhaka Zulu

Xhaka Zulu Well-Known Member

Sneaky bastard:lol:

10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Why is this naff sick at the same time every year? Did he get malaria as a child or something?

11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He knew he was getting dropped again ;)

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

He has a virus, but he is training...

How does that make sense?

13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

He doesn't have the virus anymore does he? He's not playing against Bayern because yesterday was his first real training session since before the 1st leg.

Trilly and Rimaal like this.
  14. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

So that'll be the sixth game his missed through 'illness' :lol:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  15. _reed_

_reed_ Active Member

We'll miss his tackles tonight

16. Trilly

No point of risking him in a pointless game either. Sure he would be getting minutes if the tie was still in the balance.

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Because we don't want to decrease his value in another horrible showing!:D

ARSNLNO1 likes this.
  18. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Think he'll probably stay because there will be a lack of top level suitors as opposed to a genuine love for the club. Want to see him in a midfield three as the left interior.

Don't think he has the persona for us to build around him, but he can certainly be a vital cog in the team.

krackpot likes this.
  19. ARSNLNO1

ARSNLNO1 Active Member

Özil needs to go in the summer. He is great going forward and laying on assists but I'm afraid Arsenal need to start again and re-build in the summer, and Özil is not what we need, he will potentially thrive in another team but I would much rather see the club use the money for him to strengthen more important positions.

I also thought that the first half when we had Ramsey, Xhaka & Ox playing a midfield 3 much tighter more compact worked much much better. Granted when we went down to 10 men it all fell apart but until then that trio looked great. Ramsey is clearly not match fit but none of that 3 have any blame for last night in my opinion.

4R5Emaniac likes this.
  20. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Mostly agree, especially on that trio yesterday. If Wenger is to stay I believe Mesut would do the same. I agree we wouldnt loose a lot if he leaves, but at the same time if he is to stay, we could use him in a bit different system.
    love him or hate him, want him or not, he is Wenger type of a player and he would try his hardest to have him for as long as he could

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.