• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Özil has these spells of absence almost every single season and we have had these same exact discussions. Only difference being, we called Wenger weak for letting Özil have a break, but we call Unai Strong for dropping him.
While i agree with your sentiment I will point out that Wenger made it that way by constantly protecting Özil. Unai is more reluctant to fully cover for Özil and thus the narratives we receive are different.
You are correct though that it is in fact the same situation.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

While i agree with your sentiment I will point out that Wenger made it that way by constantly protecting Özil. Unai is more reluctant to fully cover for Özil and thus the narratives we receive are different.
You are correct though that it is in fact the same situation.

Whatever the situation may be, we should be thankful we now have a manager who's more forceful about properly gauging the ability of players before the match and, quite beneficial for the players to know that, to merit a spot in the starting line up you must EARN it.

If he's truly injured, may he have a speedy recovery & fight his way back into the line up. However, if he's hoping that, by writ of having the largest salary, he's entitled to a place in the first team he best acclimatize himself to the bench.

This is a new, long overdue, era of merit, enthusiasm & ruthless application.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Whatever the situation may be, we should be thankful we now have a manager who's more forceful about properly gauging the ability of players before the match and, quite beneficial for the players to know that, to merit a spot in the starting line up you must EARN it.

If he's truly injured, may he have a speedy recovery & fight his way back into the line up. However, if he's hoping that, by writ of having the largest salary, he's entitled to a place in the first team he best acclimatize himself to the bench.

This is a new, long overdue, era of merit, enthusiasm & ruthless application.
Definitely. I'm all for the new era and I am confident it will bring success.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Will still be up there with one of my favourite ever Arsenal players regardless of if his time is coming to an end here. Would be awful to see if it's due to him and the manager falling out because I want Özil to be a crucial part of this squad for as long as possible.

Whatever you think of Özil's time here, he helped us win 3 FA cups and end that awful trophy draught. What really gets to me is the recruitment that followed Özil and Sanchez and so many questions need to be asked. I'd love to know if it was Wenger not recruiting due to financial restraints or because he had faith in his players.

I think the club failed Özil in someway with recruitment when him and Sanchez played they were un beatable, we just needed higher quality elsewhere and depth.

Never wanted a player to actually be injured, if he is we need him back quick. Imo if Özil wasn't needed we'd of seen him drop to the bench earlier in the season.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Message from Özil:

demotivation.us_Everybody-calm-down-Ive-done-this-before_132274619855.jpg

Tomb Bombadil

Should be on bench today. Might come in Second half. No need to rush him.
Emery said he was training alone on monday and he was not in the pictures yesterday. I guess that means he was training alone again and then I don't think he will be on the bench.

But I hope we have him fit again on the weekend.

I guess Emery is not a 100% happy with him. Otherwise he would defend him more.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Will still be up there with one of my favourite ever Arsenal players regardless of if his time is coming to an end here. Would be awful to see if it's due to him and the manager falling out because I want Özil to be a crucial part of this squad for as long as possible.

Whatever you think of Özil's time here, he helped us win 3 FA cups and end that awful trophy draught. What really gets to me is the recruitment that followed Özil and Sanchez and so many questions need to be asked. I'd love to know if it was Wenger not recruiting due to financial restraints or because he had faith in his players.

I think the club failed Özil in someway with recruitment when him and Sanchez played they were un beatable, we just needed higher quality elsewhere and depth.

Never wanted a player to actually be injured, if he is we need him back quick. Imo if Özil wasn't needed we'd of seen him drop to the bench earlier in the season.

Of course Özil is needed , the only player we have true world class technique. Endeavour and graft only get's you too many of them and you end up a mid level team . Up to the manager to make it work . Look at the United game no one there to make just that little bit surety of touch and exploit the spaces that were on offer .

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its ridiculous that they are starting to link his injuries to playing a lot of fortnite. It could be true but they have no idea and are just making up bullshit.

I do think however that his gametime on the game is alarming. I play quite a lot of Fortnite and it's still nothing on him :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wow this Fortnite stuff is starting to really gather pace now. :lol:

I mean I play videogames

But if I had Özils money i think I'd find other supercool stuff to do

Atleast have a mega videogame room

And be able to coop online with 10+ people
Have my own RDR2, gta5 or fc5 posse

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Surely he doesn't have his best performance every week, but we need him back as soon as possible with this other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom