• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He was always our best player on paper just need a manager who can keep him sharp and fresh we can all see the quality is there.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

When Özil started his falling out with Emery didn't he say something like he'd last longer then Emery or he'd survive longer then Emery, something along those lines?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
When Özil started his falling out with Emery didn't he say something like he'd last longer then Emery or he'd survive longer then Emery, something along those lines?
Nope.
He only said that he believes he’ll start playing again and that he is working hard in training in that Ornstein interview.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nope.
He only said that he believes he’ll start playing again and that he is working hard in training in that Ornstein interview.
Interesting, I thought he did, at least someone said something like that as far as I'm aware. Well, he's right in that line anyway, played both games under Arteta & I must give him credit, I've always liked Özil but it's great to see him back to his best. I still don't think he should have been taken off last night either.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Interesting, I thought he did, at least someone said something like that as far as I'm aware. Well, he's right in that line anyway, played both games under Arteta & I must give him credit, I've always liked Özil but it's great to see him back to his best. I still don't think he should have been taken off last night either.
Maybe you’re thinking about Ian Wright? He said that he was hoping he’d outlast Emery on tv once.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know at his age now it's hard to improve but Özil will need to find way to escape his marker since Jorginho came on early Özil influence of our attack got down happen the same in europa final too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Come on Özil, this is what we wanna see on the pitch. None of this off the field nonsense :lol: Not even a hint of frustration when subbed too. Keep it up!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don't hate mesut or have agenda against him he played well since Arteta took over and i praised him. What im saying here is about something in his game need to improve on

Chelsea had all the possession in the second half more or less. The whole team couldn't string two passes together. How do you expect him to "escape his marker" when we barely had the ball?

blaze_of_glory

Chelsea had all the possession in the second half more or less. The whole team couldn't string two passes together. How do you expect him to "escape his marker" when we barely had the ball?
Part of the reason they had the ball so much though was because Özil was no longer free to pick it up easily from the defense like he was in the first half. I agree though that it more than him losing his marker. He might be able to do better there but the team itself needed to adjust to Chelsea's change and it didn't really seem to at all.

Speaks to both the team (Arteta) needing to make better adjustments and also how important Özil is to us having any sustained possession and fluency in attack.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Some posters in this thread

sf356ohhjhb31.jpg

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I don't hate mesut or have agenda against him he played well since Arteta took over and i praised him. What im saying here is about something in his game need to improve on
It's always an agenda when you criticise a player somebody else likes, even if your criticism is constructive--as yours was--and even if the opinion/criticism is shared by the majority of Arsenal fans. Agenda accusations in this thread are like farts in the wind. Best ignore them. They are coming from a small minority who are not worth your time.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Some posters in this thread

sf356ohhjhb31.jpg
:lol: I don't see anyone going overboard tbh, because his overall performance, although better than previous dung, doesn't really warrant it.

His vastly improved effort is all he's really being praised for . But then posters like you who still aren't satisfied, decide come along and try and ruin it all regardless. Well done :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom