• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not only did Özil get quickly found out as being past it on the football pitch at Fenerbahçe, but he couldn't even fool people with his Twitter PR shenanigans like he did at Arsenal. Nobody buys his crap. Fener fans are ecstatic about seeing the back of him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He got dropped straight after China. We got banned from their tv and got reinstated a little later when it was clear we dumped Mesut. You can’t deny the connection.

Just wait another 20 years when the west is dancing to every tune of China and India.
20 years? China has already has TikTok installed on every teens phone in the western world, destroying their brain cells with each passing video.

The battle is already lost. :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Like how many seasons of his career was he either extremely good or legit world class, idk like 8 or 9? Seems decent to me, why judge only on the last 3-4 seasons
Recency bias.

If/once he retires though I’m sure his stint in Germany and Madrid along with his international career will be discussed more.

Even the impact he made initially at Arsenal I highly doubt anyone we sign for a while will have that, even though people want to mock him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Unreal? Isn’t it fairly common. He was world class then he fell off, I don’t see what the big issue is, not everyone has longevity.
He was never world class at Arsenal. He had some very good moments but he peaked early in his Arsenal career. The story of his career. Early peak, couldn't sustain it, in the end expendable at Madrid, Arsenal and now Fener - both us and them paying to get rid of him.

Even his best period at Madrid is overshadowed by their success after he left.

A talented player no doubt. World class? Not for me.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He was never world class at Arsenal. He had some very good moments but he peaked early in his Arsenal career. The story of his career. Early peak, couldn't sustain it and was in the end expendable at Madrid, Arsenal and now Fener - both us and them paying to get rid of him.

I doubt anyone we have signed recently or will sign will match what Özil did in his initial season. Yet a lot of you will be singing their praises.

I don’t even know what this is other than revisionism and a desperate attempt to discredit a one time world class player. A lot of us wanted the contract extension at the time.

None of these guys at the club would get anywhere near that Madrid side where Özil was chief creator.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He was never world class at Arsenal. He had some very good moments but he peaked early in his Arsenal career. The story of his career. Early peak, couldn't sustain it, in the end expendable at Madrid, Arsenal and now Fener - both us and them paying to get rid of him.

A talented player no doubt. World class? Not for me.

Bingobob spitting some truth bombs!

World class at RM and around 2012/13 ish for Germany. Although there he was surrounded by greatness. And as you said one has to question why he became sellable for RM

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I doubt anyone we have signed recently or will sign will match what Özil did in his initial season. Yet a lot of you will be singing their praises.

I don’t even know what this is other than revisionism and a desperate attempt to discredit a one time world class player. A lot of us wanted the contract extension at the time.

None of these guys at the club would get anywhere near that Madrid side where Özil was chief creator.
Id agree with that but with a massive caveat Özil came with a higher pedigree than anyone we've signed recently. There is an expectation that an asisst machine signing from Real Madrid for a club record fee has an impact. The closest in recent times is who? Jesus and that's simply because he is coming from City. Aubameyang? In the past Alexis would come close in terms of pedigree and id argue he had a better debut season.

I never wanted Özil so no revisionism on my part. He was a very talented player. That's it. Could he have been more? Yes. But he peaked way too soon for too short a period of time. If you're gonna do that and want to be labelled world class you have to be at a level comparable to Ronaldinho.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
A shame if played out this way, he was a class player for us. Wenger really was able to extract the best out of him.

I suppose seeing the people issues resurface in Turkey, is it hard to blame Emery for the decisions he took re Özil at Arsenal.

Anyway, wish Mesut all the best. Excellent but ultimately a troubled player.
You would wish a corrupt puppet all the best? Nah mate

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

People have the cheek to praise absolutely useless players like Tierney and Partey who have come to Arsenal and got injured or Ødegaard who runs around, but Özil has never been world class? The one time best no.10 on the planet?

Lol.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Id agree with that but with a massive caveat Özil came with a higher pedigree than anyone we've signed recently. There is an expectation that an asisst machine signing from Real Madrid for a club record fee has an impact.
No you're just chatting massive amounts of sh*t I'm afraid, don't know how else to put it.

Actually look at what gets produced at modern Arsenal and what passes for good now before you say such things.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Recency bias.

If/once he retires though I’m sure his stint in Germany and Madrid along with his international career will be discussed more.

Even the impact he made initially at Arsenal I highly doubt anyone we sign for a while will have that, even though people want to mock him.

I mean he was literally the best in the world in his position in his age group, we’re not talking about a bum here :lol:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Heavily linked with Basaksehir. Doesn't surprise me.

That frog eyed corrupt n0nce playing for AKP's club makes sense. He can broaden his network and become richer while the average Turk is getting mugged by that same govt. Özil should look at his own country instead of moaning over China.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

No you're just chatting massive amounts of sh*t I'm afraid, don't know how else to put it.

Actually look at what gets produced at modern Arsenal and what passes for good now before you say such things.
Sure i am :lol: Özil was a talented player, world class? Not for me. How youre getting triggered by a fair debatable point is beyond me.

Bringing up Tierney :lol: talk about strawman. Everyone knows or should know if Tierney came from Hull id not have the same affinity for him.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom