• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Talks of Özil replacing Rooney

default.jpg

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Get this guy out the paint. No more free rides or free loading. We got our Arsenal back.

I ****ing lover Raul.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No chance. It's too early for Özil to go into semi retirement and DC is hardly Miami or LA.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

"... he has decided it is best for him and his family"

I really wish Footballers wouldn't insult our intelligence by constantly saying they are moving because of family reasons. They know it is the easy way to get the sympathy vote. Rooney decided to move to the US when there was no need for him to do so except for financial reasons. Then on a regular basis he was saying how much he and his family loved living in America. Even recently saying actually he preferred living there compared to England because he doesn't get mobbed on the streets over there, he hardly gets recognised which was a pleasant surprise for him. Now Derby suddenly came calling, albeit it included a coaching role, which he he has been quite interested in for a while. Suddenly it is the old oh I need to go back for family reasons. Sick the way they use their families as a shield whenever they make a decision.

Last edited:

Jakarta

I love Özil, but right now we seriously need to get his wages off our books.

I would even let him go for free.

Oh and add Mkhi too.

WhatAFC

"... he has decided it is best for him and his family"

I really wish Footballers wouldn't insult our intelligence by constantly saying they are moving because of family reasons. They know it is the easy way to get the sympathy vote. Rooney decided to move to the US when there was no need for him to do so expect for financial reasons. Then on a regular basis he was saying how much he and his family loved living in America. Even recently saying actually he preferred living there compared to England because he doesn't get mobbed on the streets over there, he hardly gets recognised which was a pleasant surprise for him. Now Derby suddenly came calling, albeit it included a coaching role, which he he has been quite interested in for a while. Suddenly it is the old oh I need to go back for family reasons. Sick the way they use their families as a shield whenever they make a decision.
Yeah, Rooney moved out to the US because of that huge £55k a week contract he was getting out there...

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Erm...that is his base salary. He earns much more which is tied up in his image rights and other compensation.

Do you really think Rooney who was earning £300k a week at Everton (Everton were paying half his wages while United were still subsidising the other half). Would take such drastic pay cut to play for DC? No chance.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Not sure Özil wants to semi retire yet. I think they could come close to affording his wages though.

Yet. :lol: You haven’t been paying attention the last two years then.

Man calls in on the club when he doesn’t fancy it and when he does play he puts in performances well below the standard his wages (top 3 on the entire league ffs) warrant.

He’s been semi-retired and the club (Emery/Raul) arent willing to kiss his ass anymore thankfully.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Yet. :lol: You haven’t been paying attention the last two years then.

Man calls in on the club when he doesn’t fancy it and when he does play he puts in performances well below the standard his wages (top 3 on the entire league ffs) warrant.

He’s been semi-retired and the club (Emery/Raul) arent willing to kiss his ass anymore thankfully.

Yeah he has been coasting. I know I shouldn't but still think there is a tiny hope he can get back to the player he was. Hopefully with Pepe and Ceballos and possibly Tierney we can hope he has finally loads of runners who will stretch the play and he can pick them out.

blaze_of_glory

He's clearly looking ahead to his next step after Arsenal and has been for a while. AKA nothing to see here for this window I don’t think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom