• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A shame if played out this way, he was a class player for us. Wenger really was able to extract the best out of him.

I suppose seeing the people issues resurface in Turkey, is it hard to blame Emery for the decisions he took re Özil at Arsenal.

Anyway, wish Mesut all the best. Excellent but ultimately a troubled player.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
On a serious note, where are all his A-M supporters who dragged everyone and anyone through the mud if they dared criticise Özil in the slightest? Turns out some of us were in the right and many totally wrong in a pig headed way...
They said it was a personal thing… and went as far as to insinuate and even accuse people of all sorts of unwholesome inclinations. It was a sad old time. Emphatic and absolute is our triumph, though. 🥳

RacingPhoton

Established Member
On a serious note, where are all his A-M supporters who dragged everyone and anyone through the mud if they dared criticise Özil in the slightest? Turns out some of us were in the right and many totally wrong in a pig headed way...
They said it was a personal thing… and went as far as to insinuate and even accuse people of all sorts of unwholesome inclinations. It was a sad old time. Emphatic and absolute is our triumph, though. 🥳
I used to be a big fan of him. Even own a jersey with his name. But at some point, the guy just lost motivation. When I pointed it out, I was also attacked in the forum. What caused the motivational drop? Hard to say. At that point, someone close to him had to call him out for that. But unfortunately no one did. Instead, he started to find excuses and blaming others for his own lack of commitment.

He knew he had a hardcore fan following and he exploited them as much as possible. Either he or his PR team was really good at using social media to turn his fans against anyone who is against him. But one can only keep doing this for a short time. At some point, people will see a trend and point fingers at him instead of going after others. That's what happened at Fener. At least now, we won't have his fans crying about him being treated badly at the club for few more decades.

vantoure

2 truths can co-exist.

Evidently, Arteta is **** at managing players - several evidences exist.

Apparently, Özil presents a tough character to manage, thus making the life of a mediocre manager even more difficult.

Recalling the argument back then though - was Özil good enough as a footballer to make the pitch when arsenal were losing points to every team that could field 11 players, it is/was clear that he was good enough to contribute.

Anyways, as you were

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think this could mean retirement for Özil.

I can't see why even an American side would take him to be honest. The way it's ended at his previous two clubs It would have to be a PR type move for the club. Wages would be high for that.

As much as I really disliked him towards the end of is spell here it's a shame that such a talent has just kind of given up and is going out so meekly.

If he doesn't have the motivation in him to knuckle down, cut out the PR stuff and let his performances do the
talking at Fener, given his emotional attachment to the club, he's not doing it elsewhere.

He's done.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think his agent was saying he'd probably retire if he wasn't playing for Arsenal or Fenerbache, so yeah ting done.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Get sacked by his last 2 clubs, or possibly becoming a pro gamer...not sure which will be more embarrassing for a World Champion of football.

Really sad what's happened to him.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
His decline lines up nicely with the decline of the sport in recent years. Other than the Euros the recent seasons have been quite a bit dire, some of the magic has clearly been lost. On a serious season Artetaball doesn't challenge for top 4, on a serious season Dani Ceballos doesn't win a CL medal.

Football is in trouble if he brings that special something to e-sports, Florentino's prediction will materialize, the kids will stop watching.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Really sad what's happened to him.
Isit though?

Still a career to die for, falling off and having motivation issues at 32/33 particularly after winning the WC is not the biggest shame in the world. His talent could have gotten far more admittedly, especially had he stayed at Madrid a shade longer etc.

He will probably end up having a better Arsenal career overall than the majority of guys currently here still or just joined.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom