• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Good attacking play. I must admit, I may be doing to Özil what I accuse @Macho of doing to Xhaka, seeing him behind my agenda glasses.

Nevertheless, my doubts remain about Özil's defensive contributions to the team, his ability to play against the press and being man marked, and also whether he's still quality after such a lengthy time without football.
:lol: You’re annoying

I think it’s stupid this ting has been bumped when none of us have seen him play tbh. It’s just 100% agenda and the balls not even been kicked for the season yet.

I’m pained that it looks like his saga may continue for another season, but if we’re paying him x amount we may as well use him somehow.

+1 more vote for “The last dance” thread title.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All during Arteta's time. So f*cking good.
In the athletic article where they look through Özil replacements they showed that all his underlying numbers are the same but it's not translating to end product anymore because we don't dominate games anymore.

edit: Don't be surprised if he starts playing once/if we're finally able to control games against weaker opposition. Until then I don't think we'll see him regularly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

giphy.gif

"Mesut Özil, at the three point line...HE'S DONE IT!!!"

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

All during Arteta's time. So f*cking good.
Favorite moment? That one touch pass through the legs vs the liverpool kid. To think it is one thing, to succesfully do it...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

His no look/one touch passes are genius tbh. It’s a shame.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Presumptuous thread title! Will he be asked to dance?! Or will he be that guy watching on as his mates smooch?! Can he even dance?!

We wait and see!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cringe title. Imagine the comparison between one of the greatest athletes of all time & then Mesut ‘sore back’ Özil.
Shocking stuff, change it back please
There's that was well... Give it the title it deserves. And 'Bum' has to be included at least once, you'd have thought. I propose 'Mesut Özil: The Last Dosser... Bum'.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Without doubt our most technically gifted football, a joy to watch in full flow at his peak.

Pretty much the definition of a comfort zone player though. It's a shame he never had the elite mentality to go along with his football talent.

I've always felt that Özil was content to play within himself and not overly push himself. Dude could have done with working with a good sports psychologist I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom