• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Praying for a miracle this convinces him to leave but just can't see it at all. Özil not playing doesn't bother him at all
He really doesn't seem to care as far as anyone of us can tell. Sad state of a career, but as long as Özil will not change ,I cannot see any improvement in the situation. The blame for and solution to the problem rests solely with him. Only I don't think he sees the problem himself or even sees it as a problem.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
you are contradicting your own post. you cannot prove that he is useless because he is not playing.

Even Ian Wright doesn't think that he is useless. I'll prefer his opinion to yours.

Bro. Whatever the whys and wherefores. Wherever the fault lies. It seems he’s not part of the plans here.

Why not move somewhere else, play some footy and enjoy the twilight of your career?

I know we don’t agree a lot in this thread, but I think you’d concur that it’s not a good look to sit out the season.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bro. Whatever the whys and wherefores. Wherever the fault lies. It seems he’s not part of the plans here.

Why not move somewhere else, play some footy and enjoy the twilight of your career?

I know we don’t agree a lot in this thread, but I think you’d concur that it’s not a good look to sit out the season.
agreed.

But if I (God forbid it) would be in such a situation where my organization is screwing me, and I had the chance like this, I'd do the same thing.

He's not done himself any favors but I don't blame him

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
anyway...right now we have such a genius midfield and silky attack that we dont need him ....better he practices with the U23. If he trains with the senior team, they might get used to playing good football, rather than cloggers in midfield.

kash2

agreed.

But if I (God forbid it) would be in such a situation where my organization is screwing me, and I had the chance like this, I'd do the same thing.

He's not done himself any favors but I don't blame him
i mean if my boss told me after i had been working my ass off for 15 yrs, that I needed to leave because they couldnt afford my wages, but i had a 1 yr contract remaining, I might not have felt much loyalty to the old firm.

Then when they start to spread rumors and slander about me and try to force me into a pay cut it would make me even less loyal.

Then they come up with a genius move, where they punish me by asking me to work from home, avoid the commute and hazardous conditions of work, and assign me no work.

I would probably consider them to be assholes, who didnt have the decency to buy out my contract, and are now behaving like petty low grade shysters. I might just focus on my personal life and follow the rules they keep setting, to keep my end of the contract, and enjoy the nice injury free and tension free period.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Its the board who is keeping Özil out of the team not Arteta. and i think its a ridicilous decision to keep Özil out of the squad.

Zaza

I don't care how much he has declined but Mesut Özil is the best playmaker we have atm.
I wouldn't mind benching him if we were creating loads of chances or had someone better, but we don't.
Özil is not being left out solely for football reasons.
The club is trying to force him out.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Him and his agent already said they not interested to leave. Only solution is to cancel his contract but will cost us over 15m

Imagine telling the fans we are not signing Partey because we want to cancel Özil's contract prior to transfer deadline :lol:

kash2

Its the board who is keeping Özil out of the team not Arteta. and i think its a ridicilous decision to keep Özil out of the squad.
I think now they have backed themselves into a corner. If they bring him back into the team and he plays well, then there will be awkward questions about why they weakened the team by freezing him out.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He really doesn't seem to care as far as anyone of us can tell. Sad state of a career, but as long as Özil will not change ,I cannot see any improvement in the situation. The blame for and solution to the problem rests solely with him. Only I don't think he sees the problem himself or even sees it as a problem.

He hasn't given a **** about football since the last World cup IMO

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah we need a 4 assist a season a guy, xhaka cannot do that by himself. He may be limited but not that limited dammit!
If Arteta came out and explained why he never selects Özil in the 18 it would end the debate once and for all.

Pop Tart

Established Member
If Arteta came out and explained why he never selects Özil in the 18 it would end the debate once and for all.
I know why he does not pick Özil, not hardworking,no I in team, tracking back. I known this for years. Arteta knows it pretty much instantly but gave him benefit of doubt. For all his silky skills he don't cut what you need,unless you are a winning team already which we are not. No way he get in a klopp team

say yes

forum master baiter
It wouldn’t though. Half of Özil’s stans would claim Arteta was lying. The other half would accept what Arteta had said, but then blame him for airing the club’s laundry in public and ruining any chance of selling Mesut (a la Guendouzi).

There’s no way out for the club, and this whole boring affair won’t come to an end until Mesut’s contract expires next season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Three new pages of nothing for a guy who will probably never play for us again.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t think it’s any deeper than the fact they want him gone and he won’t go (despite having offers). He fits nowhere in this current 3-4-3 formation anyway so Arteta probably doesn’t give a **** about leaving him out. Not taking the pay cut has also probably ruined the relationship between the manager and the player as well.
We at least know there's some truth in that from Arteta's quotes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The club are just doing their best to put the ball in Özil's court but he doesn't want it.

One thing's for sure, Özil himself knows why he isn't being selected, so he's got two options: Make out he doesn't know why and piss around on social media, or find somewhere else to play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom