• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojoba

Özil (and Alexis) are not the biggest players we've lost. Let's get behind the club and hope that we sign effective replacements-if they do indeed leave.
I don't know all this over the top reactions and emotional meltdown from people on here.. I don't know why but I am so chilled about these 2 guys leaving.. We have gone backwards and dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in nearly 18years with them here..
My only problem and worry is wenger not being serious and replacing them proper.. But we lost the most influential players time and time again in the last decade (Henry, Cesc and RVP) but we hang in there. It can't possibly get any worse than it is right now (5th place) with these 2 so called world class superstars here... Surely...

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
3 FA Cups even if Arsenal are way behind Chelsea, City and United. You only can be thankful for that Özil gave everything for us to enjoy those 3 cups.

How?

United haven't finished above Arsenal in half a decade whilst we whooped City & Chelsea in the Fa Cup Semi Final & Final last season.

The two Manchester clubs are having a tremendous start to this campaign but its still early days, nothings concluded.

Zyrth

Who would you rather have at their peek? Özil or one of these 2 English players?
It depends. They fit well into their system of play.
Lampard is definitely different to Özil in terms of position and role. Ramsey (who's supposed to play that role but refuses to) is much closer to lampard and we know who we'd prefer. Gerrard in his prime operates more in Özil's position but definitely not similar in style and approach. I'd still take Özil over Gerrard because Gerrard operated in a poorer team as compared to the present Arsenal. It allows him to take center stage as the ball has to reach him, since he's technically the only one who can make things happen for them. I would definitely take vieira over Gerard if we're going back to yesteryear football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think I made a post a few years/months ago where I said Wenger will see us back to the 12/13 era when all is said and done.

Jojoba

It depends. They fit well into their system of play.
Lampard is definitely different to Özil in terms of position and role. Ramsey (who's supposed to play that role but refuses to) is much closer to lampard and we know who we'd prefer. Gerrard in his prime operates more in Özil's position but definitely not similar in style and approach. I'd still take Özil over Gerrard because Gerrard operated in a poorer team as compared to the present Arsenal. It allows him to take center stage as the ball has to reach him, since he's technically the only one who can make things happen for them. I would definitely take vieira over Gerard if we're going back to yesteryear football.
Since Özil moved here we keep hearing "Özil is being made to look terrible as a player because of the average / poor players we have at The Arsenal currently"..

But you are saying that Gerrard only looked good because he played in a team of average players that made him stand out?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We need to move on to a new era of player. The 3 FA Cup's we won since we signed him shows he was an Arsenal great but I think we need a player in behind the striker that can score goals.
An Arsenal great is a stretch. Give it a few years and he will barely be remembered. Ramsey will be the man remembered for Wengers Indian summer. 2 winning goals and a Motm performance when it mattered.

Zyrth

Since Özil moved here we keep hearing "Özil is being made to look terrible as a player because of the average / poor players we have at The Arsenal currently"..

But you are saying that Gerrard only looked good because he played in a team of average players that made him stand out?
Yes. Because it's Gerard's style of play. He does the run and gun style, which is easy to notice and simple enough for the pundits and media alike to understand, that all action style is fitting for a team comprised of lesser quality players. That being said, the run and gun, all dribbly and shooting player is a required component in all teams still, because they make things happen by themselves irregardless and they put pressure on opponents defenders.

The players we have aren't terrible. In fact they're technically sound, however they play without any idea and discipline. Forwards are too static. Midfield is dysfunctional. Defense left to fend for themselves. That's why none of our players stand out except Sanchez, and maybe Koscielny and Monreal because of their incredible last ditch saves. Because essentially we do not play as a team. When have we blitzed past opponents and score in 8s after our defender won the ball? Wengerball used to be about that during the Invincibles.

If we could get our play and game plan sorted, Özil would be a key cog to get Sanchez and Lacazette scoring, and maybe even Ramsey. If we do have Gerard over Özil, all we will see is him and Sanchez competing over their **** size.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agreed. Even if we didn't win, we went out with a bang. The football world praised our style.
you said it! unbelievable we didnt win. unfuckinbeleivable.

We played fantastic stuff 12/13 though imo . Superb attacking playing 2nd half of that season . City couldn't even get out of their half when they played us at the Emirates .
yeah, we played freely once we were out of everything. Arteta made us so much better. but 07/-8 we had Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky. And Gilberto..Bendtner. Eduardo. We should have won the league! aaaaargh!

Zyrth

Ideally we d shift him out of league in January, but even letting him go to United for free is better than commiting us building squad next 2-4 years around him with his huge contract demands. What wasnt succesfull till now wont suddenly become at least not on consistent base which is necesarry to challenge for title at one point.
We should sort our CM first before sorting our creative players.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

you said it! unbelievable we didnt win. unfuckinbeleivable.

yeah, we played freely once we were out of everything. Arteta made us so much better. but 07/-8 we had Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky. And Gilberto..Bendtner. Eduardo. We should have won the league! aaaaargh!

Well actually we were 10 points behind Sp**s , then we dropped Ramsey and put Rosicky in the midfield 3 with Song and Arteta behind him . Still the most Dynamic midfield we had .

Bendtner yeah how did we not win :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom