• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He was one of their better players today but still not good.

Watching even as a neutral you want him to take more control of the game. Its his last World Cup & you had just been dropped ffs.

Gets to the point when you have to accept the likes of Gomez & Hummels cant finish a header for **** & put it on you to start a move central.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Seven chances created while German 75% possession and getting on 30 attempts at goal? Thats a stat you would expect from the attacking midfielder... Not sure its a sign of anything special.

Why was Özil so deep & resort to playing out wide late on? Just look at his heat map or areas chances created.

Its really bad tactics from Germany throughout the three games. Just blunt in final third & struggling to create good chances against not top tier teams.

blaze_of_glory

Seven chances created while German 75% possession and getting on 30 attempts at goal? Thats a stat you would expect from the attacking midfielder... Not sure its a sign of anything special.

Why was Özil so deep & resort to playing out wide late on? Just look at his heat map or areas chances created.

Its really bad tactics from Germany throughout the three games. Just blunt in final third & struggling to create good chances against not top tier teams.
I mean it literally states its more than anyone else has done thus far. Germany aren't the only team to dominate the ball.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Someone please show me these 7 chances created. He seems to top these charts all the time with not much to show for it. To say there's a pattern emerging would be like stating I'm a footballing genius. There's more to it than Mesut just being good at creating 'chances', and I think the truth will probably reveal it's a flattering stat.

blaze_of_glory

Someone please show me these 7 chances created. He seems to top these charts all the time with not much to show for it. To say there's a pattern emerging would be like stating I'm a footballing genius. There's more to it than Mesut just being good at creating 'chances', and I think the truth will probably reveal it's a flattering stat.
Other than his huge number of assists and all those trophies he's won?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Other than his huge number of assists and all those trophies he's won?
What I mean is, it gets brought up all the time when he's on the losing side. Are these chances created when he's on the winning side different from those when he's on the losing side? His chances aren't always converted in victory just as they aren't in defeat, but they're always there. It's almost a common denominator with him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The stat sites just need to add a 'Clear chance created' or 'Expected to score chance' stat.

blaze_of_glory

What I mean is, it gets brought up all the time when he's on the losing side. Are these chances created when he's on the winning side different from those when he's on the losing side? His chances aren't always converted in victory just as they aren't in defeat, but they're always there. It's almost a common denominator with him.
I agree, he's very consistent.

HappyChap

I don't know how this statistics works, but the only real chance he created was one cross from the right near the end of the game. Nothing special apart from that cross, just proves my theory that these stats shouldn't count for anything.
Wouldn't blame him for anything on this tournament, he was OK.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He clashed with German fans after the game. I recon they probably told him to go and play for Turkey or something.

World-Cup-Group-F-South-Korea-vs-Germany.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't know how this statistics works, but the only real chance he created was one cross from the right near the end of the game. Nothing special apart from one cross for him, just proves my theory that these stats shouldn't count for anything.
They ****ing horseshit. Pointless crap. If nobody scores off it, it should go in the bin, because you can still be a complete liability and create chances. On it's own, it means nothing. He's had superb games for us where he's created nothing of note in the final third. Those games mean more. That's the Mesut I'd rather see, and he was that guy last season for a nice period. His perfmances, without stats, were there for all to see.

HappyChap

If nobody scores off it, it should go in the bin, because you can still be a complete liability and create chances. On it's own, it means nothing. He's had superb games for us where he's created nothing of note in the final third.
Well, I'm OK with making stats for the chances he really did create like that cross, but I'm still waiting for an answer about other chances. But you are right, it's more important to help the team throughout the game, to be the guy who will push the team forward. Something similar was happening to Walcott before, he was scoring goals but other than that he didn't do much. This thread will stay forever like this, some people will say he created 7 chances and won many trophies, other people who watched the game have no idea about these chances and for them he didn't make impact on the game

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I don't know how this statistics works, but the only real chance he created was one cross from the right near the end of the game. Nothing special apart from that cross, just proves my theory that these stats shouldn't count for anything.
Wouldn't blame him for anything on this tournament, he was OK.
Chances created, according to Opta's website, is defined as "assists plus Key passes" where a Key Pass is "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring". So basically, any pass that leads to a shot is considered a chance created.
If Elneny passes the ball sideways to Xhaka who then shoots from 40 meters it is a chance created by Elneny. It's a bit lazy statistic, especially if to use it after one game, but Twitter like that sort of things. Iirc somebody posted that only Messi had more "chances created" than Lucas Perez in La Liga last season. There are some other more reliable and complex football stats than "chances created" to highlight somebody's playmaker skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom