• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Meeting him half way is still a 20M payout.

Which I don’t think he’ll go for, as I’m not sure he’ll make 175k a week anywhere else outside of China or the MLS.

Yeah “half way” isn’t the right term. I was probably looking “comprise” or “agreement”

I’m sure some smart suits representing both sides will get in a room and sort it all out.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I’m on the EKB side but also like Mesut so much I’m wandering near the fence, thinking what to do. I can see @Aevius over the EOB side, @Tir Na Nog and @carlito'sway . . this is making me sad. @Furious is over there too but some way away. Jesus is that @celestis.

@American_Gooner is sitting on the fence itself, and looking back on my side @say yes and @Jury are there, but I need my binoculars to see them they’re that far away :lol:

I'm on the wait and see fence but feel like there's been so many overreactions that it's making me defend Emery more. Also my views on Emery will have absolutely nothing to do with the Özil situation tbh as I've lost faith in him the past couple of years due to a dip in performances, being paid way more than he should and all these supposed injuries forcing him to miss crucial games.

Let's not forget Özil wasn't out of favour until he missed those three games vs Bournemouth, Sp**s and United.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'm on the wait and see fence but feel like there's been so many overreactions that it's making me defend Emery more. Also my views on Emery will have absolutely nothing to do with the Özil situation tbh as I've lost faith in him the past couple of years due to a dip in performances, being paid way more than he should and all these supposed injuries forcing him to miss crucial games.

Let's not forget Özil wasn't out of favour until he missed those three games vs Bournemouth, Sp**s and United.

"Lost faith in the last couple of years"... only last year:

So glad he signed, I don't think I'd be watching next season if he didn't.

Lmao.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

People were already starting to align before the Özil incident was blown up by Ornstein.

Some of those that are already Emery Out are using the ‘freezing out of Özil’ to bang another nail in his coffin.

MustOezil

People were already starting to align before the Özil incident was blown up by Ornstein.

Some of those that are already Emery Out are using the ‘freezing out of Özil’ to bang another nail in his coffin.

Frrezing out a fans favorite, our most creative player is very valid reason to be scrutinized when results don't come.

How can I have any faith in Emery's football, when he can't look convincing against brighton, Huddersfield and Bate?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah “half way” isn’t the right term. I was probably looking “comprise” or “agreement”

I’m sure some smart suits representing both sides will get in a room and sort it all out.

Don’t think I’ve seen a buyout with two years left though.

Normal strategy is to loan them out for a year, recoup some of the wages you’re giving them then get a buyout later.

Problem is we owe him so much, he’s the wrong of 30 and clearly loves living in London I’m worried he’ll just sit tight and take a shot at outlasting Emery.

With stories like this as well it’s worrying.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Frrezing out a fans favorite, our most creative player is very valid reason to be scrutinized when results don't come.

How can I have any faith in Emery's football, when he can't look convincing against brighton, Huddersfield and Bate?
As much as I have no time for Özil, this is unfortunately true.

A bit odd he can’t even get a game against BATE in the Europa cup that would be the time to play him.

Who knows what’s going on anymore.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

How can Emery have any faith in Özil, when his fitness levels are a constant worry?
Exactly Özil isnt proving himself otherwise he would play him. He needs to grow a pair and go to Raul's office and work out a solution.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
DzeYbvmX0AMEQLp.jpg:large

Dzes01aXcAE5iwn.jpg

DzewXk3WkAAHRGa.jpg:large
This has all the signs of leading to a low-morale dressing room. Whoever thought freezing out Özil was a good idea should not ever hold an administrative position in football.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Looking on a Twitter there’s a whole stack of fans supporting that line.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I just want him back in the team now. Sink or swim time sort of thing. Either he comes back and makes Emery/Raul/whoever look stupid or proves them right. Having said that Emery will still get the blame if he comes back and performances stay the same. That’s the way it works with Özil.

MustOezil

Judging by the hundreds of tweets of support for this. Özil is doing a lot better job of PR than the club. They need to come out and explain themselves to stop the rumours, unless of course they’re ashamed of their stance.

They can't, simply because everyone working in this industry and who is not paid by a media or television company knows that the decision is financially motivated and has no footballing ground behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom