• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yeah I don't think its Emery who doesn't want him in the team. I think it was @American_Gooner who pointed out he started getting dropped pretty much right after Raul got promoted.

Özil's going after the front office. Coup d'état

If theres any truth to that then I just hope Raul isn't bringing his Barca v Madrid mentality into this club and banishing mezzy because of who he played for.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What is the realistic payoff it will take for him to exit? Remember Adebayor taking City & then Sp**s to the cleaners on his way out but on a fraction of the wage + contract length.

350k a week until 2021 is an insane sum of money to be guaranteed.

His age is a factor, wouldn’t get a contract with anywhere near the money in Europe now. We still owe him about 43M.

Sorting a buyout would eat a huge chunk of our budget.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
His age is a factor, wouldn’t get a contract with anywhere near the money in Europe now. We still owe him about 43M.

Sorting a buyout would eat a huge chunk of our budget.

I’m sure both parties can meet each other half way and agree an amicable buy out cause.

It seems to me these posts/leaks on social media from both camps are the first shots in a negotiation.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think Utd paid Rooney (who was also on £300k+) £10m to leave but ended up saving double that. We will probably have to do something similar if we do the same with Özil.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So now fuelled by social media we have a divided fan base again.

EKBs, Emery knows best
v
EOBs, Emery out brigade, sometimes known as WOMs, We support Mesut.

Everybody on here is shuffling to get in their camps either side of the fence and looking around to see some strange bed fellows.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m sure both parties can meet each other half way and agree an amicable buy out cause.

It seems to me these posts/leaks on social media from both camps are the first shots in a negotiation.

Meeting him half way is still a 20M payout.

Which I don’t think he’ll go for, as I’m not sure he’ll make 175k a week anywhere else outside of China or the MLS.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EKBs, Emery knows best
v
EOBs, Emery out brigade, otherwise know as WOMs, We support Mesut.

Everybody on here is shuffling to get in their camps either side of the fence and looking around to see some strange bed fellows.

Sacking Wenger hasn't exactly had the desired effect so.... in terms of uniting the fanbase, well certainly if it did it hasn't lasted long.

field442

Trusted ⭐

EKBs, Emery knows best
v

Social media is the problem for me. You become exposed to “fans” around the world who support players more than clubs and have a team in every league in Europe.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Utd paid Rooney (who was also on £300k+) £10m to leave but ended up saving double that. We will probably have to do something similar if we do the same with Özil.

No they waived the transfer fee from Everton but even then Rooney only agreed to drop his wages to 150k and spread the one year left on his contract over two years.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

EKBs, Emery knows best
v

I’m on the EKB side but also like Mesut so much I’m wandering near the fence, thinking what to do. I can see @Aevius over the EOB side, @Tir Na Nog and @carlito'sway . . this is making me sad. @Furious is over there too but some way away. Jesus is that @celestis.

@American_Gooner is sitting on the fence itself, and looking back on my side @say yes and @Jury are there, but I need my binoculars to see them they’re that far away :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

EKBs, Emery knows best
v

Emery has definitely made mistakes, but it's an incredibly tough job he has on on his hands, so I'll be in the 'judge him in May 2020' camp.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I’m on the EKB side but also like Mesut so much I’m wandering near the fence, thinking what to do. I can see @Aevius over the other side, @Tir Na Nog and @carlito'sway . . this is making me sad. @Furious is over there too but some way away. Jesus is that @celestis.

@American_Gooner is sitting on the fence itself, and looking back on my side @say yes and @Jury are there, but I need my binoculars to see them they’re that far away :lol:

Go where your heart takes you my son ;) All roads lead to Arsenal .

field442

Trusted ⭐
No they waived the transfer fee from Everton but even then Rooney only agreed to drop his wages to 150k and spread the one year left on his contract over two years.

They waived the fee but there was also talk at the time of him receiving a “golden handshake” to leave, whether that was a loyalty bonus or part of his remaining salary I don’t know. Might have all been bollocks.

MustOezil

I just want this circus to end. It's like Brexit, we all know it's better if both parties would stay together but no one knows what will happen, while we are wasting money and time

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sacking Wenger hasn't exactly had the desired effect so.... in terms of uniting the fanbase, well certainly if it did it hasn't lasted long.
Arsenal seems to have a dual personality fan base. Schizophrenics of the football world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom