• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's got immense quality, but only in a limited part of his overall game. Overall, he just doesn't offer enough, especially on his wages. Think it's time we move on from him, unless we were to bring in a manager now who would suit him particularly well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Özil has had a dissapointing career here lets not lie. He is 100% suited to better sides, he cant be the main man going forward.

We need more from our players given our situation.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Truth is no one wanted him last year, only teams that we're willing to pay his wages were us and clubs in China.

To put this in to perspective clubs didn't want to sign Özil on a free for £350k, but Juventus were willing to pay £400k for Ramesy.

Football is about winning and nothing in ozils game,persona, character elude to that. That's why no top team wanted to sign him.

If you want nice fancy touches during the game, ozils your man! However with that being the case I'd rather we signed Lee Trundle.

LGooner98

He is a good player but not suitable to play for us. We need a leader . His wage is a big burden for us. Really wish he will not be here next season

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Realistically he should go but he probably won't.

When Wenger was playing Wenger ball he was the right player for us. Since then he's not been

Hinderz

For all intents and purposes, we witnessed Emery publically fire Özil on the pitch in front of a global audience. Like for like replacing the star player with a barely tested teenager when chasing the game in a European final... Yeah its over between them.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I blame Emery... for deserting his true beliefs and giving in to the dream that this greedy, gutless ****house could turn up on a stage like this.

When we lost Ramsey, that should have put pay to Ozils place in that final. We needed willing legs to run from midfield, support and be an obstacle. We simply couldn’t afford him yesterday. It’s never made more sense to drop him for a game than it did yesterday, and Emery played him.

Not Özil’s fault we got beat, because they are a better team man for man at the end of the day. But you need what you have to show up, and this serial dosser conned us again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If I was manager, I would pack his bags and wife and put them on a first plane for China.
Willock and ESR would do it for me next year, both of them offer more than him already, would even give a chance to Iwobi there.
Perfect solution would be bringing technical wide player who can play cental and wide, mixing with Willock and ESR.

LGooner98

Even if we are willing to sell him cheap, Özil can still refuse to leave. We’ll be stucked with him for another two years

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Even if we are willing to sell him cheap, Özil can still refuse to leave. We’ll be stucked with him for another two years

This is the trouble with him. He basically has absolutely no motivation anymore. He has retired from international football and won everything in that form of the game anyway so there’s no motivation to make those squads. In terms of his club career he’s no longer an option for a team that’s capable of winning things and he knows this, so the next few years are just him going through the motions until he’s at the age to hang his boots up. He won’t go to China, so our only hope is him liking the idea of going back to Turkey or possibly playing in an MLS team in a decent location. Whatever happens we’ll have to pay him off, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People expecting Özil to take a game by the scruff of the neck are on another planet. He isn’t that kind of player. He serves others, his work is intricate and can be a thing of beauty.

There was one piece of nice play where Özil was involved which fed Auba on to the right. Özil made a great run inside him to receive the ball in front of goal but Auba thrashed it wide instead of making the pass. Özil makes dozens of runs like that but never gets the ball back, particularly from Kola.

Contrast that with the Hazard goal. Nice build up, Hazard involved Giroud gets the ball on the left and I was expecting a shot, but no, he makes an exquisite pass to Hazard inside him who slots it home.

Özil is wasted playing with Kola, Iwobi, Torreira, AMN etc. These players are OK, but a level below when he was making his intricate moves with Cazorla, Ramsey and Sanchez.

The quality of our squad is not what it was, Özil might as well leave and go to a club with better players that he can be a of some value to. He’s completely wasted here now and costing us too much.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
People expecting Özil to take a game by the scruff of the neck are on another planet. He isn’t that kind of player. He serves others, his work is intricate and can be a thing of beauty.

There was one piece of nice play where Özil was involved which fed Auba on to the right. Özil made a great run inside him to receive the ball in front of goal but Auba thrashed it wide instead of making the pass. Özil makes dozens of runs like that but never gets the ball back, particularly from Kola.

Contrast that with the Hazard goal. Nice build up, Hazard involved Giroud gets the ball on the left and I was expecting a shot, but no, he makes an exquisite pass to Hazard inside him who slots it home.

Özil is wasted playing with Kola, Iwobi, Torreira, AMN etc. These players are OK, but a level below when he was making his intricate moves with Cazorla, Ramsey and Sanchez.

The quality of our squad is not what it was, Özil might as well leave and go to a club with better players that he can be a of some value to. He’s completely wasted here now and costing us too much.

On the flip side he’s got two very good, pacey strikers in front of him (something people said would elevate his game) and he has been playing in a system with a midfield that gives him complete freedom. People will always find something to make it not his fault. Now it’s the style of play or quality of players. He has 4 assists in the league in the last 18 months and only 3 big chances created this season. That’s nothing to do with style of play. Ramsey has about three times that amount in the same period of time playing in a similar part of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom