• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Ballack

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
I doubt Barca , Juve . Chelsea or Real will want him that badly.

That leaves Man U and MIlan. Dont think MIlan will want him either... Kaka is their number one Attacking Midfielder and they also have Pirlo Gattuso and Ambrosini.

So if he does move it will most likely be to Man U because Ballack will not move and sit on the bench.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is set to battle with Sir Alex Ferguson for the signature of Germany midfielder Michael Ballack. (Sunday Express)

Gunner8

Why would he come to us when even Diarra prefers to stay at Lyon...
He will go play with Shreck Van Horse and the others...

A

Anonymous

"It's 50/50" - Arsène Wenger.

No. It's BS.

Just like this rumour..

KingReyes

Established Member
Just a rumour i guess

But a move like this should have happened this summer not next season. Why we didn't go for a midfielder who can dictate play from midfield (like Vieira was) is beyond me.

A

Anonymous

He won't move for ballack for the same reason he didnt move for Dacourt.

He did say, the message it would send would be bad, after selling vieira..
age.. and price means ballack is staying at Bayern.

AFCG7

Established Member
Why would Ballack join us now?
This is nonsense..if anything the chance to sign him would have been in the summer..with the added idea that he would take over from Vieira..i'm sure he would have found that a good challenge.

Lazyboy

he is not a new vieira so i don't believe it would send out a wrong signal. He is a driving force on the midfield which vieira was too, but they are not alike. He would bring a new dynamic to the team (he can also head!!!) and would be an awesome, awesome sign. I will keep my fingers crossed, but after our unbelievable bad luck this summer, i doubt its going to happen!

qs

Established Member
Id happily take Ballack.

Could be argued he wouldnt have liked to have taken over from Vieira because you'd be compared to an Arsenal legend everytime you played, where as a few months without Vieira and he could be hailed as a star coming in to sort things out.

Still only a rumour, I'll bel;ieve it when he's got a red current shirt on him.

nidza7

Established Member
It`s so remote possibility Ballack joinin` us IMO.I just can`t see it happen.Wish I`m wrong.He`s awesome.

el jefe

What ever happened to that short list of teams he was considering? His agent clearly listed six teams that he would consider joining, and sadly, we were not on the list. I don't have the link, but his agent said he would only consider Chelsea, ManUre, Milan, Juve, Barca, and Real. That pretty much killed any hope I had of us signing him.

welshpaul

Isn't he 29 and would cost a mint in wages? Doesn't this go against AW's philosophy????

Bottom line is we should have got Van Bommell in, huge presence on the pitch.

Let's be fair there isn't much CM talent around - ask Fergie bout Keanes replacement - same boat.

Cesc will be the future but he's not there at the mo. I honestly feel we should concentrate on making sure we get champions league football at the Grove next year and build on from there.

Ratinho

Established Member
When van Bommel was available to us, we had plenty in the centre of midfield, including Vieira. MvB was never going to consider a move here when he was on a free, because a bigger club (i.e. Barca) were always going to come in for him. Infact, he's on their bench now.

And Ballack wouldn't consider a move here.

Henry_Pires

We were link to Van Bommel every season, but why non of this come true?
Now the worthy winner is Barca.
Imagine VB playing alongside with Gilberto and Hleh and Freddie.
What a waste!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom