• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Owen

M+D

Established Member
Canuck said:
Glovegun said:
Id rather bring in Owen and move Bendtner on but I think thats going to be an unpopular opinion.
:lol: I think that's quite the understatement.

Owen comes to Arsenal, I've got his chant ready.

"Go on boy...chase the ball, chase the ball boy...gooood boy."
Then everyone gets to pat him on the head.

:lol:
Might be a little hard to perform with 60,000 fans though.....

Glovegun

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
Canuck said:
Glovegun said:
Id rather bring in Owen and move Bendtner on but I think thats going to be an unpopular opinion.

:lol:
Might be a little hard to perform with 60,000 fans though.....

Fees of £6m for Bendtner have been thrown around this season, and if the £9m fee for Owen is accurate then it isnt such bad business. Its probably likely that even an injury-hit Owen would get more goals then Bendtner, whose goal record for Birmingham wasnt exactly outstanding, although his talent does seem fantastic. Think about it subjectively - imagine Bendtner isnt our player. Would you rather go for an 18 year old Danish international, with a decent record in the Championship, great talent and physical but lazy on a bosman or a 27 year old England international, a great goal record, pace but very injury-prone for £9m?

Canuck

Established Member
As I hinted in the Bent thread, I would rather take him (even if it's on loan) than Owen...I think Owen is a bit of a one dimensional player, it's the one dimension that our team needs at the mo, but still he doesn't bring enough to the table for me.
But you've a good point...if Bendter wasn't already an Arsenal player, people would be upset at being linked with him, but since he's on the books already then he'll obviously fill the gap up front.
Bendtner I think is just getting people stiff because of his physical presence up front which is something that we don't really have (maybe Ade...I suppose though he throws his weight around more in the neutral area than in front of the goal...)

Glovegun

Established Member
Canuck said:
As I hinted in the Bent thread, I would rather take him (even if it's on loan) than Owen...I think Owen is a bit of a one dimensional player, it's the one dimension that our team needs at the mo, but still he doesn't bring enough to the table for me.
But you've a good point...if Bendter wasn't already an Arsenal player, people would be upset at being linked with him, but since he's on the books already then he'll obviously fill the gap up front.
Bendtner I think is just getting people stiff because of his physical presence up front which is something that we don't really have (maybe Ade...I suppose though he throws his weight around more in the neutral area than in front of the goal...)

I would probably take Bent over Owen too, the only problem being that a host of clubs are going to be after Bent, so his price could really escalate - maybe £15m upwards. If the top 4 arent interested then Owen will stay at Newcastle as anywhere else would surely be too small for him. But in general terms I think it can be summed up by saying that Bendtner being at Arsenal next season won't win us the title. He may show flashes of skill and improve generally along the way, but he's not going to make that much of an impact. Bent could. And re: the physical presence, Bent isnt such a small fella himself.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
A midget who is always injured. Owen so unreliable. Even at£9m, he's just not worth the risk. His injury record is absolutely shocking.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Right now (and I am still not thinking clerarly after the Henry saga) I would prefer a sexy young buck like Agüero. Owen seems to be so ... five years ago.

3Z

Canuck said:
Glovegun said:

I was drinking tea when i read that and i laughted so hard i snorted the tea out my nose! thanks for that. cheered me up a little!!

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom