• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Owen

RC8

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
Gurgen said:
gstew, the big logical fallacy in your post is rating those attributes on the same level. Some are far more important than others.

And his shooting is very poor. Has he scored from outside the box for Arsenal?
How many goals from outside the box did we have this year in total ?

Off the top of my head:

Rosicky vs. Hamburg
v. Persie vs. Charlton
Henry vs. Reading (I'm not too sure about this)
Baptista vs. Liverpool
Fabregas vs. Bolton
v. Persie vs. Everton (FK)
Henry vs. Newcastle (FK)
Baptista vs. Liverpool (FK)
v. Persie vs. Fulham (FK)

also... Fabregas hit the post 3 times from outside the box, Rosicky hit the post 2 times from outside the box, and Adebayor is also responsible of hitting the post 2 times from outside the box.

I might have missed a few though, I'm not sure.

Viper

Established Member
I also remember Rosicky's 2 goals against Liverpool. Both outside the box.

So I guess that makes:

Baptista v Liverpool
Baptista v Liverpool
Rosicky v Liverpool
Rosicky v Liverpool
Rosicky v Hamburg
Van Persie v Charlton
Van Persie v Everton
Van Persie v Fulham
Henry v Blackburn
Henry v Newcastle
Fabregas v Man City

YourFriendPaul

Owen + Arsenal's injury history? My god- his legs will snap clean off.

It's probably just the usual summer speculation / smoke screen, but... I'd hate to think this is Wenger's version ManU signing Larrson for one year- what with all the past praise for him, quotes about experience, super class players and such.

Hope we can do better than this, but hey- why not have 8 strikers, so that we're covered when the other 7 get their season ending injuries? :?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
RC8 said:
DC Gunner said:
Gurgen said:
gstew, the big logical fallacy in your post is rating those attributes on the same level. Some are far more important than others.

Off the top of my head:

Rosicky vs. Hamburg
v. Persie vs. Charlton
Baptista vs. Liverpool
Fabregas vs. Bolton
Henry vs. Newcastle (FK)

also... Fabregas hit the post 3 times from outside the box, Rosicky hit the post 2 times from outside the box, and Adebayor is also responsible of hitting the post 2 times from outside the box.

wrong. cesc hit the post 7 times this season from outside, ade hit thrice.

there are plenty more outside the box goals and fabregas is against mancity, not bolton

Glovegun

Established Member
This is actually turning into a bit more of a widespread rumour now...saw it reported in the Independent this morning.

stuart

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
RC8 said:
DC Gunner said:
Gurgen said:

Off the top of my head:

Rosicky vs. Hamburg
v. Persie vs. Charlton
Baptista vs. Liverpool
Fabregas vs. Bolton
Henry vs. Newcastle (FK)

there are plenty more outside the box goals and fabregas is against mancity, not bolton

It's sad that it has come to this :(

YourFriendPaul

USArsenal said:
why are we talking about who has hit the post more in our current squad in a "Owne to Arsenal" thread???????

Yes- let's just say it was at least 7 or 800 shots off the post / near the bar / in the stands, and call it good. Seriously, you could make a 6 disc DVD set of last seasons missed chances (and that would just be the 'best of')- no need to split hairs over it...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When you hit the post hard and frequent enough to loosen the woodwork, the goals will come. Just like what the team did in WHL.

RC8

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
RC8 said:
DC Gunner said:
Gurgen said:

Off the top of my head:

Rosicky vs. Hamburg
v. Persie vs. Charlton
Baptista vs. Liverpool
Fabregas vs. Bolton
Henry vs. Newcastle (FK)

Sorry, that's right, it was against ManCity. Are you sure it's been 7 times? If that's true that's just tremendous.

Now, the Owen rumour has become very widespread, but unless Henry is leaving, I can't see him coming.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
i agree with you Glovegun, i mean this season is a big one for us...with owen well have a better chance of challenging for all 4 trophies than niklas....but i hope he proves us wrong, love his arrogance and hes already the main striker for denmark

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
RC8 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
RC8 said:
DC Gunner said:
Gurgen said:

Off the top of my head:

Rosicky vs. Hamburg
v. Persie vs. Charlton
Baptista vs. Liverpool
Fabregas vs. Bolton
Henry vs. Newcastle (FK)

Sorry, that's right, it was against ManCity. Are you sure it's been 7 times? If that's true that's just tremendous.

Now, the Owen rumour has become very widespread, but unless Henry is leaving, I can't see him coming.
yes. that was 3 deflected against the bar by a defender sliding and his shot just about dipped onto the bar. cesc could have scored quite a few stunner. beggining to shoot like lampard.

btw back to the topic, but theres nothing much about owen and no point talking about him

M+D

Established Member
Owen has talks with Allardyce

It is understood the pair held talks at the England B team hotel on Wednesday evening as Owen prepared for tonight's friendly against Albania at Turf Moor.

Allardyce interrupted his holiday to talk to Owen, whose future on Tyneside has been the topic of intense speculation in recent weeks, and midfielder Kieron Dyer.

Owen will play his first game for his country tonight since rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in the World Cup finals clash with Sweden in Cologne in June last year.

However, talk of a get-out clause in his contract has sparked rumours he could be available for as little as £9m this summer and, with Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool said to be among those monitoring his situation, an air of uncertainty surrounds him.

stuart

Established Member
In the papers today Liverpool seem to be backing Benitez to go for him, on that point, has anyone else heard these rumours from the 'very reliable Liverpool source' that Henry is about to join???

The 'pool forum (some of them) are 100% convinced he will be going and be their answers to my questioning they seem honest about it, quite frankly i cant beleive they would think it could happen but they are so convinced

Paddy from Sweden

The Pool supporters seem to think that because Henry has spoken well of Liverpool in the past that he will go there.

I don't think Henry would want to play for another club in England. But that's just my view.

Legend#1

Established Member
Gotta love the deluded Scouse idiots.

Henry is going nowhere.

Especially to Pool, he speaks highly of them, so what...

Henry will NOT player for another club in England, and barring a disaster, will not leave during his current contract.

Also, Owen is a has been, he's peaked already and is a waste of time, Wenger is not interested and never will be.

Canuck

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Id rather bring in Owen and move Bendtner on but I think thats going to be an unpopular opinion.
:lol: I think that's quite the understatement.

Owen comes to Arsenal, I've got his chant ready.

"Go on boy...chase the ball, chase the ball boy...gooood boy."
Then everyone gets to pat him on the head.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom