• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don’t even know most of them tbh, after a while I just zoned out of all the bullshit, just waiting for the nightmare to be over. Learned that a lot on here don’t know much about football though.

Still angry at the club leadership though, it should have never come so far that you now have players giving semi-emotional interviews after a win. But I feel like we’re at the start of something special now, never felt that with Emery.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Now wtf is this, here i am trying to start my year peacefully by finally putting one poster (no names given ofc) on ignore and now i'm getting attacked

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Now wtf is this, here i am trying to start my year peacefully by finally putting one poster (no names given ofc) on ignore and now i'm getting attacked
I have nothing against you mate but you’re pretty ridiculous with Ancelotti as your avi, just get rid of it at least before he’s kicked out of Everton 2 months into next season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I have nothing against you mate but you’re pretty ridiculous with Ancelotti as your avi, just get rid of it at least before he’s kicked out of Everton 2 months into next season.

Yeah i wanted to change but i'm chronically lazy. Nothing against you either, like and respect almost all of you

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There’s so much conflict on this forum that I sometimes forget we’re all Arsenal fans who would probably have a nice 5 min chat about the club in your typical workplace kitchen type setting.

That’s mad because sometimes I feel like I want to strangle some of you. :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

There’s so much conflict on this forum that I sometimes forget we’re all Arsenal fans who would probably have a nice 5 min chat about the club in your typical workplace kitchen type setting.

That’s mad because sometimes I feel like I want to strangle some of you. :lol:
Met a few Gooners at a conference in Denver last May who are season ticket holders and one was named Darren, must be DarrenArsenal now that you mention it. F*ck sake, could've been chatting with a top ITK for all this time and had no idea.

Chaoz_Enigma

ENQ8q5NXsAI8RtI.jpg:large

Interesting from the Athletic on the warm-up under Arteta.
Any chance for the full post? Thank you!

carlito'sway

Established Member
People wanted Mourinho that was even worse for me, Poch was a good manager at the wrong club, Mourinho is the actual devil.

I would take Poch every day of the week over Mou. Poch is a decent human being, the other dude is a scumbag. I still can't believe some Arsenal fans were asking for JM to become the manager. Thankfully Arteta is running the show now and we dodged that bullet!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I feared for tactical side of Arteta and thought he would need to gain a little experience there but so far it has been very positive from him. I wanted Arteta before Emery because I knew he would not be......
I do think Arteta is a good manager after watching our recent games, although I think his in game tactical change is not on the same level as Guardiola’s yet.

I think he is a good manager and this is a conclusion made from:
1 Ignoring factors that are irrelevant to his true ability (press conference, social media, his look...)
2 Analyse relevant factors eg. the matches we played (his tactical plan, in game tactical change, players attitude). And of course there are other factors that we can’t see much eg. training methods, video/stats analysis, transfers suggestions ...

My opinion is just formed from a sample size of 3 matches, so I wouldn’t say I’m so sure that I will be right.

Where is the logic in your statement?
You feared the tactical side of Arteta but you think he will be a great manager?
It’s like saying you are not sure of someone’s teaching ability but you are so sure that he will be a good teacher.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I would take Poch every day of the week over Mou. Poch is a decent human being, the other dude is a scumbag. I still can't believe some Arsenal fans were asking for JM to become the manager. Thankfully Arteta is running the show now and we dodged that bullet!
Would double like this if I could. Having Mourinho come here would have been such an affront to everything Wenger and the club have stood for for so long. Love also how his mask has slipped after just a couple of weeks. Already negative, grumpy and throwing players under the bus. Like you say, an absolute scumbag! As pure as they make them!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One of things that stood out to me when I heard Arteta speak to the press when he was appointed, was that he wanted to talk to each player. To speak to them individually and ask them what they felt they needed to be successful and how he could help them achieve that. To want to listen to them, understand what makes each player tick and so win them over.

At the same time he made it clear there would be certain non-negotiable demands from his side, like 100% effort in every game, a constant demand to improve and become better.

Think the transformation in how we operate as a team has been remarkable. For the first time in quite a while I actually look forward to see how we play. Not with fear but with anticipation.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Also, let's not get too much ahead of ourselves. It's been 3 games. Let's see where we are at the end of the season when the first honeymoon and new manager bounce is over.

Completely agree. No promise that we will continue on the rise. We have hints of being on the right track for the first time in a long time.

Not only that, but we have to expect that the team will have dips in performance even if we are on the right track and on the rise as a whole. No need to knee jerk in that case either.

We did handle a very tough test in a congested fixture schedule culminating with Chelsea followed by Manchester United (who aren’t exactly their former selves). Which makes that first half performance that much more impressive and partially explains the fitness drop in the second half.

Enjoy the optimism, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I don’t really feel like most people are getting too far ahead, just excited for the first time in a while.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom