• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
It's weird with him, there's times when it looks like the only thing he does well is score but then there's other times when he's almost unplayable when he's really on it. I watched his highlights from our win in Valencia under Emery and he was out of this world, played more wide than central but honestly looked Ronaldo level. Similar to our FA Cup run last year where he beat Chelsea and City almost on his own from an attacking point of view.

Other times it's almost like he's just strolling around sulking. I think if things aren't going his way and the team is playing really bad then he's next to useless in general play. But if the team is playing well then he seems to really thrive and go up a few levels. In essence what Tuchel is saying is right. Put him in City or Chelsea and he'd be putting up crazy numbers.
Ronaldo level?! Bloody hell mate I’ll have what you’re drinking.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gotta to be honest, Arteta doesn't seem charismatic enough to foster "cult like devotion" from players...he's not Arsène or Mourinho, he always seemed a bit boring, kinda like Rafa.

Is saying Mikel doesn't have what it takes to lead a cult, a good or a bad thing? :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Gotta to be honest, Arteta doesn't seem charismatic enough to foster "cult like devotion" from players...he's not Arsène or Mourinho, he always seemed a bit boring, kinda like Rafa.

Is saying Mikel doesn't have what it takes to lead a cult, a good or a bad thing? :lol:
maybe he is the nasty & manipulating type 🤷‍♂️

Gunners1616

"Some have described Arteta as being able to foster a “cult-like” devotion from certain sections of the squad."

Knew it.... He has some sort of Guru power.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm thinking KSE told Arteta whatever happens this season his job is safe. They've given him 2 or 3 years to rebuild the team. Personally I think they're wasting their money but at the end of the day I'm an Arsenal fan so would love to be proven wrong. I've accepted that he wont be going anywhere just yet.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm thinking KSE told Arteta whatever happens this season his job is safe. They've given him 2 or 3 years to rebuild the team. Personally I think they're wasting their money but at the end of the day I'm an Arsenal fan so would love to be proven wrong. I've accepted that he wont be going anywhere just yet.
It is annoying thougb that he has become a PR man not just for himself, but also the Kroenke's. Spend hasn't been so much of a problem.for me witb the Kroenke's, even though I've always felt they should have done a loan injection last summer. It is their bad hires and tolerance for mediocre performances of those hires, and questions at times as to whether they have a clue about what is going on at the club, apart from planning the ESL breakaway. At he end of the day though, Mikel might be protecting himself in the short term by sucking up to the Kroenke's, but he is only adding to fan resentment which will manifest in a big way once fans are back in the stadium.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It is annoying thougb that he has become a PR man not just for himself, but also the Kroenke's. Spend hasn't been so much of a problem.for me witb the Kroenke's, even though I've always felt they should have done a loan injection last summer. It is their bad hires and tolerance for mediocre performances of those hires, and questions at times as to whether they have a clue about what is going on at the club, apart from planning the ESL breakaway. At he end of the day though, Mikel might be protecting himself in the short term by sucking up to the Kroenke's, but he is only adding to fan resentment which will manifest in a big way once fans are back in the stadium.

Completely agree. Arteta & Edu should go but I dont think they will. I said yesterday that perhaps with KSE investing but keeping the these 2 rookies they will sell up in a year or 2 when they get no return. Every single appointment they have made has been a disaster.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What a depressing read for me.

Imagine actually giving what Wenger needed all along, to a bunch of ****ing rookies. This club will be the death of all of us.

I've finally managed to detach emotionally in the last few days. I can watch Arsenal from now on, I hope, as an entertaining Game of Thrones type drama, enjoy the thrills, tits & torture, but not shed any tears over Red Weddings until Artetaenerys is gone.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom