• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

D

Deleted member 102404

yeah, they probably don't include taxes
That link shows gross salary, though TBH I don’t know if they just compile them from reports.
Our total wage bill is about £250m for all staff. I would be surprised if the players make up less than 50% of that as this source suggests. Maybe, but just seems odd.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
JB-GRAPHIC-ARSENAL-SPEND.jpg

Supposedly £110m right now
You can’t trust these figures because sometimes they are just base salaries and other times they include bonuses and sometimes they exclude dead wages. According to Spotrac.com our total salary bill was £117K in 21/22, then another £9m dead wages on Auba and Kola, that’s £126K on salaries for the year without bonuses.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sounds like you are looking to diminish any achievement he does deliver TBH
If he brings success, he’s done a great job.
Depends what you call success. Top 4 after 3 failures, spending hundreds of millions is not success it’s to be expected at a club like Arsenal.

Challenging for the title with a cup of some sort is good. Winning the league is success.

D

Deleted member 102404

Depends what you call success. Top 4 after 3 failures, spending hundreds of millions is not success it’s to be expected at a club like Arsenal.

Challenging for the title with a cup of some sort is good. Winning the league is success.
Title win is certainly success… we should be aiming for it. But I will accept top 4, a trophy and good football.
Scraping into top4 and going nowhere in the cups is not a successful season with the squad we have.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
It’s just opinions at the end of the day, but I firmly believe as a club we are a far more attractive club now than we were when Emery was sacked.

I’m not surprised that those who hate Arteta can’t see that because he played a huge part in assisting this.

Because we play with kids now? We no longer have any world class players

I'm afraid this is just an overdose of shiny toys, previously unknown to us, nothing else. Any new guy who gets money to get a new starting XI could have achieved this

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't surprise me one iota if half of these guys getting hailed today are known as wastemen 2/3 years from now we've seen it happen to better players. Or under the next manager if he has enough charisma.

No manager ideally wants to be judged by the previous manager's old work. Arteta is the first time after Pep I've seen this desire fully indulged though.

You say this but I dunno how many clubs willingly take on Ben White or Ramsdale after their Arsenal stint, unless they make massive strides ofcourse.
Jesus is a highly technical, athletic forward that has been described as the best ‘pressing forward in the world’.

Ah I just wrote the above out to say that we’d have no issues moving him on but I realise now the wages. It’s the wages that’s the problem isn’t it? If Jesus flops here then who’s willing to take a 200kpw gamble? I guess I see your point.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

but I firmly believe as a club we are a far more attractive club now than we were when Emery was sacked. I’m not surprised that those who hate Arteta can’t see that because he played a huge part in assisting this
This is becoming annoying now because any disagreement is because some people hate Arteta. My point is simple and actually has nothing to do with Arteta.

Yes the makeup of our squad is better, yes it’s more lean and we have space in the wage bill to sign big players. All of that makes us more attractive than we were when Arteta was hired…but on the flip side any manager inheriting this squad now would have expectations to succeed. Remember that for later.

You said that we weren’t attractive to top managers when Mikel was hired and that’s simply not true because yeah the squad was a bit mad but it was talented, more importantly Arteta was offered patience and backing at the time he was hired. Now let’s revisit the two jobs:

Arsenal 2019 (based off how we’ve treated Mikel)

- about to start a rebuild
- not expected to get into the top four until the 22/23 season
- free reign to shape the squad how you see fit
- will spend approx 350M over the next three years
- some crap players on high wages but also some very talented ones (with one arguably world class player), squad good enough to make an EL final and finish one point off fourth.

Arsenal 2022 (based off Edu’s 5 year plan)

- nice young squad, room in the wage bill for another marquee signing
- expected to deliver CL football this season and winning football in general
- lacking a genuine world class player
- nice young squad that could be prone to loads of inconsistency

Now I don’t know which is the ‘better’ job but they’re close imo. Some of the luxuries that the 2019 job offered are unheard of in modern football, I think those outweigh the squad being in a ‘better’ place.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is becoming annoying now because any disagreement is because some people hate Arteta. My point is simple and actually has nothing to do with Arteta.

Yes the makeup of our squad is better, yes it’s more lean and we have space in the wage bill to sign big players. All of that makes us more attractive than we were when Arteta was hired…but on the flip side any manager inheriting this squad now would have expectations to succeed. Remember that for later.

You said that we weren’t attractive to top managers when Mikel was hired and that’s simply not true because yeah the squad was a bit mad but it was talented, more importantly he was given patience and backing. Now let’s revisit the two jobs:

Arsenal 2019 (based off how we’ve treated Mikel)

- about to start a rebuild
- not expected to get into the top four until the 22/23 season
- free reign to shape the squad how you see fit
- will spend approx 350M over the next three years
- some crap players on high wages but also some very talented ones (with one arguably world class player), squad good enough to make an EL final and finish one point off fourth.

Arsenal 2022 (based off Edu’s 5 year plan)

- nice young squad, room in the wage bill for another marquee signing
- expected to deliver CL football this season and winning football in general
- lacking a genuine world class player
- nice young squad that could be prone to loads of inconsistency

Now I don’t know which is the ‘better’ job but they’re close imo. Some of the luxuries that the 2019 job offered are unheard of in modern football, I think those outweigh the squad being in a ‘better’ place.

You know me well enough to know, 1 I don’t read long paragraphs on AM and 2, how I feel so your long posts won’t change anything.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom