• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miloš Krasić

-vapour-

Re: Milos Krasic

Klaus Daimler said:
-vapour- said:
I'm afraid I disagree with your definition of a winger. Arguably wingers have played deeper in recent times, because wide midfielders have been replaced with wingers in many teams, as the game has become more attacking. A winger in a 4-3-3 formation is forced to be attacking due to the formation, and is precisely the same thing as what you are describing as a "wide forward". So it is a winger we are need of IMO.
Sounds reasonable to me if you wanna get all semantic about what to call the position. What we don't need is a midfielder filling it, though.

Well yes, I did feel I was getting carried away with the definition of positioning. But yes, I don't want to see another midfielder playing there.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

dyeruz said:
Armor for Sleep said:
Exactly the type of player we don't need. Looks good though.
Why don't we need an actual winger who's not a converted center midfielder, I'd think he's exactly the player we need to add some width and guile when we run out of ideas against the park-the-busers

We have a player like that - Arshavin. What we really need to break down the bus parkers is a proper centre forward.

We have a ridiculous amount of good options for the spots on the wing (granted I take your point it would be nice to have a traditional old school winger like Krasic). We need to strengthen elsewhere so signing someone like Krasic shouldn't even be a consideration until we have sorted everywhere else out.

longrufus

Established Member

Agree there, Krasic is a very good player, but we should focus on addressing the balance in the front line.

Floating

Established Member

longrufus said:
Agree there, Krasic is a very good player, but we should focus on addressing the balance in the front line.

That's exactly the point - a signing like Krasic would help the balance in the front line. I'd much rather have Krasic on the wing than Nasri or Eduardo (who are just plain not WFs/wingers).

Part of the reason we have an unbalanced forward line is because we're playing midfields on the wings, and don't have a viable option for CF at the moment. The latter part of the problem is purely circumstantial, however, and will be solved by the return of Bendtner and van Persie.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

well he said he wants to go to Arsenal or United, right? United is broke, so he's ours I suppose.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Milos Krasic

There's a new competitor for the purchase of Milos Krasic. It is Arsène Wenger of Arsenal, who would fit in the negotiations for the wing Serbian CSKA Moscow like half of Europe, Juventus, Milan and Inter are included. The Frenchman seems willing to spend around 18 million euros, beating the competition for 25 year old.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.calcionews24.com/su-krasic-piomba-larsenal.html&prev=_m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.translate.google.com/transla ... ml&prev=_m</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zico

Established Member

Not sure how strong this rumor is. If we are indeed interested, he'd probably be the closest thing to a replacement for Cesc. We would likely feature him, Arshavin and Nasri or Chamakh in front of Diaby and Song, with RVP as striker.

With that line-up we would lose some of Fabregas' quarterback-style vision but, guess what, with him and Arshavin on the wings we'd look like Chelsea with Duff and Robben. We'd be fast and furious again, something we haven't really seen in half a decade.

Floating

Established Member

I love Krasic, and would love this to happen. I'm pretty sure he can play on the left, as well as in the center and on the right. Krasic and Chamakh would add such power, height and pace back into our attack, like we've been missing from the days of Overmars, Pires, Henry and Ljungberg.

dreamLord

Established Member

Doesn't he play on the wings though? That's what I remembered from the CL matches...

mo50

Established Member

He's a winger, so he wouldn't be a Cesc replacement.

I doubt we're i for him, especially for the prices being mentioned, and if Cole is signed. He'd be a great winger, with pace and trickery. I wonder how his productivity is, though

Zico

Established Member

He'd be a replacement in so much as he's an attacking midfielder. He certainly would not be playing the Cesc position if we retained it. That would be Nasri/Ramsey.

gstew

Very good player....but certainly a winger. Has a lot of flair, probably the most in Russia (and Serbia NT). Would add a lot to our team.

IMHO he and Cole are similarly talented, but I would prefer Krasic as he is more direct.

dutchMasta

Arshavin on the left, him on the right, perfect. Would totally prefer him to Cole, he's got a great amount of pace and power. He tore Villa a new one almost single handedly. I still very much doubt we'll buy him though, refuse to get my hopes up.

James

Established Member

One player i'm particularly looking forward to seeing over the World Cup.

Proof

Established Member

I thought he signed for Juventus. I heard some good things about this guy and maybe, he will have a positive effect on Arshavin.

Invincibles

I would love to see him in an Arsenal shirt, he has pace and is aggressive, he is very creative and would give our attack another dimension. I've seen him play for CSKA Moscow a few times last season, and every time I've seen him play i've though he's a top class player.

Gunner_JT

He caught my eye against Utd, the game at OT and he was one of their best. His technique is superb and seems like he can play out wide, and in the middle.

bradleywalrus

I'd have many reservations over getting him, one of these players who have gained too much respect in too little time like adam johnson who people never spotted before and then go mad about him. I've seen him and granted he was the creative force for CSKA but I don't know if he's ready to step up, his dribbling looks very leggy like diaby can be good and he seems greedy with the ball running when it would be better to pass but in arsenal the team won't be built around him so he won't have the freedom he has at CSKA. I don't think he'd add anything to us if we got cole since we already have arshavin who for me is just simply better and at such a steep price, one that would make him our most expensive buy ever I really don't think he's worth it

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom