• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miloš Krasić

Zico

Established Member
Re: Milos Krasic

Are you talking about Quaresma? Doesn't sound like a description of Krasic.

bradleywalrus

Does sound like quaresma doesn't it and remember when he was worth over 20million and everyone on arsenal mania wanted him... I guess we'll just have to wait 2 years and see if he's another quaresma. Go back 12 or 18 months Krasic would have been worth maybe 5 million for me he is worth about 10-12 million now, he's overrated right now but there is no real way to know until someone spends the big money and we see if he can make the step up like ronaldo or not like quaresma

Don Pacifico

Established Member

If we were interested in him, we would have moved for him already as his price will only go up during the World Cup.

That goes for any player we're 'interested' in that's off to the World Cup; Wenger doesn't go for inflated prices.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Zico, I don't understand why you keep saying he is the closest thing to replace Cesc. Have you ever seen him play?

He is as typical a hugline winger you will get. Very similar to Valencia

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Do you guys watch the russian Premier League a lot? Not sure I've even seen this guy play, apart from the odd CL performance and some match highlights on 101greatgoals.

Zico

Established Member

Clrnc said:
Zico, I don't understand why you keep saying he is the closest thing to replace Cesc. Have you ever seen him play?

He is as typical a hugline winger you will get. Very similar to Valencia

If you look at my first post in this thread, I say he is a winger. He will replace Cesc in as much as he will be one of the people who drive the offense. I would imagine a large part of the offensive coordination coming from Krasic and Arshavin out wide a la Ljunberg and Pires. We could then have two midfield strong-men as we did in the Vieira/Gilberto/Parlour etc days.

The players who could replace Cesc strictly are Snjeider, Xavi, Diego on a good day and maybe one or two others. Gourcuff would be nice, but he doesn't score enough or influence the game as much as he could. I don't see why Nasri given a full season cannot be as good as Gourcuff in the center, so why splash on the Bordeaux boy? It would be foolish for Wenger to scour Europe looking for a like-for-like replacement for Cesc as he won't find one we can afford.

James

Established Member

kav said:
i didnt realise there were so many russian football experts amongst us. iv never heard of the guy
You only have to have seen the Champions League this season to have heard of him.

Zico

Established Member

Or watched European qualifiers. It would be fantastic if we signed him and then he put on a show next week like Rosicky did against the USA in the last World Cup. We were all so excited about the next season after that.

Rorz

Established Member

Zico said:
Or watched European qualifiers. It would be fantastic if we signed him and then he put on a show next week like Rosicky did against the USA in the last World Cup. We were all so excited about the next season after that.

I remember that, Rosicky scored an absolute thunderbolt. He's only ever scored one goal like that with us...

As for Krasic, from what I know of him he is a good winger, and therefore would probably benefit our side. Although, the price looks too high for a Wenger signing, and if Cole's joining I doubt we'd add any more attackers after him.

CandysRoom

Established Member

Not seen much of him to be honest. Remember him being a standout performer along with Akinfeev against Utd at OT, but other than that, not seen a lot.

Unless he's signed this week, i don't expect we'll get him though...

kamikaze80

Established Member

from what i've seen, seems the type of player we need out wide, more so than joe cole, who is exactly the type of player we already have (rosicky, nasri, wilshere).

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Arsenal and Manchester United have been told to hurry up and make a move for Milos Krasic or risk losing out to Juventus.

The CSKA Moscow star has been scouted by all of the Barclay's Premier League big guns and turned down a move to Manchester City in January.
Inter Milan are also keen, but Juve have stolen a march on their rivals by making the first move along with Fenerbahce, but Krasic has little interest in relocating to Turkey.

The 25-year-old Serbia winger wants to sort out his future before the World Cup and his agent Dejan Joksimovic admits a move to Turin could be wrapped up this week.

'The English are interested in Krasic,' said Joksimovic. 'It's not only Manchester United with their eye on him, but also Arsenal.

'However, neither have yet made a concrete offer. At the moment, Milos has offers from two clubs: Fenerbahce and Juventus.

'The Turks are very interested and have offered almost twice as much (wages) as the others. But Krasic is not burning with desire to go to Turkey.

'Milos likes the option of Juventus. He has already received a contract from them. The proposal from the Bianconeri satisfied the player, now the clubs must themselves agree (a fee).'

CSKA had informally set the asking price for Krasic at £12.5m, but Joksimovic believes they could now seek to take advantage of a bidding war by pushing the price up to £16.5m.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1284634/Arsenal-Manchester-United-Milos-Krasic-says-agent.html#ixzz0qCeJsYeS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/arti ... z0qCeJsYeS</a>

Zico

Established Member

who wants to go into a bargaining match with Juventus? weren't they rumored to have 100M Euros for the summer, or was that founded on the belief that a Champions-league bound Citeh would pay daft money for Buffon?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Probably. I doubt they have 100 million euros in any other form than debt. Or wages. They missed out on Europe completely next season after having invested heavily into the squad. If anything they will be looking to cut wages or offload a few squaddies. Or possibly keep the squad and really risk it if they have another bad season.

Floating

Established Member

I think Juve just want to sign him because he looks a bit like Pavel Nedved, and it might trick the fans into thinking that they're back in 2002. ;)

Eirico

This is the type of player we should be looking for on the wing. Direct and able to beat his man. But he is playing in Russia and will be a gamble. And the price tag will most likely be too high for Wenger to take a gamble the gamble. Think a lot of clubs will be watching him closely in the WC and if he has a good WC he will surely go to a big club.

Pies

Floating said:
I think Juve just want to sign him because he looks a bit like Pavel Nedved, and it might trick the fans into thinking that they're back in 2002. ;)

He must go to Juve.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

pretty sure this could be locked at any time now.. the player himself has said he is more than likely going to Juve, just waiting on the transfer fee

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom