• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miroslav Klose

otfgoon

Established Member
asajoseph said:
If we want this type of striker, I prefer Huntelaar, though I agree with Sammer - he's improved vastly in my eyes too.

Really can't see Wenger signing him...

We'd all prefer huntelaar but the difference in price would be massive.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well of course, but if you start filling the team with players who are the second best option, pretty soon you end up with the second best team (or worse).

I like Klose, but for me, Huntelaar is the better player. If we're adopting 4-3-3 as a serious option (which I doubt), why settle for second best? If we're not adopting it, why bother?

dos1986

Established Member
Cant believe you all think Huntelaar is the better player.

Huntelaar is slow,uninventive and lacks the all round skills to be a great striker which Klose is imo.His athleticism and aerial ability is vey poor for someone of his age and build,besides his link up play I cant see what he will give ous.

If you sign some like Huntelaar you have to change the whole team around to suit his needs,while a guy like Klose who could be a Larsson/Shearer type player for ous would fit seemingly in,he has decent pace for his age,great touch,great accuracy in the air and know's where the goal is.

I wouldnt worry about his age as he is a very fit guy,and can go on for many years at a decent level.

Nutsy

Established Member
As I said in the previous thread, It won't be so bad If Klose comes here. the man's class. but he is quite 'old' [Debatable - to be fair German players can play all day ;) = Look at our own Mad Jens, Oli Kahn, but to be fair,Strikers reached their peak earlier than GKs. So, again this is debatable.] (but be thankful we're not aftering Dave Trezeguet eh?), and we might be seeing RvP leaving.

We cant be buying more and more strikers. and imo, if we buy Klose, he'll be up there with Henry, unless we really start playing 4-3-3 (won't be too bad though for Klose), It will still provoke Ade or RvP to leave if Klose comes. I like Klose aswell, but not the one we're actually need now.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Yeah Asa, Klose is just plays on a level just as high, if not higher, than Huntelaar. Hardly going for the second best option in my opinion.

I guess its a kin to your Ribery/Queresma argument.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i like huntelaar as well and his age is definitely an attractive factor. he is a lethal finisher, much like klose. if i had to pick one of the two, i'd go with huntelaar just because of the age factor and the fact that he has time to expand his game and get better. with Klose, what you see is what you get. both are very prolific scorers and i wouldnt complain about getting either one of them.

otfgoon

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Well of course, but if you start filling the team with players who are the second best option, pretty soon you end up with the second best team (or worse).

I like Klose, but for me, Huntelaar is the better player. If we're adopting 4-3-3 as a serious option (which I doubt), why settle for second best? If we're not adopting it, why bother?

Im not in favour of the 4-3-3 at all, I think it will only look good on paper and it will take months to adapt to it, hence another transitional season. If Baptista and Ali leave we have Henry, Robin, Ade, Theo and Bentdner up front, which is more than enough. It comes down to whether you have fiath in Bendtner and Theo to provide able back-up next year, I'm on the fence on that issue.

Klose however could get us the vital goals we've lacked this season, if Henry and/or Robin get injured I would have faith in him to get goals.

I just feel if we are going to spend money on a striker it might as well be someone like him, able, cheap, and experienced.

It makes more to spend 5m on Klose than it does to spend 15m+ on Klaas who may or may not even be a success.

number_0

Established Member
well if he came he wont sit in the bench for long, look at how many games Ade, Baps and ali are starting for us.
and i dont think we will ever have RVP and henry playing together for more than 5 games

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
if wenger is seriously interested in eto'o, torres or villa, why would we still consider 2nd best prospect like klose?

JML

arsenal_hleb said:
if wenger is seriously interested in eto'o, torres or villa, why would we still consider 2nd best prospect like klose?
$€£. It would senseless splashing out 40million on Eto'o or Villa when we could get Klose for a small fraction of that price.

otfgoon

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:

Maybe because he isnt 'seriously intrested in eto'o torres or villa'?

We just need goals up front incase Henry and Robin cant play or lose form, dont need to spend 30m for that.

lee1001

Established Member
Again, this is another pointless link, like Abidal we are talking about bringing in a player who isn't needed.

Henry and RVP are our first choice strikers. Adebeyor is an excellent backup player and one who makes a real impact coming from the bench. Then we have Bendtner who is considered an outstanding talent and who will be given a chance next season.

Then you have Baptista and Aliadiere, who knows whether they will be around next year.

Klose isn't a target.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
otfgoon said:
arsenal_hleb said:

We just need goals up front incase Henry and Robin cant play or lose form, dont need to spend 30m for that.
klose is 28, villa is 24, eto'o is 25. i do think value wise and age wise, the latter 2 are more worth it.

i wouldn't mind klose too, he would give us a different dimension, a superb header, but he is not of the same class as eto, villa or even huntelaar

otfgoon

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
otfgoon said:
arsenal_hleb said:

klose is 28, villa is 24, eto'o is 25. i do think value wise and age wise, the latter 2 are more worth it.

i wouldn't mind klose too, he would give us a different dimension, a superb header, but he is not of the same class as eto, villa or even huntelaar

But we dont need that class, we dont need anyone really but a backup goalscorer would not be too bad. Arsène doesnt have a spare £30m under his mattress for a player he doesnt really need.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Smoke screen from Wenger. Just when you think he doesnt want to sign anyone, BOOM! He goes in and sign someone we don't expect him to sign at all.

Personally, Klose is a fine player. But yeah, we'll be playing 4-3-3 with him. I see Klose as a player that we'll be using for European matches in particular.

Nemesis

We are not signing Klose. Arsène wont change to 4-3-3, and Klose just isnt good enough for us imo.

Henry, Robin, Ade, Bendtner, Walcott

Those are our strikers for next season.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Can't say I'm a big fan of Klose, but at least with someone like him in the side, you'd be fairly confident of actually finishing chances created inside the box.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Nemesis said:
We are not signing Klose..

You don't know that , sshhh.

Nemesis said:
Arsène wont change to 4-3-3

See above.

Nemesis said:
and Klose just isnt good enough for us imo.

Henry, Robin, Ade, Bendtner, Walcott

Those are our strikers for next season.

Klose is more than good enough for us. Henry and Robin are our only regular goal scorers , I wont even bother brining up the goal stats for ade , and walcott . Bendtner still unproven at top top level.

Please dont declare what you think you know , its so annoying when i read dribble like this. The only person that knows is Arsène.

I somehow only see Klose as a substitute striker in our team, who performs well in the odd game but not frequently used enough to be of much impact, much like what Davor Suker was for us.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom