• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miroslav Klose

svwin

Gurgen said:
With all due respect, what do we care about his tackling? He's a bleeping striker.

The one that posted before myself wrote that Klose doen`t influence the game. And when you win SOOOO many of your tacklings(Miro is everywhere not only in the half of the other team) than you really do a lot to win the ball back or to assist or you influence the game in other ways. :)

junialum

Hey you're back! :) Well I'm sorry if I made things look very negative on your view. But I keep to my stand pal.

Klose scored only in the group stages is another statistic you have to bear in mind.

I like him as a person but I think it's too late for him to adapt to English football. As a Klose fan that you are, surely you want to see him playing a brand of football (German League) that he excels at and scores a lot with at his prime. It's not worth for Arsenal or Klose to risk his prime age by moving him to a totally new environment. It would be good for either side if he moved to Arsenal at say the age of 24 or 25. But at 28, he is already at his prime and it is not good for him to relearn a new style of football - English football which is very different from German football.

Influencing a game doesn't mean you win tackles. That is for the defensive third of the team to do it. Henry is influential but he doesn't win much tackles. The only WC game I saw Klose to be influential is the Sweden match which he didn't score but he did influence the first half. He faded in the second and was promptly replaced by Klinsmann.

It's a different ball game all together at the EPL. I hope you understand. :)

svwin

junialum said:
Hey you're back! :) Well I'm sorry if I made things look very negative on your view. But I keep to my stand pal.

Klose scored only in the group stages is another statistic you have to bear in mind.

I like him as a person but I think it's too late for him to adapt to English football. As a Klose fan that you are, surely you want to see him playing a brand of football (German League) that he excels at and scores a lot with at his prime. It's not worth for Arsenal or Klose to risk his prime age by moving him to a totally new environment. It would be good for either side if he moved to Arsenal at say the age of 24 or 25. But at 28, he is already at his prime and it is not good for him to relearn a new style of football - English football which is very different from German football.

Influencing a game doesn't mean you win tackles. That is for the defensive third of the team to do it. Henry is influential but he doesn't win much tackles. The only WC game I saw Klose to be influential is the Sweden match which he didn't score but he did influence the first half. He faded in the second and was promptly replaced by Klinsmann.

It's a different ball game all together at the EPL. I hope you understand. :)

??? I am sry, but who scored the goal gainst Argentinia in the quaters? This WASN´t in the group stage. You know, that is something that shows me that you are just not interessted in the game of Klose. If you talk about a player but you know only a little about him than it is hard to discuss about his qualities with you. It`s the same with the stuff you said about Klose wouldn`t fit in the EPL. That`s just not true. He never plays like a typical striker of the Bl. A lot of German footballstar who played in the EPL said that Miro would perfectly fit in the EPL. I am not sure what to say to convince you, normaly it is in another way: People criticized Klose than they saw him playing in several games and say said that they never thought he would be able to play in that way. It is allways the same but you about never see Klose playing so it is hard for him to convince you that your opinion about him is wrong. I am a fan since years and so it is not easy to understand why so many people underrate Klose but how to say: He didn`t attract attention at the first moment, he doesn`t play attractive football in an superficially way. You need time to understand his game. And than you will love to see him playing. And you will love to see him running and fighting and playing tricks in good games.
This is something I can`t tell you with words. But you would love this man and how he plays if he would only play three games for Arsenal.

But: Klaus Allofs(manager of Bremen) said that Werder won`t sell Klose now, but perhaps after next season so I think this theme isn`t interesting for you anymore. And I am happy that Miro stays here in Germany one year more. :D

junialum

Sometimes I can't understand your defense of him. I watched all of Germany matches because I was supporting Germany. Sorry about the glitch about the Argentina match. But Klose was not influential in that game, fair enough, he popped up at an important time and scored the equalizer. But even Klinsmann knew he was ineffective in that match and took him out shortly after he scored, replacing him with Neuville. Fair enough, Henry was the exact same thing against Brazil, didn't do much and then popped up to score. Please note that I don't think Henry is influential for France either and Henry is one of my favourite players.

I have said many many (omg countless times) that he is a good player but might take time to settle.

Even Henry, much better than Klose needed time to settle.

Every player needs time and I think Miro would like to skip that phase and make full use of his prime age to net as many as he can in an environment he excels at.

Look at Patrick Vieira. Great player, superb mdifielder, prime age of 29 when he left. Struggled for one season at Juve. Many people also said he was suited for the Italian because he came to arsenal FROM the Italian league.

Svvin I don't like to make this personal like what you have been doing, but so far all you have been trying to tell me is that:

A) Klose is a great player, which I have agreed long before even you brought it up.
B) Klose would fit perfectly in a snap at Arsenal because "people" said so. Which I think is unrealistic.

Tell me if you you disagree with B, cause that's the only point we are contending about.

It's nice to see you wholeheartedly support your favourite player, but sometimes you need to step out, take a third person view, and see the larger picture.

svwin

junialum said:
Sometimes I can't understand your defense of him. I watched all of Germany matches because I was supporting Germany. Sorry about the glitch about the Argentina match. But Klose was not influential in that game, fair enough, he popped up at an important time and scored the equalizer. But even Klinsmann knew he was ineffective in that match and took him out shortly after he scored, replacing him with Neuville. Fair enough, Henry was the exact same thing against Brazil, didn't do much and then popped up to score. Please note that I don't think Henry is influential for France either and Henry is one of my favourite players.

I have said many many (omg countless times) that he is a good player but might take time to settle.

Even Henry, much better than Klose needed time to settle.

Every player needs time and I think Miro would like to skip that phase and make full use of his prime age to net as many as he can in an environment he excels at.

Look at Patrick Vieira. Great player, superb mdifielder, prime age of 29 when he left. Struggled for one season at Juve. Many people also said he was suited for the Italian because he came to arsenal FROM the Italian league.

Svvin I don't like to make this personal like what you have been doing, but so far all you have been trying to tell me is that:

A) Klose is a great player, which I have agreed long before even you brought it up.
B) Klose would fit perfectly in a snap at Arsenal because "people" said so. Which I think is unrealistic.

Tell me if you you disagree with B, cause that's the only point we are contending about.

It's nice to see you wholeheartedly support your favourite player, but sometimes you need to step out, take a third person view, and see the larger picture.

"Sometimes I can't understand your defense of him. I watched all of Germany matches because I was supporting Germany."

Really? That is very nice of you! :) But... are you kiddin me? You only take those 7games and than think you would know all about Klose? If you take the games of Ronaldinho only of the WC than he would never be the best player in the world if you know what I am talking about.

"But even Klinsmann knew he was ineffective in that match and took him out shortly after he scored, replacing him with Neuville. "

Yes, Klinsmann took Miro out cause Klose said to ´Klinsmann that he is injured and isn`t able to play the whole game.

"Even Henry, much better than Klose needed time to settle."
Much better is a bit too much that sound like Klose is someone who isn`t able to play international.

"Tell me if you you disagree with B, cause that's the only point we are contending about."
I didn`t talk about Arsenal only the EPL. And I am sure he would fit perfectly in there.

"It's nice to see you wholeheartedly support your favourite player, but sometimes you need to step out, take a third person view, and see the larger picture. "

The problem in here is that none of you know Klose! You saw maybe seven games of the national team but it is false to think only because of those games you are able to say if he would fit in the EPL or how many he would cost. That`s the difficult thing cause as long as you don`t see about 0percent of his games you aren`t able to say something I said is wrong.
Yes you are right, sometimes I am really emotional in this point ... :lol:

junialum

svwin said:
Really? That is very nice of you! :) But... are you kiddin me? You only take those 7games and than think you would know all about Klose? If you take the games of Ronaldinho only of the WC than he would never be the best player in the world if you know what I am talking about.
I watch Klose as a Werder Bremen player. Please remember that. I have mentioned that much earlier in this thread. If not, I would have never said he is influential. He is influential for club only in my opinion. And this doesn't mean he is a bad player by the way.

svwin said:
Yes, Klinsmann took Miro out cause Klose said to ´Klinsmann that he is injured and isn`t able to play the whole game.
Your report conflicts with news reported on various sports sites and newspapers. I don't know what they say in German papers frankly but from what I saw and all that he was a influential in that game. I give him credit
svwin said:
for that goal but that's all. Tell me something else he did in that game. And please, I never judge players from one game. I have said Miro is a good player so what is your point here?

svwin said:
Much better is a bit too much that sound like Klose is someone who isn`t able to play international.
You are overly bias and loading this statement. Saying Henry is better than Klose is not saying that Klose can't play international. Henry is one of the best strikers in the world, does it mean those not as good as him can't play? Please, think through before making such statements.

svwin said:
I didn`t talk about Arsenal only the EPL. And I am sure he would fit perfectly in there.
Good, finaly we're moving forward in this discussion. Tell me why you think so and please stop quoting "people".

svwin said:
The problem in here is that none of you know Klose! You saw maybe seven games of the national team but it is false to think only because of those games you are able to say if he would fit in the EPL or how many he would cost. That`s the difficult thing cause as long as you don`t see about 0percent of his games you aren`t able to say something I said is wrong.
Please, please, please, for the zillionth time let me tell you I watch Werder's matches because they are the top 2 clubs in the German league. I know Klose and I have said (omg) to the end of time that Klose is a good player and he is a very important man for Bremen.

svwin said:
Yes you are right, sometimes I am really emotional in this point ... :lol:
It's ok really. :) Most Arsenal fanatics here can't take critcism of players like Henry, Fabregas, etc. But sometimes even as an Arsenal fan, I have to take a critical point of view of these players even though I like them. I have to be fair. :wink:

Let's talk about the adaptability to the EPL part. Because that's the only area we disagree. You know I like Klose as a person and I know he plays superbly for Werder. So let's talk about why you think he is suitable for the premiership.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Klose is very intelligent and imo he carried the average Podoski. Klose is so good at creating space for the other striker this could prove deadly if he plays alongside Henry.

Henry77

To be sure, Klose's last season in the Bundesliga was fantastic:

26 matches: 25 goals and 15 assist.

But his former seasons were nothing special...

Viper

Established Member
True. We haven't been linked with Klose at all in the past few weeks, and it is very unlikely we will be linked any time soon considering Wenger had publically stated he won't sign a striker. So I suppose this thread should be locked..

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Wenger is monitoring Klose's contract talks with Werder

LINK
I must say I'm not sure how reliable is this link. I also don't think that he would agree to be on the bench. I can't see neither Klose neither any other striker (including Drogba, Villa, Shevchenko,..) play in starting 11 ahead of 100% ready Robin or Titi. That would be very unfair.

Mckenna

Re: Wenger is monitoring Klose's contract talks with Werder

Thommybhoy said:
LINK
I must say I'm not sure how reliable is this link. I also don't think that he would agree to be on the bench. I can't see neither Klose neither any other striker (including Drogba, Villa, Shevchenko,..) play in starting 11 ahead of 100% ready Robin or Titi. That would be very unfair.
It screams 4-3-3 if we moved for him. Given the lack of natural width in midfield, we stick 2 out of Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky in with Gilberto and have Henry - Klose - RvP up front. It's perfect, because Klose is a proper front man while both RvP and Henry like to float.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
would love to see him at Arsenal but le boss rarely goes for players who are at Klose's current age. wenger did promise super talent though. i really like klose. one of the best strikers in the world in my eyes.

otfgoon

Established Member
Re: Wenger is monitoring Klose's contract talks with Werder

Thommybhoy said:
LINK

So you want us to rely on 2 stikers that have missed at least 3 months in each of the last two seasons, one who has not been fully fit for this entire year?

Klose would be perfect in my opinion. He should be relatively cheap because of his age, he would make an instand impact, take a lot of pressure off Theirry and Robin, he scores goals and at the same time is too old to hinder the progress of up coming starlets such as Theo and Vela.

Sammer

Established Member
I never liked Klose - until 2005 that is.
At Werder Bremen his close control and his dribbling skills have improved vastly (or they simply weren´t visible at Kaiserslautern).

Further, his vision and passing is pretty good too.

But he is definately too old for an Arsène Wenger signing. I can´t see a basis for this speculation.

asajoseph

Established Member
If we want this type of striker, I prefer Huntelaar, though I agree with Sammer - he's improved vastly in my eyes too.

Really can't see Wenger signing him...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
klose is a perfect signing for us really, he is very interlect and speaks a few languages(wenger likes that in a player), just read his wikipedia page...
he also is a great link up man too and wouldnt mind helping the team out like larsson...hes perfect for a 4-3-3 as front man and henry and rvp on the wings
the only question is, would henry have the discipline to play on the wing like eto'o at times. the good thing about a 4-3-3 is the front men can rotate in a match

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom