• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miroslav Klose

svwin

junialum said:
Klose would have been an option if we didn't get Adebayor. We already have a man become some sort of target man. Yes, Klose is definitely above Adebayor but Wenger is not a guy who signs target men and the signing of Adebayor surprised me. Lightning would not strike twice.

Klose is a good striker but not great. In the match against Argentina, he was largely absent because he needed others to do the work for him. Instead Podolski was doing all the work, tracking back and trying to create chances. All Klose did was to injure the Argentine first choice keeper and score a header. He didn't play well on the overall really. And it was a big match, a real test of ability. He failed in my eyes.

And Argentina's goal in the 49th min was Klose fault. His loose marking left Ayala completely open and with Ballack blocking Lehmann's view, the ball hit the back of the net.

Oh... you are a really poor one! Klose scored the goal, one chance one goal: worlclass! Klose was injured since that accident with the goalkeeper of Argentinia but he fighted and he scored an amazing header with that injury some minutes later he showed Klinsmann that he wants to be changed cause it was very hurtful. Miro was a bit injuered the last days before the game, he and Ballack weren`t able to do all the training sessions. And it was a very hard game for strikers, no chance for Podolski, no chance for Crespo, no chance for Tevez, one chance for Klose: Goal! How many games of Werder you saw in the last two years? How many games of Germany? If I read what you have writen I have to thought that you only watched the last one...´
Miro wasn`t in thze best position when the goal of Argentinia was scored but he did his best to come back and he scored and this is more than about 98percent of the other strikers would have done in this situation. And by the way...Podolski did a bril penalty but the rest of the game he was damn bad. Do you really have watched the game yesterday, even about this point I am not sure anymore...

junialum

I watched all of Germany's matches and some of Werder's ones. Please note that I said that Klose was a world class finisher. That's what you said in your post too. I agree with that.

Besides that, how else did he contribute to the team?

What seperates the Klose (v. Argentina) and Henry (v. Swiss) was the amount of running and getting into position being done.

Henry swung left and right when he was alone up front. He tried to play his team mates into position as what a single striker always does (bring the midfielders higher up the pitch)

Klose was heavily marked but he should have drifted wide or back to give the midfielders options. The ball seldom went to Klose because he was just standing there with 2 CBs marking him. He didn't try to pull the defence out of shape considering he had nothing much else to do, or move to the flanks so that Ballack or Frings would be given a chance to move up to fire a few shots. Podolski outperformed Klose again. Not that he scored, but he was tatically better, he gave his team options and of course had the ball more. I'm not saying that Podolski is a great, he's not up there yet. But he's making an effort.

svwin said:
Miro wasn`t in thze best position when the goal of Argentinia was scored but he did his best to come back
Please note that Klose's job in defending corners is not just to come back to lend additional support. He's role is to mark tightly because of his aerial ability. If not, you would have a dedicated marker for Ayala.

Klose is a sharp finisher. Granted. But that's about it. Wenger always wants a player that is able to contribute to the team in more than one way. I thought Klose was really great in the Swedish match even though he didn't score. Why? Because he created chances when he was marked. But that disappeared in the match against Argentina. Henry is a player that would create if he can't score. Arsène looks for players like that. You don't want your striker to cut a lonely figure upfront when 9 other outfield men are running hurriedly around.

kym7224

regele said:
arsenal_hleb said:
klose is a few classes above adebayor.
And 7 years older too; as I said: good player, terribly overrated due to this WC, don't need him. The end

Overrated? IMO until today Klose is hugely underrated like you said only two WC etc.

He is definitely worth 10-15M now and that is the right value for him finally.

I agree Wenger doesn't buy another target man we already had Ade.
Ade cost us 7M Wenger won't sell him on only 6 months

regele

Established Member
kym7224 said:
regele said:
arsenal_hleb said:
And 7 years older too; as I said: good player, terribly overrated due to this WC, don't need him. The end

Overrated? IMO until today Klose is hugely underrated like you said only two WC etc.

Who said 10-15M? All I heard is 20-25, some people were actually saying that his club currently rates him at 35 mil euros, wich is ridiculous considering his age and the fact that he only has one year left of his contract.
P.S. Even 15 mil is kinda mucho considering Owen went to Real for less and was younger/considered better by some.

svwin

regele said:
kym7224 said:
regele said:
arsenal_hleb said:

Who said 10-15M? All I heard is 20-25, some people were actually saying that his club currently rates him at 35 mil euros, wich is ridiculous considering his age and the fact that he only has one year left of his contract.
P.S. Even 15 mil is kinda mucho considering Owen went to Real for less and was younger/considered better by some.

You don`t know Miroslav Klose but you think you are able to judge him! This is very poor! How many games of Werder do you saw in the last two years? How many of Germany? 10 to 15millions are absolutly naive and you can be damn sure that you will never ever get a worldclass player like Klose is for less than 25 to 35 million Euros... And by the way, you even don`t know his contract informations: He has contract till summer 2008 that are two years! And Owen... Klose is a lot better than Owen.
To the first post: I am not sure, but do you wrote Klose is overrated cause he is a German player? Must be like that cause there isn`t any other reason. I am a fan of him since years and he was ALLWAYS underrated, this is the big advantage and disadvantage in his life. In this WC there wasn`t any striker, hardly any player, who was as good as Klose. You might say: Oh, this is only ONE WC, but: WC players have to be 100percent fit when there are the most important games and if they not, than they aren`t WC ones. Klose was fit the last WC and he is it again this one. He will get the golden boot this time and perhaps he will be the player of the WC(or Ballack will be) and than he will be voted "Best german player of the year 2006" as he allready was by the media, the players and the fans in the last season. He has a better quote than Toni, Henry and Etoò who are the only one who have scored more last season, but who all did many more games than Klose and who all didn`t have only a little of the injuries Klose had.
And than you come around with a sentence like this... I am speakless!!!

junialum

There are points I agree with you Srvin but to rate Klose at 25 to 35 million is over the top. Its near the price of Torres and in terms of age Torres is more lucrative really. Owen is definitely poorer than many players, not just Klose this season and/or world cup. It's no doubt he has been scoring well in the last few seasons with Werder. But what are the quality of the teams or defences that he faces are lower than that of the EPL or Seria A. Teams in the EPL face Arsenal with 4 at the back and 5 in the midfield. Arsenal need strikers that fall behind and help the team not stand in front and wait for a pass. I don't think Klose would add anything to the squad.

He is 28, after 3 season he'd be past his prime. It's a striker age thing. Is 25 to 35 million euros worth for just 3 seasons. And don't forget, he'll need time to fit into the squad, get used to the pace of the English game and the style of Arsenal.

Do you think he'd be worth it after considering all these?

Raghav89

svwin i rate klose as a player.he is good-i managed to catch bundesliga highlight's now and then-but the point is he's 28 it's the age that cut's his value-if he played like this when he was 23-24 i'd be inclined to agree with an estimated value of 20 million pound's but not now

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
if he is 23-24. i think 30m also possible with his current form. now he is at most a 15m. even 15m is really over his value. he is good but theres not much 'good' in his career.

junialum

Well at least we know svwin would be one happy fan if Klose comes to Arsenal. :) But I can't see that happening.

regele

Established Member
svwin said:
You don`t know Miroslav Klose but you think you are able to judge him! This is very poor! How many games of Werder do you saw in the last two years? How many of Germany? 10 to 15millions are absolutly naive and you can be damn sure that you will never ever get a worldclass player like Klose is for less than 25 to 35 million Euros... And by the way, you even don`t know his contract informations: He has contract till summer 2008 that are two years! And Owen... Klose is a lot better than Owen.
To the first post: I am not sure, but do you wrote Klose is overrated cause he is a German player? Must be like that cause there isn`t any other reason. I am a fan of him since years and he was ALLWAYS underrated, this is the big advantage and disadvantage in his life. In this WC there wasn`t any striker, hardly any player, who was as good as Klose. You might say: Oh, this is only ONE WC, but: WC players have to be 100percent fit when there are the most important games and if they not, than they aren`t WC ones. Klose was fit the last WC and he is it again this one. He will get the golden boot this time and perhaps he will be the player of the WC(or Ballack will be) and than he will be voted "Best german player of the year 2006" as he allready was by the media, the players and the fans in the last season. He has a better quote than Toni, Henry and Etoò who are the only one who have scored more last season, but who all did many more games than Klose and who all didn`t have only a little of the injuries Klose had.
First of all it's speachless; second look at my team in jokes/games, world cup teams something, guess who's in it? and it was made after the first game, so you can hardly say I don't rate him; third he's not worth 25-30 mil euros IMO, to give you one of the reasons I think so, if Henry were to leave at Barca the fee would have probably been around that area, if you'll tell me he's as good as Henry I'm not even gonna pay attention to you anymore and fourth, yes I've seen him in UCL and some of the derbys in Bundesliga and I still think we don't need him.
Bout his contract, I'm not his agent to know his contract info, just heard it in this thread and assumed it was right.

kym7224

10-15M in pounds = 15-23M in Euros.

It is right price IMO. With two years left it is getting cheaper everyday not going up.

He is good player but not breathtaking player that's why he is underrated.

afcking7

Jens is a fond admirer of klose and lets say he has signalled a flare into wengers sight over a possible move for klose.
Wenger feels he has enough strikers to go into next season with

hollow

regele said:
svwin said:
First of all it's speachless; second look at my team in jokes/games, world cup teams something, guess who's in it? and it was made after the first game, so you can hardly say I don't rate him; third he's not worth 25-30 mil euros IMO, to give you one of the reasons I think so, if Henry were to leave at Barca the fee would have probably been around that area, if you'll tell me he's as good as Henry I'm not even gonna pay attention to you anymore and fourth, yes I've seen him in UCL and some of the derbys in Bundesliga and I still think we don't need him.
Bout his contract, I'm not his agent to know his contract info, just heard it in this thread and assumed it was right.

Actually, it's speechless. Not that I care, but you make yourself look a right tit if you open post post by pointing out someone's spelling mistake and you spell the word in question wrongly.

From the sounds of it this member is German. If this is the case then English is not his first language. There is no need to 'correct' him if you understood what he meant.

junialum

Well I really bet he is German. A firm supporter of Klose. It's ok really, we welcome all at AM. Let's see how Klose do against Italy.

regele

Established Member
hollow said:
Actually, it's speechless. Not that I care, but you make yourself look a right tit if you open post post by pointing out someone's spelling mistake and you spell the word in question wrongly.

From the sounds of it this member is German. If this is the case then English is not his first language. There is no need to 'correct' him if you understood what he meant.
:lol: you're right, ahh sorry bout that(to the first guy) got carried away a bit, just start reading from second onwards.

Nyingmeh

When you look at the ill performances and underachievements of Reyes, it is hard to say no to the arrival of an already made goal maker. Seriously, let's look at it from a different angle, KLOSE is a hardworking, intelligent goalscorer and as long as he is intelligent, Arsène Wenger can turn him into anything. He's 28, but I who cares if he's going to score 20 -25 goals every season for three years ? Abeit Henry, we aint got an established goalscorer. Henry scores in and out, the others score once every 2 - 3 games and with the form of the likes of Chelsea, the arrival of Scheva to partner Crespo, a duo whose hitting power has sounded loudly through europe, we need established and experienced players to contest the premiership.

Think again folks.

asajoseph

Established Member
He's 28, but I who cares if he's going to score 20 -25 goals every season for three years ?

Klose is a good player, but there's no way in hell he'd do that for Arsenal.

Fact.

svwin

junialum said:
I watched all of Germany's matches and some of Werder's ones. Please note that I said that Klose was a world class finisher. That's what you said in your post too. I agree with that.

Besides that, how else did he contribute to the team?

What seperates the Klose (v. Argentina) and Henry (v. Swiss) was the amount of running and getting into position being done.

Henry swung left and right when he was alone up front. He tried to play his team mates into position as what a single striker always does (bring the midfielders higher up the pitch)

Klose was heavily marked but he should have drifted wide or back to give the midfielders options. The ball seldom went to Klose because he was just standing there with 2 CBs marking him. He didn't try to pull the defence out of shape considering he had nothing much else to do, or move to the flanks so that Ballack or Frings would be given a chance to move up to fire a few shots. Podolski outperformed Klose again. Not that he scored, but he was tatically better, he gave his team options and of course had the ball more. I'm not saying that Podolski is a great, he's not up there yet. But he's making an effort.

svwin said:
Miro wasn`t in thze best position when the goal of Argentinia was scored but he did his best to come back
Please note that Klose's job in defending corners is not just to come back to lend additional support. He's role is to mark tightly because of his aerial ability. If not, you would have a dedicated marker for Ayala.

Klose is a sharp finisher. Granted. But that's about it. Wenger always wants a player that is able to contribute to the team in more than one way. I thought Klose was really great in the Swedish match even though he didn't score. Why? Because he created chances when he was marked. But that disappeared in the match against Argentina. Henry is a player that would create if he can't score. Arsène looks for players like that. You don't want your striker to cut a lonely figure upfront when 9 other outfield men are running hurriedly around.[ /quote]

First: Klose worked damn hard, he won 50percent of his tacklings. He was brilliant against Sweden. Ok, I understand that you want tHAT Henry is better than Klose but in this WC no striker is as good as Klose is. How many assists did Henry in the WC so far??? Klose did allready three and he scored two goals more. And the grup pf France wasn`t hart but Henry wasn`t amazing, he was just midfield.
What game did you see? I see the same game as all the others in Germany and here we all see that Podolski wasn`t good, his marks are worser than the one of Klose. That is not only my opinion! Klose teches Poldi a lot and maybe Miro wasn`t able to run all the time cause he was hurt, but...what do you want? Crespo allways plays like that even without a injury. The important thing is that Klose scored and Germany was able to be in the penalities because of that goal. Ballack had one chance but didn`t score, Poldi wasn`t able to get only one chance, the same with Crespo and Tevez, Klose with an injury was able to get an chance and he scored. Normaly Miro is the one who runs at the whole field and does a lot of defensive work. If you don`t know that than you can`t have seen a single game of Werder in the last season.
And: Come on!!! Everyone did a mistake in the WC so far, Henry did it to. He could have had scored more goals than he did...but that isn`t important cause no player is able to allways do the right thing.

"Klose is a sharp finisher. Granted. But that's about it. Wenger always wants a player that is able to contribute to the team in more than one way. I thought Klose was really great in the Swedish match even though he didn't score. Why? Because he created chances when he was marked. But that disappeared in the match against Argentina. Henry is a player that would create if he can't score. Arsène looks for players like that. You don't want your striker to cut a lonely figure upfront when 9 other outfield men are running hurriedly around"
Who you are to be able to judge about Klose because of that one game against Argentina? HAgain: How much asists did Henry in this WC? Klose did allready three! Assists are another way to be important for the team. Klose wins a lot of his tacklings, most times mor than 50 percent and that is bril for a striker. What els do you want? Klose played amazing since about 10 month he scored mostly in every game, you are real arrogant if you only take this one game against Argentina to say that Klose is only with his goals imortant for the team. klose is a leader, he is the boss in the offensive, Klinsmann allways said that. You are really gettin on my nerves cause you simply don`t have enough informations, don`t watch enough games to discuss about Klose and you only want to see Henry as the star but in fact Klose is the best striker in this WC and he is so damn important for the team. You don`t know the team good enough so you shouldn`t take about things you don`t know. Sry, but I simply don`t like people who don`t know what they talk about.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom