• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Modern Day Invincibles

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I get what you mean, but if you rewatch any game in that season you'll remember how good that team was. Like the pace, the power, the technical ability etc etc was all unreal. Bit like watching 2016 Atletico on roids.
Bollocks they'd be stomped. You don't just run through a team with Vieira, Gilberto and Campbell at it's core. There is no Sol Campbell in the league atm, or in Europe even.

Time alters people's memories quite a bit, I think. Except me, I have an extraordinary memory except for who I voted for on match day polls
They're definitely an all-time team, but these are FIFA easymode XIs. Ronaldo for Pires, for example. I also kind of misspoke in not clarifying that I was talking both about the quality of the players in the PL today, but also how (comparably) spread out they are amongst teams...the requirement for a new Invincibles is perhaps unattainably high, hence the super teams on this thread.

And as a much smaller aside, IMO there are quite a few Sol Campbell-quality backs in Europe now: Silva, Boateng, Hummels, Pique, etc.

Last edited:

AVENTUS

I Personally don’t think it’s possible in the Premier League now regardless what players you had even top 11 in the world in every position on the pitch I don’t think it’s possible this league has way to much competition and way to much inept officials. Bottom place West Brom is capable of beating any side on a god given day. What arsenal did in 03/04 was truly special and at the time was one of the worlds best teams we should of won the Champions League that year too with a final consisting of Porto and Monaco it was there for the taking if not for Chelsea.

We had a bit of luck too Rud Van missing that penalty, Fulham player missing very late chance at 0-0 at Highbury.

Interestingly rather then swap players I would love to see that exact team in this season campaign - do I think they’ll do it again.

No.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I think you could do an invincibles team today

heck man city with 2-3 new players next season would probably be it

likewise Bayern

today to create an invincible team you gotta go defensive. it is in the air, ever since barcas peak a few years ago everybody has gone more offensive. high level defensive teams are really not to be found. but trends shift, maybe atl madrid but it is a high pressure fast paced defense

smart managers are probably now figuring out the next evolution of the supreme defense again to battle all the brilliant offensive teams/players

and there are some pretty great defensive players around that aren't too shabby offensivly,

with football growing and growing athleticism goes up aswell, if you got the speed/stamina you can start your offense from further back and still beat your opponenets

OSBK

Established Member
If city buy harry kane then they will do it. I live ageruo but with kane they would be a different animal, they would break all the records and run the league for a good few years.

For kane, its the only move that is going to get him to beat shearers record.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
If city buy harry kane then they will do it. I live ageruo but with kane they would be a different animal, they would break all the records and run the league for a good few years.

For kane, its the only move that is going to get him to beat shearers record.
I think he gets it at any of the top 6 clubs (not that he'd move to any but one or two) if he stays healthy. City would be ideal for him in terms of numbers, but I think he could also do it if Sp**s stay similarly constructed for example.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I'm not sure if Pogba has the discipline to play in a title winning side let alone an invincibles team. And yes, I'm aware he had a good record with United until recently - but he has too many flaws exploitable by big and better teams. This will be very clear in the CL this season.

Divided_Pie

Lehmann - Marc-André ter Stegen
Lauren - Serge Aurier
Cole - Jordi Alba
Campbell - Kalidou Koulibaly
Toure - Samuel Umtiti
Gilberto - Casemiro
Pires - Julian Draxler
Viera - Sergeij Milinkovic-Savic
Henry - Kylian Mbappe
Bergkamp - Mesut Özil
Ljungberg- Raheem Sterling

BBF

Lehmann - Marc-André ter Stegen
Lauren - Serge Aurier
Cole - Jordi Alba
Campbell - Kalidou Koulibaly
Toure - Samuel Umtiti
Gilberto - Casemiro
Pires - Julian Draxler
Viera - Sergeij Milinkovic-Savic
Henry - Kylian Mbappe
Bergkamp - Mesut Özil
Ljungberg- Raheem Sterling

Good post.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom