• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I hear you but bringing in another primary midfielder could disrupt the current cohesion and development of someone like ESR who could be a star for this club if given the right patienxe to develop. If Partey is out, I feel Elneny is good enough to deputise in certain games; but when up against
systems with 3 in midfield and away from home it's up to Arteta to tweak the game plan. We'll struggle to dominate certain opposition without Parteys presence.

This is just how I would approach things. Arteta likely has a different plan and as you say ESR development has stalled slightly under his management.

I think the reliance on Partey as our six or ball progressor is too risky if we look at our system at its best. Elneny is not good enough to progress the ball through the lines, help us hold the ball high and look to create spaces to exploit. And that's what we need in addition to Partey.

Elneny is great at helping us keep the ball in advanced areas, which allows us keep pressure (think the buildup to Xhaka's goal against United). Further than that, not much more and that isnt enough to hurt the opposition.

We need a player like Bissouma to come in as well, its very important IMO.

GoonerJay24

It doesn’t work well. It’s decent. Another season we make up future midfielders with xhaka on it. It took years for us to realise xhaka as dm is a liability, so now it’s like to cover his weakness let’s move him forward so he doesn’t harm us. Not that he adds anything further up. He just won’t harm us that’s where we are with him. If he is starter another season I hope he is out all of next season

It effective against most opponents especially with Partey fit and at home. I think with pre season is an opportunity to improve the midfield cohesiveness too.

It's Artetas job to identify and coach patterns which helps the players retain possession in the final third more frequently.

GoonerJay24

I think the reliance on Partey as our six or ball progressor is too risky if we look at our system at its best. Elneny is not good enough to progress the ball through the lines, help us hold the ball high and look to create spaces to exploit.

Elneny is great at helping us keep the ball in advanced areas, which allows us keep pressure (think the buildup to Xhaka's goal against United). Further than that, not much more and that isnt enough to hurt the opposition.

We need a player like Bissouma to come in as well, its very important IMO.

Possibly, but how does that effect Loknongas development? Is there a future for him still or should he be loaned?

I feel Elneny is a decent enough backup as either the deeplying midfielder or further advanced where as you say he helps with ball retention.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It effective against most opponents especially with Partey fit and at home. I think with pre season is an opportunity to improve the midfield cohesiveness too.

It's Artetas job to identify and coach patterns which helps the players retain possession in the final third more frequently.
How many seasons have we missed out on top 4 with xhaka in midfield? Let’s try him once again eh. This clubs obsession with this trash player is beyond bizarre. Like I said if I get the news he will be out for while of next season I would be beyond happy

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Possibly, but how does that effect Loknongas development? Is there a future for him still or should he be loaned?

I feel Elneny is a decent enough backup as either the deeplying midfielder or further advanced where as you say he helps with ball retention.

I think he needs a loan to be honest. Especially with Elneny signing on again.

Lokonga doesnt have the necessary experience to deputise for Partey yet, even if he has the potential to do so one day. For us to play at our best, we need to be able to break lines and take out players with our movement and passing.

Bissouma can do that just as well, if not better. That's why Im hoping we are looking at him, or similar.

GoonerJay24

How many seasons have we missed out on top 4 with xhaka in midfield? Let’s try him once again eh. This clubs obsession with this trash player is beyond bizarre. Like I said if I get the news he will be out for while of next season I would be beyond happy

I don't think Xhaka the long term answer at all. But if ESR were to develop into that role, we should begin next season with same midfield unit and instead focus our transfers on 2 strikers and fullback positions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't think Xhaka the long term answer at all. But if ESR were to develop into that role, we should begin next season with same midfield unit and instead focus our transfers on 2 strikers and fullback positions.
We are Arsenal not freaking Burnley. Why not buy midfielders? Instead of hoping esr becoming one after we realised he ain’t gonna become much of an attacker. This guy was talk about as false 9 and even at his age he clearly don’t have the fitness and stamina for top level football. And you think he can play in the most physically demanding position? He runs out of steam after 45 mins playing on the wing. By far the unfittest player we had for years

GoonerJay24

We are Arsenal not freaking Burnley. Why not buy midfielders? Instead of hoping esr becoming one after we realised he ain’t gonna become much of an attacker. This guy was talk about as false 9 and even at his age he clearly don’t have the fitness and stamina for top level football. And you think he can play in the most physically demanding position? He runs out of steam after 45 mins playing on the wing. By far the unfittest player we had for years

The current Arsenal project is about building a team around talented young players. Therefore, the aim should be integrating one of our most talented academy graduates. Of course he needs to improve stamina wise and maybe passing, but he has many key attributes for a no.8. ESR could potentially be our Iniesta; not saying he'll be as good, but could have a similar impact in terms of becoming a top central midfielder from our academy. This is how you build long dominant teams i.e. Barcelona 2007-2015 or Fergusons Manchester United.

Anyway this is just how I would do things if I were manager under this project. Bringing in a Tielmans or someone could halt ESR's development or disrupt our current cohesion. Ultimately Arteta needs to bring in strikers then drill the defensive unit harder. We conceded 48 goals this season, which is unsustainable to compete for top 4 let alone titles.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The current Arsenal project is about building a team around talented young players. Therefore, the aim should be integrating one of our most talented academy graduates. Of course he needs to improve stamina wise and maybe passing, but he has many key attributes for a no.8. ESR could potentially be our Iniesta; not saying he'll be as good, but could have a similar impact in terms of becoming a top central midfielder from our academy. This is how you build long dominant teams i.e. Barcelona 2007-2015 or Fergusons Manchester United.

Anyway this is just how I would do things if I were manager under this project. Bringing in a Tielmans or someone could halt ESR's development or disrupt our current cohesion. Ultimately Arteta needs to bring in strikers then drill the defensive unit harder. We conceded 48 goals this season, which is unsustainable to compete for top 4 let alone titles.
Arsenal is way behind the top teams and every year fall further behind. If ESR is going enough he will make it. But you can remove competition from young players and give them guaranteed places. Saka benched our club record. We buy a ready made midfielder or two and if esr is good enough (which I have serious doubt about) he will get his place anyway

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hear you but bringing in another primary midfielder could disrupt the current cohesion and development of someone like ESR who could be a star for this club if given the right patienxe to develop. If Partey is out, I feel Elneny is good enough to deputise in certain games; but when up against
systems with 3 in midfield and away from home it's up to Arteta to tweak the game plan. We'll struggle to dominate certain opposition without Parteys presence.

This is just how I would approach things. Arteta likely has a different plan and as you say ESR development has stalled slightly under his management.
I agree with you but I'm not sure ESR will be given the coaching he needs and I'm not sure he's got enough about him to develop "organically". Bad example maybe but Danny Drinkwater is leaving Chelsea after five years, several loans and a £35m outlay. Peak Drinkwater is better than Elneny has ever been. Sometimes you just have to start again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

... beautiful...

proud-touched.gif

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Terrible decision to waste his yearly screamer on a preseason game tbh, what happened to saving them against quality opposition like Barcelona

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Terrible decision to waste his yearly screamer on a preseason game tbh, what happened to saving them against quality opposition like Barcelona
It's because we don't play against those teams anymore and he knows it so better using it than not. Imagine if he wait to do it in a UCL... First Arteta had to leave!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This guy has absolutely stolen a living at Arsenal.People always talk about how come Arsenal can’t sell players, it’s because we have rubbish like this as back up.

You lot get jealous of Liverpool and Chelsea making so much from selling players than praise Arsenal keeping around trash.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom