• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Get well soon Moh look according to mikel he out for a while.

If it's hamstring then it should be torn hamstring how much this need to recover 2-3 months?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The situation escalated the following day. During the course of Arsenal’s 2-1 victory over Fulham, Mohamed Elneny sustained an injury to his right leg. To his credit, he played on — but the problem worsened in the aftermath of the game. By Monday evening, the player had undergone initial scans and the suspected prognosis was that the Egyptian international would be absent for a significant period.

It's from the Athletic article. How the hell is it to Elneny's credit to play the match to the end with an injury, only to worsen it and miss a lot of games, when we had 2 substitutions to use at that point? That's utmost stupidity that can cost us a lot, nothing to be credited for.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The situation escalated the following day. During the course of Arsenal’s 2-1 victory over Fulham, Mohamed Elneny sustained an injury to his right leg. To his credit, he played on — but the problem worsened in the aftermath of the game. By Monday evening, the player had undergone initial scans and the suspected prognosis was that the Egyptian international would be absent for a significant period.

It's from the Athletic article. How the hell is it to Elneny's credit to play the match to the end with an injury, only to worsen it and miss a lot of games, when we had 2 substitutions to use at that point? That's utmost stupidity that can cost us a lot, nothing to be credited for.
I still don't understand if it's hamstring how much he out for? Did he torn his hamstring?

And yeah players need to stop playing when they having serious muscular issue.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Elneny needs to channel his inner Xhaka, say **** you to medical predictions and come back a month earlier.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

He probably didn't say anyhing

The PR spin is he's willing to put his body on the line for Arsenal and etc, but the truth is that when you're already out there running on the pitch you do feel like you can just keep going, at least for a while.

Shame he's no Partey who just subs himself out when he has enough

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Elneny ball with our overall best xG performance.

ES63_KuLtwoh8kQCz1qIaGvNYpLY886uMCwA6_Iwajc.jpg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Elneny back in training. Huge relief for me.

Genuinely believe Leeds (we still won, but you know what happened in that 2nd half) and Southhampton would have been different if we could have thrown him in from the bench.

Still think we need an extra 6/8 type role for the second half of the season. I say go in for Tielemans and let Moh go in the summer.

We'll have Elneny/Tielemans/TP5/Lokonga to rotate for the business end of the season. Good enough for a top four challenge IMO.

drippin

Still think we need an extra 6/8 type role for the second half of the season. I say go in for Tielemans and let Moh go in the summer.

We'll have Elneny/Tielemans/TP5/Lokonga to rotate for the business end of the season. Good enough for a top four challenge IMO.
Tielemans is worth much more to Leicester battling with relegation, than 10-20 million.

I assume it's going to be Danilo if we get someone in January. Their season has ended well before that point.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Very good news. Mo might not be quality but at least he can come on and do the basics right unlike Lokonga such as closing down a space.

drippin

Couldn't imagine I would be this happy for Elneny to rejoin the team of Arsenal. Similar comeback as Xhaka after his injury last season, well before than expected.

He has proven to be very solid in his prime years, apart from a few mistakes, so it's very valuable addition for the whole of rest of the season. He is ahead of Sambi, and should be.

Elneny is midtable EPL level, but Sambi looks like Championship level defensively, and as the lone DMF it's just not good enough. Especially as it looks like he doesn't even try to defend really and loves to jog around non-stop like on a Sunday stroll.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Couldn't imagine I would be this happy for Elneny to rejoin the team of Arsenal. Similar comeback as Xhaka after his injury last season, well before than expected.

He has proven to be very solid in his prime years, apart from a few mistakes, so it's very valuable addition for the whole of rest of the season. He is ahead of Sambi, and should be.

Elneny is midtable EPL level, but Sambi looks like Championship level defensively, and as the lone DMF it's just not good enough. Especially as it looks like he doesn't even try to defend really and loves to job around non-stop like on a Sunday stroll.

I don’t understand guys on here that big up manz like Henderson calling them soldiers and what not and then poo poo all over Elneny.

As a squaddie I think he’s brilliant and we’ve clearly missed him. Gives you 6/10 every game, works his arse off, TRACKS RUNNERS, just locks the basics down. Great squad player.

bergholt

I don’t understand guys on here that big up manz like Henderson calling them soldiers and what not and then poo poo all over Elneny.

As a squaddie I think he’s brilliant and we’ve clearly missed him. Gives you 6/10 every game, works his arse off, TRACKS RUNNERS, just locks the basics down. Great squad player.

The problem with him in the past has been that a Elneny-Xhaka double pivot just isn’t very interesting. It’s defensively just ok, offensively just ok. Not his fault at all really. He’s probably better single pivot behind Xhaka-Ødegaard because then his role is better defined - fill space, track runners, win duels, simple passes.

drippin

Well Henderson is an EPL and UCL winner, and a starter at those. Totally different levels. I personally always rated Ramsey over Henderson, but injuries ruined Ramsey. Also Ramsey was the more attacking midfielder, but there was the comparison.

Elneny is nothing to poopoo. Personally I have joked about him, because really, this is not the level of midfield Arsenal should have next in line to starting players. It has always been a joke to me. I can't understand it, I will never understand it, as midfield is where you win games the most. Funds yeah, I know that, but blahblah, it's hilariously grim stuff no matter if he has been fine in his prime now. It's Stoke levels if you get what I mean in the attacking sense.

Of course I'm fine if we sell/loan Sambi, extend Elneny for another year, and get a couple great/top midfielders, so Elneny only plays as an emergency backup. Similar to Cedric, but somewhat better of course. It all depends on the money available and if Elneny is still fine with that.

drippin

Is he ready to play? I want to see Sambi in Xhaka's role and see how he does.
I doubt he will start Elneny with no match sharpness/fitness at all in an important game like this.

I assume he will start Partey to get a good lead, and then he can substitute him out early if possible.

"on the fitness of Saka, Elneny and Zinchenko:

They are at different stages obviously. Mo had a long-term injury but he has recovered now in a really good way and has been training with the team for a week or two now. Alex is just very recent and he’s had two training sessions. Bukayo just missed one or two sessions and was fine today."

"on whether he will field a strong team on Thursday night:

I don’t approach games thinking that after half an hour or 45 minutes we will get the result that we want, but certainly I will have a really competitive team out there. We missed the chance in Holland last week and Thursday is the last opportunity to achieve our goal."

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom