• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 09/09/06

Kontizinho

i think gallas was the best on the pitch.but still can't figure out why the heck we don't shoot!!!we are found one inch from the net and we pass!!! 4 god's sake!!! :x

mistaz23

Kontizinho said:
i think gallas was the best on the pitch.but still can't figure out why the heck we don't shoot!!!we are found one inch from the net and we pass!!! 4 god's sake!!! :x

1 inch? Are you sure about that mate?? :roll:

apollo

Kontizinho said:

yeah...the gallas-freddie partnership was great...they were clicking on....but as you said...even Gallas wasn't shooting!!...this no-shooting-policy looks like an epidemic they catch on during the training :D

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Arsenal had 17 shots on goal. They were shooting ffs.

Woodgate was brilliant against us as usual. Our best player was probably Eboue, but that isn't saying much. Surprised at some of the Hleb mentions, I thought he and Freddie were sh1te to be honest.

lutaayam

Everybody played well apatr from Cesc and Persie. I think Cesc should take a break. He's too weak and he's been caught napping with the ball on so many occasions. As for persie, the only good thing about him is his shot at goal when given space. But let defenders stay on him and the boy actually looks clumsy. There I said it. Did somebody say "BAN"?

asajoseph

Established Member
Honestly, how can anyone say Henry played well last night? They guy was totally ineffectual. When our play is slow, all he does is cut in from the left and drive accross the top of the box, looking for a shot that is too obvious to spot and block. For me, RVP looked much more like scoring, because his ability to get into positions (even if he did screw up when he got there). For me though, that's a positive. We know he's got the skill, and we know he can shoot - his biggest issues have always been getting involved, and he's really seeming to be doing a lot better there now.

AV Gooner

from what i saw it has to be eboue. he seemed to be doing his job as well as hlebs when at their defence with directness and speed.

Rohit

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Honestly, how can anyone say Henry played well last night? They guy was totally ineffectual. When our play is slow, all he does is cut in from the left and drive accross the top of the box, looking for a shot that is too obvious to spot and block. For me, RVP looked much more like scoring, because his ability to get into positions (even if he did screw up when he got there). For me though, that's a positive. We know he's got the skill, and we know he can shoot - his biggest issues have always been getting involved, and he's really seeming to be doing a lot better there now.

RvP is really annoying when he receives the ball with his back to the goal.It's not a problem with ability,it just seems to be in his head.Watching him closely on t.v it seems like he is perturbed and more bothered by his marker sticking to him,tugging his shirt than being bothered about the ball at his feet and what he has to do with it.He just needs to relax.But overall i agree his game has improved with respect to link up play,getting involved and his movement off the ball.

cesc18

thought hleb and eboue were good yesterday
got us into great attacking positions
even if they didnt make the best out of it atleast they looked to create openings :lol:

hellolo

I don't think either of the forwards had a good game, RVP took too many touches and it's sad that the most notable thing was he was lucky not to get sent off
Henry... how he missed that open goal in that quick free kick.. i have no idea
As for Toure, i don't konw what has happened to him, he seems to have lost his passing ability, the amount of times he tried taht stupid chipped ball forward instead of keeping on the ground... damn infuriating
That said either Hleb or Eboue was MoM (incidentally i thought Eboue had dived and won us the penalty but on the replay i was clearly wrong, sorry Manu :p)

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
hleb...

closely followed by eboue...

hleb was good last night mate...

try and catch a replay and witness he made like 2 or 3 passes that looked like could become as assists but due to poor finishing or our famous "don't-shoot-but-pass" mentality (which to my dismay affected hleb too), not only we gave the opponent (in this case: boro) enough time to regroup and pack in the box, we also provide them with huge amount of boasting confidence...

i think most mid-table teams know how to hold us fron winning... and i'm terribly disturbed by it...

anyway a win against hamburg and manure (wishful thinking) might give the squad a big boost...

come on you gooners!

maxxx

asajoseph said:
Gallas, Eboue, Toure, Hleb, Freddie, and RVP were all largely quite good.

:lol: @ ljungberg and RVP at being quite good. What game were you watching. :lol:

stiiphunn

Established Member
The only thing that's worrying is the result- we're dropping points that we shouldn' be dropping. We should have won those games easily, but sadly enough, we couldn't avoid conceding a stupid goal, on the very first chance our opponents have.
That's why I'm quite optimistic, and I want to believe that this squad will quickly confirm its tremendous potential..!

Concerning yesterday's match, I thought ( like most of you guys ) that Eboue and Hleb performed really well. The fact that Hleb cuts in allows Eboue to rush down the right flank. If Hleb wasn't doing so, we wouldn't see so much from Eboue.
Gilberto did ok , just like Gallas, Toure and Djourou.
However I was a bit disappointed by Henry and Fabregas' match. They both under-performed.. Fabregas couldn't pass the ball, and Henry did nothing with it. RvP was ok, but he seemed a bit disturbed as soon as someone was putting too much pressure on him.. maybe he lacks a bit of physical power- he just couldn't get rid of the players..

Rosicky tried to accelerate things, and I think he's a very interesting player. A rosicky-Clichy partnership on the left flank , could really benefit the team!

Anyway, let's be optimistic! Things will surely get better, we have quality in this squad- surely the mostt skilful players in the Premier League!

asajoseph

Established Member
maxxx said:
asajoseph said:
Gallas, Eboue, Toure, Hleb, Freddie, and RVP were all largely quite good.

:lol: @ ljungberg and RVP at being quite good. What game were you watching. :lol:

The one that was taking place about 15 feet in front of my nose.

Ljungberg and Gallas linked very well going forwards, especially in the first half.

RVP was ok, in that he got into scoring positions, which is more than ANY of our other players managed yesterday. Made a hash of things when he got there, but made himself available for passes from midfield, and moved well. Which frankly, seems to be enough for Emmanuel Adebayor to be called a footballing messiah by some on here.

[just so you know, that last bit's tongue in cheek]

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think henry played his best game of the season so far for us yesterday. he looked more comfortable with the ball was willing to commit defenders on the left hand side on a few occasions.

thought rvp struggled to impose himself throughout due to the strength of pogatez and woodgate. i dont think he will start at OT for that reason.

thegame24

Established Member
I cant see wenger starting the same team 3 games in a row.

RVP i definatly cant see playing at old trafford.

Eboue was our best player against boro.

Hleb didnt do his job so thats why i didnt rate him.

asajoseph

Established Member
It will be 4-5-1 against the Mancs, I reckon, and Baptista may get his first start. I'd like a midfield of Hleb, Rosicky, Gilberto, Cesc and Baptista, but I'd have thought Freddie will get rested midweek and will start at old ratford - Wenger will value his experience for that one.

Lukazan

Established Member
IMO we need as many new faces in against Man U as possible, that includes Hleb.

Players like Baptista and Rosicky who have never played against Man U, and players who haven't done it much, Hleb and Eboue.

I think a few of our players are scared of Man U, but the main culprits IMO, Pires, Vieira and Reyes, have of course moved on.

I don't think we have a chance of getting anything from the Man U game, but with Baptista and Rosicky in, I think we have more of a chance.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom