• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 09/09/06

polar87

Gooner83 said:
polar87 said:
The Tin God said:
poor game , but Gallas for me.

but he has to be played in the centre with toure for the manure game.

and armand to play left back.

give this talented kid a chance

Dude hes 16, let the guy mature a little, let him know whats wrong from right, you cant just put him to play against man utd, and expect the guy to shine!

i don't think he could do much worse than Hoytle or Djourou

you got a point there :p

Don Pacifico

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Gallas, Eboue, Toure, Hleb, Freddie, and RVP were all largely quite good.

I'm just baffled as to how a squad of such talented players can be so clueless when it comes to scoring goals. This is no longer an issue of ability, or skill - it's a matter that rests firmly on the shoulders of the coach. Wenger needs to sort it out.

Agreed, I'm hoping Baptista can help. Certainly the inability to finish is my biggest worry for our team, as I have said on numerous occasions already. Ade couldn't finish his lunch if he tried, RVP is not an out and out striker in my opinion, Thierry is unfit (and heck we should not be relying on him for goals), Rosicky/Hleb not goal scorers anyway, Freddy is impotent in front of goal currently (and unfit in my opinion). So heres hoping Julio can change that.

choi12911

Eboue, offensively and defensively the best player on the pitch. To think that we would've probably lost if he hadn't won that penalty, it is frightening.

Hleb is by no means the man of the match. For someone who is supposed to be a right winger he spent 99% of the game everywhere else but right wing.

Fabregas seems to slow our play down too too much and i think rosicky should now play ahead of him for a bit. I know cesc has played well for us last season, but if you really think about it, it was from the champions league game and not the prem ones. I say cesc still needs a few seasons to build himself physically before he should start every prem game. The positive i saw from cesc though, was that he actually had a shot from outside the box (even if they weren't the best shots).

Rosicky for me is an accelerator of the game and can make us play the way we should be. He also looks to go forward and plays the ball that way. What i thought cesc wasnt doing was releasing the ball fast enough and being more positive.

I think Van Persie was poor today, should of come off for baptista at half time.

We really needed walcott, his pace was something we lacked. Our wingers, if you can really call them that, didn't do their jobs and that left us playing soooo narrow that it was easy for boro to defend against us.

We need to start scoring goals and running at teams more, rather than try passing it round them all the time.

oops...forgot to say eboue was by far man of the match. Does this guy ever stop running??

djourou was at fault for the goal, but apart from that looking alright.

gangess

And to those people having a go at Eboue's final ball, please look at the way we play and you'll understand. We never cross the ball from the wing because I guess this is the "Arsenal way". Now when a team has plenty of men behind the ball packed in the penalty area and our strikers are all standing still in the box how do you expect Eboue to find them. He still managed to create a lot of chances for us that got wasted.

I love Pascal Cygan.

Are people seriously suggesting Hleb?

Unbelievable.

I like Hleb and I think he is a talented player but he's not offering us what we need because he doesn't offer us any width and he doesn't offer us any goals.

My man of the match?

Woodgate or Schwarzer.

You're joking if you think one of our players deserves a pat on the back after today.

Lukazan

Established Member
I love Pascal Cygan. said:
Are people seriously suggesting Hleb?

Unbelievable.

I like Hleb and I think he is a talented player but he's not offering us what we need because he doesn't offer us any width and he doesn't offer us any goals.

My man of the match?

Woodgate or Schwarzer.

You're joking if you think one of our players deserves a pat on the back after today.

True Hleb doesn't offer us width and didn't score today but I don't see how that means he wasn't one of, if not our best player.

He ran hard, created many chances and passed well.

I love Pascal Cygan.

LuKaZaN said:
True Hleb doesn't offer us width and didn't score today but I don't see how that means he wasn't one of, if not our best player.

This isn't the thread to discuss Hleb because there's already a 9 page thread about him.

I've posted something in there. Feel free to comment on it in there :)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
hleb is our most creative players today. we do not normally cross when we go to the flanks. we tend to dribble in or pass back which i think is very frustrating for the players waiting inside the box. you could hear southgate shouting stay close stay close. which means we will never get any breakthrough if we continues playing that way.

after arsenal match, immediately watched they Sp**s one. man utd are much more direct in their style which led to lots of goals.

ken_75

sparky44 said:
hleb winded me up to the point where i was pulling my hair out on some occasions.

I got the same feeling....For me, Eboue was the best out of the poor lot...
Rosicky did well for the little time he was on too.

apollo

well , in case we MUST say the MOM arsenal player (since we're in an Arsenal forum) , I'd go for Hleb (I was confused between him and Ebou)....he worked hard...created chances but STILL he's not that difference from other players in term of performance as all of the players were AGAIN reluctant to shoot most of the time..

and if I am to choose the overall MOM , I'd go for my mate from downunder Schwarzer...he clearly had a great game and took off alot of the shots...again we must admit Woodgate was tremendous in putting some Henry pressure down...never saw that comming from that bloke

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom