• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

ashwin_eats

dude even though Henry was poor in the first half , would still give him the man of the match because he picked us up and started doing things with the ball. Picking the ball deep and running from the left cutting in and shooting.

People say that Henry doesnt lead by example like how gerrard does but i think this is his way of leading by example when the team is down. Picking the ball deep and providing for others, and once they get the goals it motivates the team and it makes it easier as they then set up henry for goals. But this is just my view about it.

Freddie is not like Freddie that we used to...Maybe he's missing the chemistry of Bergkamp and Pires.. my man of the match goes to Kolo Toure...no goals or no assist..but full with determination and passion to lead the back four...Hail the King of Ivorians...

100AJ100

I think Freddie needs his pink hair again, that was when he was at his best. Remember that goal against United, magical.

100AJ100

Oh yeah i forgot to say....

I stay sweet as a nut, sweet like tropicana, when my hammer hits, your head splits like banana! 8)

RC8

Established Member
Djorou, Gallas, and Henry were all very impressive, I can't decide which of those deserves the MotM.

However, one of the defenders should get it, as they played very well during both halves.

Jidex

manalicream said:
Djourou.

Im sorry but despite the assists and goal, henry was poor

Totally with you, before the goal, Djorou rescued Gallas on 2 seperate occasions after Gallas clumsily lost the ball in dangerous situations.

Also Henry was pretty poor in the first half, and even after the goals, was not clinical enough, didt lead by example and moaned throughout the first half

Grampus_Eight

Djourou - outstanding from start to finish. His run through the midfield in the final minutes capped off his MotM performance! 'Vell done Johan!

Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-oou!
Who needs Sol Campbell
When We've Got Djourou!

And lest you forget
We've got Swiss Tony too.

IBL

Established Member
From the extended highlights I'd say Gallas, Freddy seemed quite involved and tenacious. Although Djourou defended well he gave the ball away a few times when powering forward. Rosicky looked slick once again. No one really stood out overall though

cubbz_th14

^ ^ yes i thought freddie did well - who was criticised heavily on the match thread earlier in the evening - he's working super hard on the wing and luck was not on his side today or else he would have scored

Ricky_AFC

Unfortunately only got to see motd highlights which were so so short but from what I saw and heard from my mate I'd say Freddie or Djourou.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom