• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

caryn

Rahul said:
Its got be between rosicky ade jens or gilberto for me.

dont know how people even considering fabregas

simply, no fabregas -- no goal. he did make some mistakes, but he made up for all that with the wonderful work resulting in the goal. of course, the rest of the team was brilliant. however, i felt that ljungberg and adebayor weren't too good. a few of those chances ade had, im sure would have resulted in goals if henry took over. but still, arsenal won! great match :)

lehmann had that MAD save. great stuff man! and rosicky-hleb-cesc were worked well together. djourou was wonderful too! ahhh, everyone was great lah. arsenal played, and deserved to win.

cesc won the motm anyway!

Jkreffer

Established Member
Jens Lehmann for me. Two absolutely unbelievable saves and great authority when coming to claim the ball. Everybody played out of their skins though I thought.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Rahul said:
Its got be between rosicky ade jens or gilberto for me.

dont know how people even considering fabregas

Yeah, people are stupid, the media as whole are stupid and to top that, the people who officially named him Barclys MOTM are stupid, or you could also say, It's other way around, those people who didn't even consider Fab as MOTM are blind ....? eh?

stop acting high and almighty

entropy13

Established Member
Cesc. If not for him, we may not have made that many chances, or we won't win...

Of course, the whole team needs full credit for the win! They all really played well.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
jaguars4ever said:
BeijingGunner said:
P.s did anyone else notice Baptista's style of running? Is it just his muscle bulk, but he seemed almost to lumber, like a man carrying too much weight. I think it was hard for him to pick up the pace of the game quickly, but he almost whipped in that vicious curler from the edge of the box.
He seemed pretty damn fast for an uber-heavyweight. Can you imagine the momentum at which he'd bulldoze someone over at full throttle? I also noticed that he does that rapid skip-check thing when he's standing still just before he takes off. :D

yea baptista looked kind of strange when he ran yesterday, as if he was trying to drag 100 timber chained on his back...

but did anyone notice that whenever the ball is on his feet, no manures were brave enough to challenge him...

it's the BEAST inside of him i tell ya!

kingcarmelo

it has to be kolo he is inspirational.Even when he has done his hip he gets up and still makes a challenge.

how much do you think he is valued at now?

Rohit

Established Member
Adebayor without a shadow of a doubt.

To play the role of a single forward is not easy and the striker is at times bound to look inconsistent because he is hounded by 2-3 defenders everytime he receives the ball high up the pitch,holding the ball till support comes,so he is bound to loose possession a couple of times.
Adebayor did the job quite exquisitely,he hold up play was superb considering also that it was against United a very aggresive team.His runs were superb,both for the penalty and the goal and i don't know how he lasted 88 minutes after running the amount he did.

Good job Ade.

kazu

man of the match: lehmann.

player to watch: rosicky!!!

rosicky was superb with the ball and his tackles were fantastic!

cesc at times took too long on the ball, glad his efforts paid off with the assist though!

ade worked hard and got the winning goal but sometimes lacked composure.

captain gilberto was unlucky with the slip and distribution again needs improvement but overall a good performance!

we can't complain really!

been

king kolo how much is his value?

wel lets say i had to sell him and teams were intrested id put a 30m pound price tag on his head.......go check some others defenders prices over the years

plus toure is a complete defender who can shoot and do everything and jsut tunred 25 and one of the best attitudes

zievad

The entire team. Enough said. Mad jens was awesome and entertaining as usual. The back four were fantastic, Eboue made a few mistakes but I think Galls has slotted in fantastically. Kolo is God and Djourou looks very composed and reads the game well. Has learnt a lot from KK. Our midfield ran the show, Cesc (not his best but still fantastic), Rosicky excites me, he is an awesome ball carrier and is going to be sensational for us this season, bert was his steady old self, freddie was ok but it's starting to fade ad adebayor worked like a reacehorse. I was very impressed with him. MOTM, it's got to be Arsène. We believe Arsène, we believe.

Rodelero

DBmagik10 said:
every week we go on how cesc should be rested , he's tired he's wilting he's losing it. HOLY S***.
now we know why Arsène wont rest him. the kid is larger than life i tell you. he's huge.
along with messi the best proven young guns this side of the milky way.
oh and yeah who the f*** is phooney anyways?

I've never thought Rooney was very good.

I must admit; i'm not exactly a genius at football; i don't know it all etc.

But when i look at how hyped he is; i think his achievement is pretty bad.

Phooney is a great name for him :)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
cesc is my motm yesterday. great display, willing to track back, win balls in the middle of the park. controlled our midfield with authority. most importantly he keeps the ball very well and delievers good service up front. well done 18yr old lad!

cesc18

lehmann was motm for me
for "that" save of OGS
and tacking a whack to save a shot from ronaldo
and also for holding john o shea by his shirt :lol:

thought kolo rosicky ade had very good games as well

asajoseph

Established Member
The disagreement in this thread is a testimony to how many great performances there were yesterday - for once, it's great to see!

Jens gets MOTM for me, but it's a close run thing between lots of different players. He didn't put a foot wrong, made some brilliant catches, and his save from Solksjaer was as good as you'll ever see.

DBmagik10

performance of the match was by flamini. poor kid! his team had just scored a goal against manure at OT and he wanted to celebrate but the manager put him onto the pitch - in place of the goal scorer. tough job for a make shift left back dont you think?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom