• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

The Tin God

The beast is going to be devasting this season.. the spark is just ready to explode in him

Did you see his shot ? i thought it was a goal all the way.

And for me Rosicky is going to be an arsenal legend.

Gallas was immense yesterday 2.

but man of the match for me was

Rosicky.

bongyap

Arsenal's three(3) playmakers

I am glad to see that our three playmakers are starting to complement each other's play. I am talking about Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky. We can only be thankful to Arsène, to be able to acquire the three gifted footballers together. Who will be able to boast such a fantastic partnership in any teams around the world. This will prove to be our advantage in playing against any other teams. Any of those three can orchestrate a team and with the three of them together is absolutely dreamlike.

We should be thankful to Arsène for being patient enough to get those players he really likes to put into Arsenal and not just buy at the spur of the moment just what other teams are doing.

One thing good about Arsenal, is the worth of the players are always going up which is good business sense. You trian youngsters or buy players at a reasonable price and after a few years, they are worth twice or more. The true worth of a club includes the value of each player and in this sense arsenal excels.

True football fans should enjoy watching arsenal play, because we always try to play entertaining football even though other teams just play defensively. Playing defensively is like cheating the football fans who pays and come to this games to feel excitement, to witness amazing things that only good footballers can do and ofcourse to have fun.

We, the Arsenal fans should be proud and satisfied to have such a talented pool of footballers who can give us the entertainment, joy of triumph and dreams that we can also play football like them hehehe.

No better example was the game against Manchester United, thumbs up to MU for really playing football and not just trying to intimidate by doing flying tackles. I think they also realized that they need to entertain their fans as they also need to take care of filling up OT to pay up those debts.

At the end of the day, football clubs foremost is business, then entertainment and ofcourse winning titles. IMHO :)

carlos_sm

For me it has to be ade, he provoked the penalty and scored.

His movement is incredible, he always find spaces to recieve the ball, if only he could finish like henry..

but he is young, he can improve and be a very good player for us

junialum

Ade was frankly speaking technically poor but it was his effort and constant running that got him his goal. He put in a great amount of work today.

It was a team effort, everyone did their part. My MOTM is Wenger, finally saw the light that 4-5-1 works against top teams.

dbergyisnumerouno

everyone did well. but i absolutely think that cesc needs a rest, at least for one game. this will help him play better in future games coz he, without doubt has the talent. he did not do extremely well but he fought till the end and created the brilliant pass.

alex did well, was disappointed that he got substitured, i thought freddie should've been substituted, coz alex was far more dangerous.

difficult to pick motm, i will go for ade for the goal.

GoodOldArsenal

So many to choose from...

Probably Mad Jens for me. He was outstanding!! That save at the end was the finest save I've ever seen. The one with his face wasn't bad either.

gun4glory

NIPOLOPO said:
Rahul said:
Its got be between rosicky ade jens or gilberto for me.

dont know how people even considering fabregas

Yeah, people are stupid, the media as whole are stupid and to top that, the people who officially named him Barclys MOTM are stupid, or you could also say, It's other way around, those people who didn't even consider Fab as MOTM are blind ....? eh?

stop acting high and almighty
He ad a terribly disappointing first half... Mae up for it in the second.... Still not my MOtM....
Lehmann... Do you know how painful a shot in the face is! From C. Ronaldo from 3 yards away!!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think it's a measure of how Cesc is seen to perform on a week to week basis by us that most neutral observers have him as their MotM, whilst forum users here are busy saying he was the worst player on the pitch... The truth must be somewhere in between. Personally, I thought he and Rosicky were the architects of our most "complete" win at Old Trafford, so he must have done something right!

JaseGunner

i thought we would have a repeat of last year!well rosicky was brillient ohh and baptista
But Fabregas Was My Main Man.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

watever happened to having a POLL. It would be interesting to see who won this one because I see so many ppl with different answers. Im gonna stick with Lehmann man.

Fab Fabre04

This is so ****ing hard....

I'd have to go with Jens, he was brill.

Tomas is a very close second.

All our players were brill

Ketchxup

dbergyisnumerouno said:
everyone did well. but i absolutely think that cesc needs a rest, at least for one game. this will help him play better in future games coz he, without doubt has the talent. he did not do extremely well but he fought till the end and created the brilliant pass.

alex did well, was disappointed that he got substitured, i thought freddie should've been substituted, coz alex was far more dangerous.

difficult to pick motm, i will go for ade for the goal.

don't we expect to much from our players especially csec?
I dont think he need a rest
I feel that most of you want to see csec on the top in every games
Last season (i think) gilberto was average (after a long-term injury) the same with paddy before he leave us.

I mean the teamwork is vital!!

Grampus_Eight

MotM - ADEBAYOR, ADEBAYOR!

2. Mad Jens
3. King Kolo
4. Super Tom
5. Gilberto
6. Djourou
7. Cesc
8. Hleb
9. Gallas
10. Eboue
11. Freddie

Also, kudos to the Boss. Still the best around! Arsène knows...amognst other things that Fergie is a red-nosed idiot! Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea, Patrice Evra, Wes Brown...which team is in transition?

lutaayam

Having watched the match again, i have to say I was very surprised at how instrumental fabregas was. How could I not have noticed this? He certainly deserved man of the match.

Mulberry21

MOTM for me would have to be Rosicky. When he plays I just get the feeling we're more dangerous, we're this close to scoring. I also think, as has been mentioned, that he really compliments Cesc and vice versa. When both are on the pitch, the flow of the team is amazing and Rosa just seems to give us an extra edge. Cesc may have created the goal, but I believe it was Rosicky who was the pivotal player in helping us dominate the midfield against ManUtd. Very creative and you couldn't tell he's so tiny by watching him, he's right in there. Can't wait to see more of him.

A very close second would have to be Mad Jens. We're all saying how amazing that save against OGS was, but the save with his face against Ronaldo was equally magnificent (well, almost). He saw the ball coming at him from a very short distance and he didn't even flinch, he just stood tall and took it like a man. If you watch the replay, you can see the exact point (we're talking about split seconds here) when he decides to take the hit and just clenches his fists, clearly thinking "Bring it on!".

Gotta love him.

arsboy

GREAT
big win for confidence and for new begining.now next is shefild
my friends(uniteds funS)
were very quiet after the match
a said GREAT

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

I say it was between 2 players

Rosisky and Ljungberg

But Freddie wins it for me, simply because he never stop working so hard for the team and tackling, winning the ball back..

im actually astonished how many of you didnt rate Ljungbergs performance :O
Top draw stuff

maxxx

Kolo gets my vote, the guy is just awesome, he would carry on playing even if he had 2 broken legs and a fractured skull.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom