Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Coolin

Coolin Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho

Fair points. As a forward, your runs will always be missed though. The key is to keep making them.

I like him, I just think he’d be more dangerous if he ran in behind a bit more.

Trilly likes this.
  2. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

We might have to make peace with the possibility of having a slightly better Gervais for which we paid a fortune.

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Decision making woeful today understand he love to dribble but damn too much is not needed.

sammy89, albakos, krackpot and 2 others like this.
  4. Make

Make Active Member

Pepe is improving with each game but we need more of him

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Lot of nice balloon animals tonight.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  6. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He's obviously not worth the money we paid, and that's not his fault, but the idiots who decided he was. He's also not a bad player, just not one that suits us. We move the ball too slowly, and teams just sit back. That's not his game. You only need to watch his YouTube compilation playing for Lille.

7. chessygoal

chessygoal Well-Known Member

I will never blame him for trying different things and losing the ball more than other players because he takes mor risks.
    But his attitude and lack of intensity is killing me. How many times does he casually jog back after losing the ball? How many easy pass missed because he wasn't focused enough?
    And he has absolutely 0 chemistry with Bellerin both offensively and defensively.
    Pepe and Arteta have a ton of work to do.

sammy89 and albakos like this.
  8. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

Agreed. I don’t think I’ve seen him use his croquetta move once for us. We are way too slow in attack for him to flourish. His strengths as a dribbler are when he’s at speed. We rarely attack with speed.

9. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

To be fair to him, he had the highest rating of any of our players on FotMob.

10. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Needs to develop his right foot to do something useful. Over reliant on his stronger foot and it is costing us chances.

11. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Great dribbling. Need to see more end product. I’m willing to reverse judgement until next season.

12. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Was our most bright player, but he needs to learn to use his right foot more.

13. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Highest rated player on the pitch. What does it mean when the only two players you can realistically look to, are him and Auba?

14. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

His biggest issue and the area he needs to improve for me is releasing the ball and recognising when the dribble isn't on.

He should be passing and making runs in behind when he's not in the final third.

sammy89 likes this.
  15. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

The biggest issue I see is our flat attack that doesn't move at all, that's mainly Laca. A player like him needs movement and someone who will play one-twos on the edge of the box, but Laca is just too static for something like that.
    Looks like our only source of creativity atm which is not nearly enough and it even makes things harder for him.

16. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Best attacking player during normal time but wtf was he doing with those 4 drag backs when he coulda got a shot away

17. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Pepe could be so lethal down the middle.

somebody show this guy a DVD of Arjen Robben.

18. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

That was the most frustrating thing after the Auba chance.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  19. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Yep whole crowd was pissed lol, a few mins later he did have a shoot that forced the keeper into a good save, if he had done that instead of the drag backs he probs scored

sammy89 and albakos like this.
  20. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Think we saw all his strengths and weaknesses in one game today, just needs some refinement.

I know the system calls for him to stay back but Bellerin really should have went for the overlap a few times. It made it very easy for them to nullify him.

Also Lacazette just stood and watched him a few times. **** knows what’s happened to Lacazette.

MutableEarth likes this.