• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Needs to hit the gym and work on his right foot. The rest will come.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Still adjusting but got another assist tonight.

Noticed that Auba went wide right and Pepe went through the middle towards the end. Think Auba understands how important the first goal is.
Wish Auba had laid the ball off to him for a tap-in. But I guess the lure of a goal was too much.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nothing wrong with hoping that. We are due to have finally a elite wide forward. I will still give passing grade if he manages double figures in both.
Yeah I understand that he hasn’t a good start but you know only Hazard and Salah managed 30 goals+assists last season?

You’re expecting a world class season from a 24 year old adapting to the league playing at a team that clearly isn’t playing to its full potential.

20 goals + assists is a more realistic target and even that would be a very good season. We’re talking better/equal production to guys like Sane, Son, Firmino and Zaha. All established top PL players.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah I understand that he hasn’t a good start but you know only Hazard and Salah managed 30 goals+assists last season?

You’re expecting a world class season from a 24 year old adapting to the league playing at a team that clearly isn’t playing to its full potential.

20 goals + assists is a more realistic target and even that would be a very good season. We’re talking better/equal production to guys like Sane, Son, Firmino and Zaha. All established top PL players.
Aha, some logic, on AM. Ban worthy!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well said. Before the season I said 10+10 would be good season, same points as Zaha last year.

Thus far Pepe has played 180 minutes against Sp**s & Pool, 45 minutes against Burnley at home, and 109 minutes away at Newcastle & Watford.

Coming into EPL it's understandable for anyone to not be instant success, but looking at those matches it's even more understandable he has only 0+1 at this point. Arsenal is not very good away and we don't have our 1st choice fullbacks playing yet, although AMN is quite good going forward.

A goal would be nice to give him the confidence he needs, full game at home against weaker opponent should do it. Last night he got an assist though. Seems a bit sensitive guy, which can have good and bad side to it.

Yeah and we hopefully spent 80 M after well thought process on a player we like to do similar things!

Like I said, I don't see it in him. Seems to be just another Mikitaryan to me and that is me taking everything into consideration, adapting process and the team struggling, etc. But as I'm almost never wrong I like to be occasionally proven wrong! Like the thrill of it! Specially when it benefits Arsenal!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
What was a pleasant surprise to me was how good his passing seems to be. Theres the actual assist he got, a couple of chances Auba bungled, the cutback to Nelson which the goalie saved. I see him reaching double digits in assists definitely.

9jagooner

Villa could be the game to start the ball rolling.

At home against a team of similar level to some ligue 1 teams, he will hopefully feel that he can dominate
Really do hope so. We are good going forward but short in numbers at the moment. We need all our players firing on all cylinders.

arsmile

Established Member
His ability to turn and glide past people is almost Joe willock like sometimes....

Yet to see an attempt on goal or final ball which looked that incisive though

Last edited:

drippin

What was a pleasant surprise to me was how good his passing seems to be. Theres the actual assist he got, a couple of chances Auba bungled, the cutback to Nelson which the goalie saved. I see him reaching double digits in assists definitely.

Yeah, but Nelson? What game are you talking about?

drippin

His ability to turn and glide past people is almost Joe willock like sometimes....

Yet to see an attempt on goal or final ball which looked that incisive though

There was the one shot at least, was it against Liverpool, which was like 30 cm off the top back corner. No chance for the goalkeeper.

Another one was when he turned very quickly in the box, in an instant so even the near players could not react, and then shot but it went to center of the goal. Not easiest to shoot from that kind of fast turn. There is some promise surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom