• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I like him, he’s obviously a devastating player but he takes ages getting a shot off, defenders always block him cos it’s predictable.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well we broke our transfer record for Pepe, even if he was to fall short of Hazard for the money we paid for him you'd be hoping he wouldn't be too far off that level. Especially as the signing was seen as a signal of intent. Especially when we're looking to get back to being competitive again you want your big money signing to be top player. One of the most expensive transfers of last summer, surely you'd be expecting something pretty special.
I see Pepe as a more Salah/Mane type than a Hazard/Bernado Silva type.

So while I agree he hasn't been special as a productive forward I think judging him as a ball progressor is wide of the mark. I don't think Emery expects that from him and we can see that because he's playing him in that Salah role right now, narrower in fact.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Nothing to do with that.

I just wanted to let you know that I think there's nobody worse than you posting anywhere on the internet. I'm actually tempted to extend that to the past and the future.

You just might be the WOAT.

Slighty harsh on Reed, after 200 troll accounts, he has somewhat redeemed himself for the past year or so.

But, yeah these Black Mkhitaryan posts are disgraceful. Pepe's numbers are actually very good in terms of shots/chances created/dribbles, so saying "he just needs a goal" isn't just for the sake of saying it, his underlying numbers back it up. Once he finds he feet in this league, he'll be some player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pepe was good today, was one of our better players going forward for a good chunk of the game. Things dont always come off for him but he was fine and improved after he got the goal. I expect things to continue to improve, I'm quite confident he will be fine.

Chaoz_Enigma

His awkward first touch to some maybe its a frustration as it slows the tempo at the top by a bit and may give defenders time to adjust their body to block his shot/pass. But on the bright side due to his style he does manage to nutmeg a few defenders wih his awkward turns and alot of the time keep hold of the ball and give killer passes. He is nightmare to defend just look at his drag back against villa in the first half. That is pure class but unfortunately he needs to work on his right foot. Too one footed for our style of football now which emphasies on buidling play from the wings as opposed to building from centre and bring him in as inside forward for him to finish moves.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He simply needs confidence. I'm hoping he can take that boost from tonight and take the next step, he has all the talent to do so.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I like him, he’s obviously a devastating player but he takes ages getting a shot off, defenders always block him cos it’s predictable.
Agree. Some poster mentioned he had a lot of really soft goals last season. I think he needs to realise the pace of the game here in England and that defenders here aren't afraid to put their body on the line. It will come though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looks like he could be a prospect when he settles. But £70m when our defence was a shambles . . no way. 5/10 window.

Tomb Bombadil

He showing what he could do, but so far the final end product is not good enough. But I think he will come good. But what I don't like is his defensiv contribution. Looks to me like an Özil when he has to defend.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He showing what he could do, but so far the final end product is not good enough. But I think he will come good. But what I don't like is his defensiv contribution. Looks to me like an Özil when he has to defend.
Absolutely, posters saying in the summer that he’ll help take the pressure off our shambolic defence. No sign so far.

Ewarwoowar

Absolutely, posters saying in the summer that he’ll help take the pressure off our shambolic defence. No sign so far.
Though he had disappointed in the previous games tracking back wise, against Villa for me, specifically after going down to 10 he run his socks off coming bad to try win balls back, hope that continues.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’s good at pressing but he needs to work on his defensive work rate

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Oh fcuk sake, folks. He's a forward, not a defender.

Can we shift this defensive workrate discussion to the Swansea or Watford forums?
:lol:
Even Mourinho praised him for his defensive work rate and unlike people here on AM he’s watched him live in the flesh multiple times at Lille (he’s friends with their sporting director and he spent some time there after being sacked). This is the same guy who used publicly criticize Hazard for not tracking back.

Emery has polluted everyone’s mind with all these defensive players on the pitch.

Ewarwoowar

Emery has asked for patience regarding Pepe

The club have Pepe on a regime to increase his body mass, with the hope of increasing his strength, and they are also working with him on an individual basis to try and help him improve tactically on the field.

“He needs more adaptation,” Emery said about Pepe.

“He is playing good but progressively we know there is going to be more performance in him to help us.

“We are working with him first for that adaptation after the training now, also individually we are watching individual videos:lol: with him, also to push him to achieve the details tactically.

“We need him because he is playing well but also we need in our organisation to be strong with every player to improve a lot.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-team-news-Hector-Bellerin-Man-Utd-Unai-Emery

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can barely understand Unai and that’s been transcribed for **** sake.

Also I didn’t even think body strength was an issue for him, defenders can’t actually seem to get near him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom