• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

You kind of think he was going to hit the ground running when there was a slight arrogance to his arrival, you know like 'Pepe has landed', turns out he's a sensitive soul, I think/he's a slow burner, he shall have plenty of chance to warm up in the coming weeks.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Clearly very low on confidence. His performances now compared to his cameos earlier in the season are worlds apart.

nicky47

Established Member
Hoping this guy will be to us what Mane, Son, Sterling are to their teams. Whether he is that talented is very questionable, but it seems he'll take some time to settle in. Just desperate for things to go right for him...

Iceman10

Established Member
With Bellerin in there he was able to come inside, and that gives him more options than when on the flank where defenders know he is unlikely to do much sticking close to the sideline.

Still surprisingly lethargic, and I don't mean that in terms of aggression, just that his work rate to press and track back seems quite low (fitness?), and his confidence to go for it with a take-on or shot is low. When he takes a shot it is almost as if he's just happy to have it on target, not to take the risk with something a little more special to beat the GK.

Anyway, some easier fixtures coming up over the next month or two, and with Bellerin back, perhaps coupled with fitness work, there is still hope he can get through a tricky adjustment period. Not what one would expect from a 70m signing, but we know why the calculation was made for him over Zaha, i.e. potential high ceiling, etc.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Seems to have gassed out. He was running at every opportunity against liverpool. Now he's started to play like el neny.

Maybe he's feeling a little home sick! But he needs to get his act together and show people that he's a lion not a cat.

Polar Bear

Should be dropped, because there are other attacking players who are on fire at the moment, he don't deserve to start on sunday, he has had plenty of games now, looks very sloppy and beyond timid. Martnelli must start, he needs to be unleashed! he has it!.

Preacher

Always Crying
If Özil isn't good enough to start right now, Pepe definitely isn't.
Difference is that Pepe gives it all during training and is 100% fit just low on confidence at the moment. Özil, according to his buddy Mertesacker isn't fit and isn't motivate enough during training to change this.

Tomb Bombadil

Difference is that Pepe gives it all during training and is 100% fit just low on confidence at the moment. Özil, according to his buddy Mertesacker isn't fit and isn't motivate enough during training to change this.
He should also give it all in the games. I don't now why he starts to look lazy. Was running all around against Liverpool and Tottenham.

I think he will start against Bmouth but if he doesn't shows what he can he has to be dropped for Martinelli or Nelson.

Let's play Aubamawang

This isn't true. You could see how pissed he was at being subbed the other night. He's also not been horrible this season at all so no idea why people are carrying on like this. I've shown lots of critique for this player but at the moment it isn't justified.
I'm not saying he can't still play, and no player likes being subbed, especially when they're barely playing. But there's clearly a reason he's not in the match day squads.

I would rather play someone who is up for the fight like Willock than someone who happens to be on high wages. Not because he isn't talented, he just isn't producing enough for the amount of money he is on. So give young, hungry players chances instead. Then maybe Özil will leave of his own volition in order to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom