• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Thanks for the translation.

Goes totally against the inference that the nasty Spanish dictator was horrible to him as put about by some of the Tets hate collective on at times on here.

As said Arteta put in a lot of effort with the player but unfortunately Pepe doesn't have the tools to succeed here.

GoonerJay24

Thanks for the translation.

Goes totally against the inference that the nasty Spanish dictator was horrible to him as put about by some of the Tets hate collective on at times on here.

As said Arteta put in a lot of effort with the player but unfortunately Pepe doesn't have the tools to succeed here.

He probably didn't use the right management style for someone like Pepe. Similarly with Guendouzi, Özil and Aubamayang.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He says he was later advised not to train with the french players in order to get over the language barrier (direct quote: English really not his thing) and he felt completely lost at first. He didn't understand what was going on with the training sessions even with the French players and was lost in his first game for the same reason.
People complain about the fees for transfers inside the EPL, how everything is too expensive.

Well, here is a perfect example on one of the reasons why clubs are willing to pay more for England and EPL adjusted players. Saliba and Martinelli for example have learned English very well, but this is more expected for younger persons. But for some it will always be a problem.

Another possible problem for players is just not liking England, or getting homesick like Torreira.

With these examples you can see that buying from foreign countries poses a risk for the investment. So buying from EPL is more expensive, but also less riskier to mostly lose the investment like Pepe and Torreira.

It's also obvious why the club tries to get players like Timber, who speak fluent English, so the risk is much smaller.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He probably didn't use the right management style for someone like Pepe. Similarly with Guendouzi, Özil and Aubamayang.
Nah I don't think it's anything to do with management style.
Pepe struggles because he lacks the required skillset. You can be talented but If you have poor concentration & game understanding on the pitch you ain't making it here or at most top clubs tbf.

He's a skillful lower level player.

Moving to a big Prem team was unfortunately a step too far.

Özil was washed. Auba declining fast & not a serious example asvcaptain while douzi just simply a bit of a tit

GoonerJay24

Nah I don't think it's anything to do with management style.
Pepe struggles because he lacks the required skillset. You can be talented but If you have poor concentration & game understanding on the pitch you ain't making it here or at most top clubs tbf.

He's a skillful lower level player.

Moving to a big Prem team was unfortunately a step too far.

Özil was washed. Auba declining fast & not a serious example asvcaptain while douzi just simply a bit of a tit

I guess we'll never know not being there. Of course Pepe has his limitations but I still think personalities like Klopp and Wenger would get much more from Pepe.

That's just my opinion

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I guess we'll never know not being there. Of course Pepe has his limitations but I still think personalities like Klopp and Wenger would get much more from Pepe.

That's just my opinion
That's fair enough, yes you are likely correct. Certain coaches & systems will probably yield more from Pepe. But it's also interesting how he spoke about the demands of the league.
Wenger had Gervinho. Don't know if you remember him? Also an ivory coast winger, struggled here but did well in Italy after leaving.

I can't see any prem clubs wanting pepe. Klopp isn't stepping forward convinced he can redeem him.

After a pretty meh season in France it seems there is little interest from anywhere unfortunately tbh.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Decent lad but not very good at football. Not his fault he cost that much, let him leave for free and move on, ain't nobody dumb enough to pay 1$ for him

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

That's just my opinion
I think Wenger would have made adjustments to get the best out of every player whereas Pepe says Arteta plays his way regardless of whether the players are equipped. Freddie also said that Wenger would find "playful solutions" to problems whereas Arteta will buy a solution if one can't be trained. To this day, I don't think Pires speaks good English but what a player he was for us. This was a sad deal for club and player

Jasinho

Really bizarre how we've not been able to find a buyer for him even at 5 or 10mil. For all intents and purposes he is a decent attacker, and his wage isn't that crazy that it should put off every single club from wanting him for that cheap. Just don't understand what is going on when Chelsea have been able to shift a bunch of their s* players for relatively high fees and here we are letting ours go for free.

Bucephalus

I think Wenger would have made adjustments to get the best out of every player whereas Pepe says Arteta plays his way regardless of whether the players are equipped. Freddie also said that Wenger would find "playful solutions" to problems whereas Arteta will buy a solution if one can't be trained. To this day, I don't think Pires speaks good English but what a player he was for us. This was a sad deal for club and player
To be fair, Wenger had the benefit of having laid down his system, and then could do tweaks with players who didn't quite fit. Arteta had to do it from the beginning, and Pepe just really didn't fit.

I really liked the Pepe signing. I wanted a pacy forward with dribbling skills. But he never quite made it under Emery. And under Arteta, he failed the ball retention, pressing, and tracking back that are mandatory. Not his fault, not really his skill set, just didn't fit. (Oh, and there's that small bit of unexpectedly being usurped by a teenager who turned out to be the best right winger in the world).

I wish Pepe well. And I'm confident, with the system laid down, Arteta will find ways to use a talent like Pepe next time.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Pepe is 1 of the worse signings.
Honestly mate, I don't think Pepe is as bad as everyone thinks he is, obviously nowhere near as much as he should have been signed for unfortunately. Probably why everone dislikes him. I always keep him as my back up for Saka on FIFA, always does a decent job for me. Everyone disliking him, probably because of how much he was signed for, thats probably Edu's fault haha.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Honestly mate, I don't think Pepe is as bad as everyone thinks he is, obviously nowhere near as much as he should have been signed for unfortunately. Probably why everone dislikes him. I always keep him as my back up for Saka on FIFA, always does a decent job for me. Everyone disliking him, probably because of how much he was signed for, thats probably Edu's fault haha.

Pepe value is gone because Arteta made it clear he would not play him under any circumstances. There is no way Reiss Nelson is better player than Pepe. But when you are frozen out by Arteta you done

Ljonin

Pepe value is gone because Arteta made it clear he would not play him under any circumstances. There is no way Reiss Nelson is better player than Pepe. But when you are frozen out by Arteta you done
Arteta values off the ball qualities a lot. That’s one of the main reasons we’ve improved so much under him.

That’s also why Pepe simply doesn’t fit.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta values off the ball qualities a lot. That’s one of the main reasons we’ve improved so much under him.

That’s also why Pepe simply doesn’t fit.
And that’s why we will pay money to our 72 million signing to leave. His inability to use his squad to max is big issue

Ljonin

And that’s why we will pay money to our 72 million signing to leave. His inability to use his squad to max is big issue
Too early to tell. He’s aiming to win the league, you can’t have players that’s not up to standard then. Pep wouldn’t have played Pepe either.

Now the whole squad is Artetas hand picked players so it will be interesting to see how he uses them

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

In all honesty, Pepe probably isn't capable of playing for us consistently, he's probably a tad better then Nelson, however he's certainly capable of playing in one of the lower clubs in the EPL, the Championship too.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom