• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know how no one told you this yet but , your "Pepe is my favorite, I love Pepe" talk is the one of the cringiest thing I seen in this forum. Its fake, you know it and everybody else know it. Just go on with the way you used to treat the subject.

This, your like/post ratio talk, Saka/ESR talk and daily begging for a 'trusted' status is making you one of the worst posters on the forum. Bring back the old hydro, this one ain't no good.

Who are you?

REEVIE1995

Lol I brought up that stat to illustrate that a couple favourites were on the pitch for the full 90 and did nothing.

People foaming at the mouth over an ineffective 15 minute cameo. People just don’t know what they are talking about and just blinded by their own biases really.

I think the criticsm Pepe gets is amplified by his price tag which isn't his fault. He is a 30 million pound player at best that we bought for 70. However whilst I didnt think Saka and ESR were up to their usual standards yesterday, Pepe was on the pitch for half hour and was totally anonymous bar one diabolical shot at the end. Saka's crossing was excellent yesterday and when Smith Rowe got the ball in the final third he looked dangerous. In comparison Pepe might as well have been on the bench.

Personally I get frustrated because I think he has the ability to be a top class player but is instead badly underachieving. He is the kid who got predicted A's for the exams and instead keeps getting C's, D's and the occasional F like today. It's so annoying to watch talent like that trickle away.

Fellow poster.

You were one of my favorite posters but you are no longer the same. Just hoping to see you back to where you were.

I will try my best for you mate, but I had a near-death experience with covid when I had to go on ventilator for 5 days. Every day now for me is full of anxiety and I have constant pain in the chest and I'm always wondering is it post-covid syndrome or just anxiety... Been three times to the emergency room in the last 4 months because I think I'm having a stroke or heart attack. I never experienced anxiety, stress, or depression before. I'm just learning to cope with the new reality.

Sometimes I get caught up in the thought that I actually died but woke up life in this new universe where I'm a life again, nothing really feels the same yet everything is exactly like it is...

Squillaci

I think the criticsm Pepe gets is amplified by his price tag which isn't his fault. He is a 30 million pound player at best that we bought for 70. However whilst I didnt think Saka and ESR were up to their usual standards yesterday, Pepe was on the pitch for half hour and was totally anonymous bar one diabolical shot at the end. Saka's crossing was excellent yesterday and when Smith Rowe got the ball in the final third he looked dangerous. In comparison Pepe might as well have been on the bench.

Personally I get frustrated because I think he has the ability to be a top class player but is instead badly underachieving. He is the kid who got predicted A's for the exams and instead keeps getting C's, D's and the occasional F like today. It's so annoying to watch talent like that trickle away.

I don't really get why do people think that.

Moah

I will try my best for you mate, but I had a near-death experience with covid when I had to go on ventilator for 5 days. Every day now for me is full of anxiety and I have constant pain in the chest and I'm always wondering is it post-covid syndrome or just anxiety... Been three times to the emergency room in the last 4 months because I think I'm having a stroke or heart attack. I never experienced anxiety, stress, or depression before. I'm just learning to cope with the new reality.

Sometimes I get caught up in the thought that I actually died but woke up life in this new universe where I'm a life again, nothing really feels the same yet everything is exactly like it is...
I feel you mate. You may have forgotten but we had discussed this in Rich's medical corner before. I am sorry if you took offense from my post and I didn't mean to do that. What you went through is absolutely horrible and you are one of the lucky ones.

I know you are making progress in your recovery and wish you all the best. Cheers!!!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At least someone lost their job over this, as this will end up being one of the worst transfers ever...he is a good player, but not what we needed at all, shame.

I feel you mate. You may have forgotten but we had discussed this in Rich's medical corner before. I am sorry if you took offense from my post and I didn't mean to do that. What you went through is absolutely horrible and you are one of the lucky ones.

I know you are making progress in your recovery and wish you all the best. Cheers!!!

I'm not really that invested in all the internet fighting thingy... I sometimes get "offended" just to throw my attackers a bone, most of them seem to be here exactly for that!

But anyway, thanks mate! I will try to post better but my posts/likes ratio and trusted status were funny IMO, will definitely be in my movie.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Did anyone think he was good last season though? He's been pretty bad his whole time here, I was writing him off last season and people kept fighting for him and calling me a troll and now everyone else has written him off.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Did anyone think he was good last season though? He's been pretty bad his whole time here, I was writing him off last season and people kept fighting for him and calling me a troll and now everyone else has written him off.
Have you heard a think called hope or are you just a negative robot :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nah but he had moments throughout and finished the season strongly. He has enough tools to work out but for whatever reason he hasn't.

He's had 4 starts in the league, rest he's come on in matches like Palace. Only a world class player is doing something with that- he's obviously not world class.

I back his talent but not to the extent where I think he can overcome this much doubt from everybody - manager included.

I look forward to his move though, I think shines post Arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Nah but he had moments throughout and finished the season strongly. He has enough tools to work out but for whatever reason he hasn't.

He's had 4 starts in the league, rest he's come on in matches like Palace. Only a world class player is doing something with that- he's obviously not world class.

I back his talent but not to the extent where I think he can overcome this much doubt from everybody - manager included.

You tend to post about him in a sympathetic and slightly coddling way, I don't think it's all on management. The doubt doesn't come from nowhere, he just isn't doing his job. I don't think Arteta has a personal grudge.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yep and it's a situation where clearly he's not been good enough but he is not helped in the slightest by our manager and the way we set up.

Personally I still like Pepe and tbh I bet in the right system.....like Klopp's Liverpool he'd thrive because the wingers play like inside forwards. But he might not be the one for this Arsenal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You tend to post about him in a sympathetic and slightly coddling way, I don't think it's all on management. The doubt doesn't come from nowhere, he just isn't doing his job. I don't think Arteta has a personal grudge.
hmm I think signing Willian to play in your position after the FA Cup final he had is 100% a manager thing tbh.

I know you like to think the Manager has no bearing on results and players and stuff but if that were the case, Freddie would have stayed.

Pepe wasn't doing his job consistently but tbh, who is?

There's nothing sympathetic or coddling about my recent posts regarding Pepe or any player - I've largely given up on him at Arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

hmm I think signing Willian to play in your position after the FA Cup final he had is 100% a manager thing tbh.

I know you like to think the Manager has no bearing on results and players and stuff but if that were the case, Freddie would have stayed.

Pepe wasn't doing his job consistently but tbh, who is?

There's nothing sympathetic or coddling about my recent posts regarding Pepe or any player - I've largely given up on him at Arsenal.

Yeah Willian signing was baffling but I think it was just for depth, even though I'd never take it. I just think Pepe, Laca and Auba just don't have the best chemistry, all 3 are better in the box with people creating for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom